GSP: i'm not ducking Hendricks, Diaz is logical

Logical? This is the same thing as if the Packers lost their first playoff game and then got stuck in the SB because they were 15-1 and sold tickets... I understand two different worlds but the UFC will never be taken seriously by mainstream until they get this contender thing figured out. Imagine the confusion for new fans when they see Sonnen and Diaz getting title shots after losses. Phone Post

PrestigeWorldwide - 
YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

Did anybody else read this in GSP's voice?

I always read GSP interviews in GSP's voice.
Same for BLAF
Same for Bisping
LOL

lol same here

big_slacker - GSP is right. If Hendricks has 'earned' his shot he should understand waiting in line for someone that already earned his shot well before him. This talk of ducking is just Sonnonesque self promotion in an attempt to jump the line. Wait your turn Johny.

The problem with your thought process is that Nick never "earned his shot well before him"

Nick was cast out of the UFC because he could not hang years ago. He had a few decent wins in the minor leauges and shit talked his way into a title shot. He then proceeded to FUCK HIMSELF out of that title shot. 

there is no way to argue that Nick Diaz earned a title shot in the UFC before Hendricks. He is yet to even beat a legit Top 10 WW in the UFC ever. Maybe Penn if you really want to stretch since he drew with Fitch and KO'd aarp Hughes.

Goderson Silva - 
EvilMaster - Diaz is the right choice. He can beat up Hendricks later.

A guy coming off a loss with horrible takedown defense is the right choice? hmmmm okay

A guy who was out wrestled by Rick Story and who has scraped by in half of his meaningful wins?

Cunts will complain about anything

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
big_slacker - GSP is right. If Hendricks has 'earned' his shot he should understand waiting in line for someone that already earned his shot well before him. This talk of ducking is just Sonnonesque self promotion in an attempt to jump the line. Wait your turn Johny.

The problem with your thought process is that Nick never "earned his shot well before him"

Nick was cast out of the UFC because he could not hang years ago. He had a few decent wins in the minor leauges and shit talked his way into a title shot. He then proceeded to FUCK HIMSELF out of that title shot. 

there is no way to argue that Nick Diaz earned a title shot in the UFC before Hendricks. He is yet to even beat a legit Top 10 WW in the UFC ever. Maybe Penn if you really want to stretch since he drew with Fitch and KO'd aarp Hughes.

LOL at Nick being cast out of the UFC cause he couldnt hang.

You are a fucking idiot.

He left because his contract expired after 2 straight finishes

LilBrockonmychest -
crumbs - 
StruggleSnuggles -  Logical? This is the same thing as if the Packers lost their first playoff game and then got stuck in the SB because they were 15-1 and sold tickets... I understand two different worlds but the UFC will never be taken seriously by mainstream until they get this contender thing figured out. Imagine the confusion for new fans when they see Sonnen and Diaz getting title shots after losses. Phone Post

As you said . 2 different worlds, but since were comparing anyways.

In the NFL an 8-8 team could make play offs and run the table and win it all, is this fair ? An undefeated team who beat them twice in the regular season might think they don't even deserve a chance to be in the playoffs without an above .500 record.

You can nitpick at any sport if you try hard enough and people have forever, MMA fans are no different. It may feel like our precious MMA is being turned into a joke, but it's Normal for sports to change, adapt, or adjust.

Not a great analogy.  All NFL teams (and fans) know how the playoff system works.  If that 8-8 team squeazes into the playoffs, it's because they had one of the better overall records in their conference.  There is no favoritism over who may or may not make the playoffs.

This! It wouldnt be a surprise if the 8-8 team got in everyone would know why... Tell me how a fighter coming off a loss in a interim title fight and a suspension gets a title fight? Phone Post

he'll take out Hendricks faster than he will Diaz imo.

they will both be fairly easy fights for him tho.

as far as the super fights...Andy beats gsp and jbj imo.

Willy the Coyote - 
Ya Mon - 
kevsh - GSP insists on fighting Hendricks, fans say he's ducking Diaz.
GSP insists on fighting Diaz, fans say he's ducking Hendricks.

In too many fans' eyes, he can do no right.

You have rusty tromboned the truth Phone Post

I would never say that he ducked Diaz, as Diaz doesn't deserve the fight.

This. The Diaz sack gobblers are a literal minority, and only a vocal obnoxious majority on forums. There is no way the majority of fans would have any issues at all with a hendricks fight. 

Sure we want to see Silva vs GSP, but no way you could complain or cry ducking if GSP chose to fight the CLEAR #1 contender to his belt. 

