greg jackson responds

You all seem like a bunch of whiny immature children who didn't get their way and simply refuse to take a step back and really think things through.

This place is getting worse every day lol.

He is right. Sucks, but he is right.

ABE FROMAN - The reason why you take the fight on short notice is because it's short notice for Sonnen too.

Sonnen is also 20 pounds lighter and is out of shape.

You want to wait until he's in shape and is more muscular just because you have a better gameplan?

You have every OTHER advantage.

i agree...especially considering it wouldve been 5 rds

AlexanderTheGOAT - 

Lol @ veracity Phone Post

I was thinking the same thing.

Motivated Penn - Veracity?

lol this

rrg1 - 
perfy - Take a fight with a middleweight with bad sub defense coming off a TKO loss with no training camp, while Jones has had a full camp. Get an immediate rematch should you lose and have a perfect excuse of last minute opponent. Doesn't seem very risky to me. Wonder if he pissed off sponsors like Nike which would make it an even dumber move.

You're 100% correct; It doesn't seem risky to you or anyother keyboard warrior around here...

Now to the guy who has everything to lose and nothing to really gain, it's opposite...

it cost him the goodwill of his employer, so i would say he lost a fucking lot by turning the fight down. much worse than if he had lost even, imo.

rrg1 - You all seem like a bunch of whiny immature children who didn't get their way and simply refuse to take a step back and really think things through.

This place is getting worse every day lol.

Lol what did you expect? The majority of the UG didn't like Jones and Jackson before this. I think Dana is right in the fact that it's a Jackson thing. The reason he is so successful are his game plans - Guida vs Pettis, Condit vs Diaz. His tactics minimise risk so after all that preparation why take a big risk by taking a different opponent even if it would be a similar fighter. They like to be in control of every scenario. He also has a lot more to lose now he's got Nike on board as they don't sponsor losers! Phone Post

They should minimize the "risk" for Jones and make it a non-title bout and still have the event. I feel bad for the fans that are traveling there and spending money to attend and for the fighters that were supposed to fight.

Meohfumado - 

lulz...that's what I was thinking too

well played motivated penn

whoabro -

lol this

Lolol nice catch Phone Post

UFC gave him a shot on a week notice and he took it, now he gives them the finger.

Ironhouse - UFC gave him a shot on a week notice and he took it, now he gives them the finger.

Interesting point.

It isn't like Dana asked him to fight JDS instead of Henderson.

He turned down an easier fight to an out of shape opponant he doesnt like. Once these fighters start to worry about losing what they have, I start losing interest in them.

I am not a fighter, but I am a fight fan. I would rather watch Nick Diaz, Dan Henderson, even Chael fight than watch someone try to convince cecil peoples that they one the fight.

Greg Jackson knows this, but also knows that a titleholder always has a future payday.

(My first post ever.)

Ironhouse - UFC gave him a shot on a week notice and he took it, now he gives them the finger.

Huh? What are you talking about? Jones fought Bader at the beginning of February when he was offered Shogun..he fought Shogun in the middle of March.

Wow, the number of UFC yes men on this forum is appalling. Jackson's obligations lay with protecting the best interest of his fighter, if he had agreed to allow Jones to take this fight simply to appease the ever petulant and bitchy Dana, he would have been acting in contradiction of his obligations to his fighter.

"It's a serious fight with serious ramifications"

Yes, and the card itself has serious ramifications for everyone not named Jon Jones ...

Not only is his employer, the UFC - the company that's a big part of why he's so famous and rich, screwed out of millions, not only the fighters that miss out on a payday and potential bonuses, not only the fans - many of whom were going to LV just for this, but the hundreds of people who won't get paid that night because there's no event. Attendants, vendors, security, hotel staff that won't be needed and so on.

Yes, Greg the ramifications are huge - your guy could've helped a lot of people by doing what he's paid to do, but instead he thought only of himself and his legacy, screw everyone else.

Jackson has a BS excuse for everything. What's sad is fanboys lacking in brain cells like rrg1 are still buying into Jackson's line of BS even now.

A champion should fight whoever the org wants them to. If they're offered a couple guys who've agreed and picks one from them fine, but when the org and the other fighters on the card are in a tight jam, a champion should be wanting to carry the torch by defending the belt on short notice, not running away from it. There will always be some risk in fighting. It's not like Jones was at a disadvantage here like Jackson is pretending.

Any disadvantage Jones would've had coming into the fight, Sonnen would've had to a greater level. Ok, so Jones only gets a few days to specifically train for Sonnen. Well Sonnen is at a greater disadvantage. He only has a few days to train for Jones and he hasn't had the benefit of a full training camp like Jones has had. Not only that, Sonnen is moving up a weight class. Jones isn't.

This has ducking written all over it. Jackson must think Sonnen is a bad matchup for Jones and, even if Sonnen isn't a favorte, it's just too risky in Jackson's safety mindset to take the fight because of that, especially because Jackson wont have much time to come up with a little Jackson gameplan. They act like warriors. They act like martial artists. Well a true warrior, a true martial artist, a true champion, would realize that not all battles get 8 weeks of preparation before you fight them. Instead, Jackson and Jones would rather duck and run. It's amazing some fans are still delusional enough to support them.

Chappie - Wow, the number of UFC yes men on this forum is appalling. Jackson's obligations lay with protecting the best interest of his fighter, if he had agreed to allow Jones to take this fight simply to appease the ever petulant and bitchy Dana, he would have been acting in contradiction of his obligations to his fighter.

Get out of here with that crap. You Jackson/Jones defenders are out of your mind with these excuses. It's not like they called Jones and asked him to fill in. He had his full training camp. Jones was already scheduled to fight! Sonnen was the one coming in on short notice. Sonnen was also moving up a weight class. If anything Jones would've gained an advantage by fighting an opponent who had to step in on such short notice. So gee, I wonder why he was so afraid to face Sonnen...

Chiron - Jackson has a BS excuse for everything. What's sad is fanboys lacking in brain cells like rrg1 are still buying into Jackson's line of BS even now.

A champion should fight whoever the org wants them to. If they're offered a couple guys who've agreed and picks one from them fine, but when the org and the other fighters on the card are in a tight jam, a champion should be wanting to carry the torch by defending the belt on short notice, not running away from it. There will always be some risk in fighting. It's not like Jones was at a disadvantage here like Jackson is pretending.

Any disadvantage Jones would've had coming into the fight, Sonnen would've had to a greater level. Ok, so Jones only gets a few days to specifically train for Sonnen. Well Sonnen is at a greater disadvantage. He only has a few days to train for Jones and he hasn't had the benefit of a full training camp like Jones has had. Not only that, Sonnen is moving up a weight class. Jones isn't.

This has ducking written all over it. Jackson must think Sonnen is a bad matchup for Jones and, even if Sonnen isn't a favorte, it's just too risky in Jackson's safety mindset to take the fight because of that, especially because Jackson wont have much time to come up with a little Jackson gameplan. They act like warriors. They act like martial artists. Well a true warrior, a true martial artist, a true champion, would realize that not all battles get 8 weeks of preparation before you fight them. Instead, Jackson and Jones would rather duck and run. It's amazing some fans are still delusional enough to support them.

VTFU for posting everything that I was thinking.

Remember back when Jones boasted he's more man than Chael will ever be? Nice way to show that isn't true Bones.