Great to be an American

^^^ no bow tie.

It seems there is a lot of problems in Africa that need to be cleared up as well cough*DARFUR*cough Oh wait, there's no oil? hmmm........

Deuce77, your 100% correct. Still not the meaning of the thread though. Everyone on here is right in a way. For whatever reason you don't get my point. I just don't know how to make it any more clear. I know Saddam's death is meaningless to the war. His death makes me and obviously only me, happy. I'm glad he's dead. I hate the fact that our country is even involved in this bullshit and your right to feel like you do. I agree with you. But at the same time I'm glad Saddam is dead. That's all I was trying to say. S-H-I-T!!!! FUCK IT.

"no attacks on usa soil since the war ,3 before the war. can you put a price on bombs blowing up at the mall when your kids are there,or maybe at your daughters wedding,maybe at the ufc when you are there ?"

Go look up the meaning of spurious logic.

Saddam deserved what he got. Just like this thread deserves to be on the OG.

And as far as this thread goes, some people sure do choose odd times to be proud about being American...

War is not a sporting event.

cajun typical american idiots equation: 2k+ americans dying horrible deaths 10k+ seriously wounded + 500k+innocent irakis(guys bush was liberating) dying horrible deaths + 50 zillion dollars spent on new radical shia(Osamas choice) govt = 1 really old ex dictator

I'M JUST GLAD THE FUCKING GUY IS DEAD. I KNOW ALL THE OTHER STUFF IS BAD. THAT ISN'T WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY. I'M NOT PICKING THE RIGHT TIME TO BE AN AMERICAN EITHER. YOU PEOPLE SHOULD ALL BE MAKING A MILLION DOLLARS BEING PSYCH DOCTORS OR SOMETHING REALLY SMART LIKE THAT. SEEING HOW YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND SIMPLE ENGLISH. I'M GLAD SADDAM IS DEAD. PERIOD. THAT'S IT. END OF STORY. GO TO BED FUCKERS.

cajun, I dont know why you are apologizing every 5 minutes, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I think its a shame that liberals portray conservatives as shotgun weilding rednecks because we support our troops. I think that its great that Sadaam finally got what he deserved. I will always be proud to be an American, to those who aren't, I encourage you to travel abroad and see just how fortunate you really are.

I believe that Iraq is a crucial part in the war on terror, the terrorists who fight against Coalition forces are fighting against giving the Iraqi people the right to make their own choices in their government, and also their daily lives, something all the Bush haters on here take for granted. American media seems to have this obsession with the body count of casualties of American soldiers and not paying any attention to the good that we are contributing to.

I agree that the post war planning was basically non existent, but dont mistake this administrations poor planning as judging whose right and wrong. The sharia law that the terrorists wish to instil on the world is not the way to go and we need a charismatic muslim leader to stand up and rally others. Use the coalition forces to create despair among the terrorists and the clerics charisma to win hearts and minds.

It's great to be a BJJ white belt!!!

"Now its Dubya's turn."

YES.

"2k+ americans dying horrible deaths 10k+ seriously wounded + 500k+innocent irakis(guys bush was liberating) dying horrible deaths + 50 zillion dollars spent on new radical shia(Osamas choice) govt = 1 really old ex dictator"

Hope it was all worth it.

And of course its great Saddam is dead but too bad he never got the chance to air Bush and cos dirty laundry/homie history.

"slick, you aren't fit to even attend a class I was teaching about the subject" - Jason Smith

You taught a class in this? What a fucking load of bullshit. Where? What was the name of the class? "American involvment in Iraq"?! You just lost all credability sir.

"I think its a shame that liberals portray conservatives as shotgun weilding rednecks because we support our troops."

I think it's a shame that people think that "supporting the troops" means cheering when the survivors come home, instead of bringing them home and out of harms way.

I cheer the troops as they fight for a noble cause and I will also cheer them when they eventually return triumphant. Liberals such as yourself, underhill are the ones who only cheer when the survivors come home.

Bringing the troops home would obviously be the most ideal situation, but people who just want to bring the troops home regardless just arent seeing the whole picture, the reality of the situation is that in order for this new Iraqi government to succeed, the U>S. led coalition will be commited to troops on the ground for the remainder of the decade, and possibly longer. The Iraqi army and police forces need to recieve more intensive training and a more selective application process. The Iraqi government needs to step up and take more responsability.

As soon as a democracy is firmly established, the French and Germans will be the first in there trying to get their hands on trade and the resources.

Patriotism and supporting the troops is all well and good but I guarantee you as soon as we walk out of that place, it will go up in flames. It doesn't matter whether it is now or in 10 years, it is just the tribal mentality over there. Why don't people understand that you can't make a country out of people who don't want to be one?? The only reason they remained a country before was because of Hussein and his party's brutal reign of terror over that country.

They should just split that place up into a separate Sunni, Shia and Kurdish state and be done with that shithole. Guard the oilfields maybe but otherwise get the fuck out. At this point our best bet is to cut our losses and avoid the worst possible case which is it eventually devolving into a puppet state of Iran. If we continue that is exactly what will happen. If we cut it up into states, then at least the region will be somewhat stable and the Iranians will only have influence over the Shia portion.

The world was a much safer place when Iraq was a stable, relatively cohesive nation.

Now Iran and Syria are laughing their asses off and thanking George W for bringing Iraq back into their orbit.

"Liberals such as yourself, underhill are the ones who only cheer when the survivors come home."

I admit I don't cheer when they bring home soldiers in boxes. Damn, ya got me.

Why the hell is it America's responsibility to keep Iraq's government established?! Shouldn't they just be happy that Saddam is out and dead? (Something which I think is a VERY good thing, btw)

USA did it's job. They ousted the guy that was not complying with the UN. Can we please get the soldiers out from where they are being shot and killed now? I think it's safe to say that Iraq is NO threat.

ttt

The ethnocentrisim is strong on this thread... USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!!