GSP has 3 options via the UFC. Diaz, Silva and Hendricks. It's not his fault that Diaz is an option ... that goes to Dana. (GSP may have wanted it but Dana always has final say and could have said no)

So it's pretty obvious to anyone paying attention to GSP the last year and a half that Diaz has been the first to piss him off outwardly. Sure the Kos of the world annoyed him and he "did his talking in the octagon" and all. But Diaz hit a nerve that GSP just has to scratch. He probably feels that this will be his only chance to get his hands on that guy.

So Diaz is the logical next opponent for GSP from GSP's perspective. It's not his job to worry about Hendricks or Silva or anyone else.

HenryO - 

LOL at Nick being cast out of the UFC cause he couldnt hang.

You are a fucking idiot.

He left because his contract expired after 2 straight finishes

There is a reason his "contract expired". 

He LOST 3 in a row before coming back for those 2 wins, but you knew that already. 

He was 4-4 overall in the UFC, after losing those 3 in a row,but you knew that.

He thought he was worth the big bucks despite being barely over 500 in the UFC. 

Again, there is a reason his "contract expired".

Gsp talking a lil smack gotta love it Phone Post

nick was not 4-4 in the ufc when he left . lol

the intranets..how do they work?

HenryO - 
Goderson Silva - 
EvilMaster - Diaz is the right choice. He can beat up Hendricks later.

A guy coming off a loss with horrible takedown defense is the right choice? hmmmm okay

A guy who was out wrestled by Rick Story and who has scraped by in half of his meaningful wins?

Cunts will complain about anything

Take Nick's stockton sausage out of your mouth and think about what you just typed. 

Johny Hendricks has 3 Top 10 wins. 

Kampmann

Koscheck

Fitch

2 of those were by VISCIOUS KO. One of those was against a guy NO ONE can finish, including GSP and everyone who has tried for over a decade. A decade. 

Explain how 2/3 Top 10 wins by KO is "scraped by in half"...

Meanwhile you will argue till your fingers bleed that a guy with 2 fights in his return to the UFC, one beating of a LW, and one LOSS, is more deserving.

subwrassler - nick was not 4-4 in the ufc when he left . lol

He said 4-4 before his final two fights Phone Post

subwrassler - nick was not 4-4 in the ufc when he left . lol

Reading, how does it work:

Try again, only slower-

"He LOST 3 in a row before coming back for those 2 wins, but you knew that already.

He was 4-4 overall in the UFC, after losing those 3 in a row,but you knew that."

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Reading, how does it work:

Try again, only slower-

"He LOST 3 in a row before coming back for those 2 wins, but you knew that already.

He was 4-4 overall in the UFC, after losing those 3 in a row,but you knew that."

ok, so you weren't exactly wrong in that context.

you were just making an irrelevant point because you're a hater.

now i get it.
thanks for the bold print...i would never have gotten it without that.

subwrassler - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

<br />
    <p>
        Reading, how does it work:</p>
    <p>
        &nbsp;</p>
    <p>
        Try again, only slower-</p>
    <p>
        &quot;He LOST 3 in a row <strong>before coming back for those 2 wins</strong>, but you knew that already.</p>
    <div>
        He was 4-4 overall in the UFC, <strong>after losing those 3 in a row</strong>,but you knew that.&quot;</div>
</blockquote>
<br />
ok, so you weren't exactly wrong in that context.<br />
<br />
you were just making an irrelevant point because you're a hater.<br />
<br />
now i get it.<br />
thanks for the bold print...i would never have gotten it without that.</blockquote>

Apparently you needed the bold print. 

Not only was I not exactly wrong, I was 100% correct. You just tried to call me out for a fail, without actually comprehending what I wrote. Had you not been condescending after the first sentence I would have responded differently.

It was not an "irrelevant point" as someone questioned me when I said he couldn't cut it in the UFC. Being barely over 500 and leaving to go to the minor leauges is not cutting it to me. I was responding to someone directly about what they responded to me about. That's not irrelevant.

Just slow down a little that's all. I was a long time Nick Diaz fanb until the fallout from the Condit fight. Far from a hater. I am just rational enough to realize where he should be ranked, what his record really is againt top competition, and that he does not deserve a title shot without at least ONE solid win in the UFC against a Top contender. 

Cheers.

Diaz fans please tell me how Nick deserves a title shot i've asked it 5 times and no answers (Not surprising though since we all know the answer)

As i said cunts will complain about anything

condit beats diaz

gsp beats condit easily

diaz = safe fight

but yeah, i mean, it makes sense for gsp not to fight the number 1 contender (who beat kos, fitch, and kampmann)

ok.