greg jackson responds

Chiron - 
Chappie - Wow, the number of UFC yes men on this forum is appalling. Jackson's obligations lay with protecting the best interest of his fighter, if he had agreed to allow Jones to take this fight simply to appease the ever petulant and bitchy Dana, he would have been acting in contradiction of his obligations to his fighter.

Get out of here with that crap. You Jackson/Jones defenders are out of your mind with these excuses. It's not like they called Jones and asked him to fill in. He had his full training camp. Jones was already scheduled to fight! Sonnen was the one coming in on short notice. Sonnen was also moving up a weight class. If anything Jones would've gained an advantage by fighting an opponent who had to step in on such short notice. So gee, I wonder why he was so afraid to face Sonnen...

For the record, I am not a fan of Greg Jackson's and I have complete distain for Jon Jones and find both guys to possess charlatan like characteristics, but Dana's temper tantrum aside, Jackson obligations lay with his fighter, not with the UFC.

Greg Jackson sucks. If it wasnt for Rashad he would be a nobody trainer. Winkeljohn carries that gym, but Greg gets all the credit.

rrg1 - 
Stephen Holder - 
rrg1 - People hating on Jackson and Jones for this are not very bright.

Nobody in their right mind at that level would just take what they're given like that. Dana and Co SHOULD know this....they're not dealing with the lower caliber fighters who basically HAVE to take what they're given.

Plus if Dana and the crew had every single thing riding on this one fight then it's their fault for putting on such a weak card. Again.

umm Chael (who normally fights at middleweight) would have had like what a week to train when Jones had an entire camp? Fuckouttahere.

lol @ you not able to understand that Sonnen has nothing to lose and everything to gain vs Jones. Also, not understanding that Jones is the champion and shouldn't be expected to take whatever is thrown his way on a short notice. I'll throw this gem in again: This is nothing more than Dana's fault for putting every single thing on ONE fight...

There should be an IQ test to join this site.

I can tell you really really think you're right about blaming dana, and essentially calling everyone stupid.

but.

you're not, and you are.

Dana doesn't put together fight cards homey.
So I think that most people are closer to being right about blaming Greg Jackson for this shit than you are to blame Dana.

besides, why the fuck would you, as champion, worry about what another fighter has to lose or gain by fighting you?

the ufc presents you with an opponent and you're going to turn it down because of what might happen if you lose ? So beat the guy..you've beaten everyone else you've fought.
the belt is on the line. that's what you'll lose if you don't win the fight.
Not a new concept.

btw i can't find the gem in your post that you referred to...

ABE FROMAN - The reason why you take the fight on short notice is because it's short notice for Sonnen too.

Sonnen is also 20 pounds lighter and is out of shape.

You want to wait until he's in shape and is more muscular just because you have a better gameplan?

You have every OTHER advantage.

Exactly.

Jackson is so bad for this sport it's startling.

And Bones is just a brat, like Chael said.

Jones would have mashed
Sonnen , I can't work out why he wouldn't take the fight

Greg Jackson makes perfect sense, a very reasonable response to Dana's usual ignorant insults. Why are you people in love with that fat, bald motherfucker?

Hater's be hatin, and playa's be playin!

subwrassler - 
rrg1 - 
Stephen Holder - 
rrg1 - People hating on Jackson and Jones for this are not very bright.

Nobody in their right mind at that level would just take what they're given like that. Dana and Co SHOULD know this....they're not dealing with the lower caliber fighters who basically HAVE to take what they're given.

Plus if Dana and the crew had every single thing riding on this one fight then it's their fault for putting on such a weak card. Again.

umm Chael (who normally fights at middleweight) would have had like what a week to train when Jones had an entire camp? Fuckouttahere.

lol @ you not able to understand that Sonnen has nothing to lose and everything to gain vs Jones. Also, not understanding that Jones is the champion and shouldn't be expected to take whatever is thrown his way on a short notice. I'll throw this gem in again: This is nothing more than Dana's fault for putting every single thing on ONE fight...

There should be an IQ test to join this site.

I can tell you really really think you're right about blaming dana, and essentially calling everyone stupid.

but.

you're not, and you are.

Dana doesn't put together fight cards homey.
So I think that most people are closer to being right about blaming Greg Jackson for this shit than you are to blame Dana.

besides, why the fuck would you, as champion, worry about what another fighter has to lose or gain by fighting you?

the ufc presents you with an opponent and you're going to turn it down because of what might happen if you lose ? So beat the guy..you've beaten everyone else you've fought.
the belt is on the line. that's what you'll lose if you don't win the fight.
Not a new concept.

btw i can't find the gem in your post that you referred to...

This.

Also Jones has every advantage in this situation. He has just as much time to prepare for Sonnen as Sonnen does to prepare for him BUT with the advantage of having already been training to fight that night. There's also the size difference that favours Jones. It doesn't matter who he fights Jones being the champ always has more to lose than his opponent when he fights, his title.

lol the worst mistake Jackson made was not realizing Jones actually had a full training camp so that 3 days notice thing is a bunch of crap. He just didnt think he could beat Sonnen. Sonnen on the other hand was barely about to start a camp so he might have had 3-5 days tops to prepare for a 5 round fight. He screwed jones over big time, with the UFC, with the Fans, with other fighters... etc

"It's a serious fight with serious ramifications."

Like any title defense.

edit

Sad how the Jones huggers who are still clinging are trying to deflect blame, acting like this was all the UFC's fault for only having one big fight on this card. I guess they, in their short memory, forgot that the co-main event was going to be Ellenberger vs Koscheck but Kos had to pull out already with an injury. Definitely not the most stacked card, and I'm all-too-happy to complain about cards being weak, but this card was at least solid before the injuries. Jones knew it would be canceled if he refused to fight a replacement. The only ones that deserve the vast majority of the blame for this card going under are Jones and Jackson.

Greg Jackson has been terrible for the sport of MMA. Creats boring fighters and helps get a UFC pay per view cancelled.

I agree with Jackson, if Machida can get a 9/22 fight, why couldn't Sonnen?

It sounds like Dana had a bet on Sonnen. Fvcking bitch.

I agree with Jackson, if Machida can get a 9/22 fight, why couldn't Sonnen?

It sounds like Dana had a bet on Sonnen. Fvcking bitch.

Motivated Penn - Veracity?

Freudian Slip no?

If you're wanting to be the greatest of all time wouldn't you want people think you could beat anyone on any given day? Phone Post

Chiron - Jackson has a BS excuse for everything. What's sad is fanboys lacking in brain cells like rrg1 are still buying into Jackson's line of BS even now.

A champion should fight whoever the org wants them to. If they're offered a couple guys who've agreed and picks one from them fine, but when the org and the other fighters on the card are in a tight jam, a champion should be wanting to carry the torch by defending the belt on short notice, not running away from it. There will always be some risk in fighting. It's not like Jones was at a disadvantage here like Jackson is pretending.

Any disadvantage Jones would've had coming into the fight, Sonnen would've had to a greater level. Ok, so Jones only gets a few days to specifically train for Sonnen. Well Sonnen is at a greater disadvantage. He only has a few days to train for Jones and he hasn't had the benefit of a full training camp like Jones has had. Not only that, Sonnen is moving up a weight class. Jones isn't.

This has ducking written all over it. Jackson must think Sonnen is a bad matchup for Jones and, even if Sonnen isn't a favorte, it's just too risky in Jackson's safety mindset to take the fight because of that, especially because Jackson wont have much time to come up with a little Jackson gameplan. They act like warriors. They act like martial artists. Well a true warrior, a true martial artist, a true champion, would realize that not all battles get 8 weeks of preparation before you fight them. Instead, Jackson and Jones would rather duck and run. It's amazing some fans are still delusional enough to support them.

Bravo!

Cindy

Meh who cares about all this B.S. the guy has a right to turn down random opponents. He was booked to fight Dangerous Dan. He pulled out due to injury so did Jones. This will have no long lasting ramifications to Jon's MMA career. Dana will throw whomever he can under the bus to take the blame off of him. The UFC is a professional organization they should have a better back-up plan than this finger pointing. It's Dana's fault just as much as it's JJ's. Phone Post

lazyfan94904 - It isn't like Dana asked him to fight JDS instead of Henderson.
He turned down an easier fight to an out of shape opponant he doesnt like. Once these fighters start to worry about losing what they have, I start losing interest in them.
I am not a fighter, but I am a fight fan. I would rather watch Nick Diaz, Dan Henderson, even Chael fight than watch someone try to convince cecil peoples that they one the fight.
Greg Jackson knows this, but also knows that a titleholder always has a future payday.
 (My first post ever.)

Are you smarter than a fifth grader?....No, no you are not.
I know it's your first post, but all the errors have me scratching my head as to if you are regarded or went to public school in the south. Phone Post