GSP: i'm not ducking Hendricks, Diaz is logical

lol Diaz fans voting me down because he isn't deserving

Hendricks does have the better WW record and has earned the shot. However he is a boring mellow dude with no personality other than the typical "Jeebus helps me KO people" lines. Diaz is a money fight wich is why GSP wants it.

But frankly disregarding who "deserves" it more, other than a small punchers chance, Hendricks doesnt have any better shot of beating him than Diaz does. Its fairly easy to predict both fights

Hendricks prefight: Im an NCAA champ!, he cant outwrestle me!!

Hendricks postfight: I cant believe he outwrestled me!!

Diaz postfight: He held me down like a bitch, if i had 100 more rounds, i would knock his ass out!!

HenryO - As i said cunts will complain about anything

Translation: I have no rational answer and I know Diaz doesn't deserve it. 

thanks for playing.

EvilMaster - Diaz is the right choice. He can beat up Hendricks later.

correct! and i'm more pumped to see a GSP vs Diaz.

i think this sucks for Hendricks.... Ellenberger's a tough cat, and could very well beat Hendricks. there's also the risk of injury to Hendricks, both in training and in the Ellenberger fight...

IMO, he doesn't need another fight to solidify his title shot, and the Ellenberger fight is simply a high risk, low payoff fight for him.

honestly, if i was Hendricks, i would simply sit out this fight and wait for GSP.

for the record, i accept that Diaz-GSP is a big money fight, and a lot of fans want to see it.... i'm just getting tired of seeing guys work themselves up the rankings and getting hosed.

Gokudamus stole my name - Hendricks does have the better WW record and has earned the shot. However he is a boring mellow dude with no personality other than the typical "Jeebus helps me KO people" lines. Diaz is a money fight wich is why GSP wants it.

But frankly disregarding who "deserves" it more, other than a small punchers chance, Hendricks doesnt have any better shot of beating him than Diaz does. Its fairly easy to predict both fights

Hendricks prefight: Im an NCAA champ!, he cant outwrestle me!!

Hendricks postfight: I cant believe he outwrestled me!!

Diaz postfight: He held me down like a bitch, if i had 100 more rounds, i would knock his ass out!!

. Phone Post

GSP wants to fight nick, ok good and dandy. I don't think nick wants to fight GSP. I wouldn't be surprised if nick Torpedoes the fight again by not showing up for some media event. Phone Post

Willy the Coyote - 

Diaz earned a fight by losing? Interdasting. I like how GSP uses a close win to discredit Hendricks, but a close loss is ok for Diaz. Hendricks has defeated three top 10 fighters in a row. Pretending he doesn't deserve the fight is laughable.

As a GSP fan, it's tough to hear him avoid telling the truth: He wants the easy fight. Phone Post

Please, let's have some call you a pussy repeatedly and disrespect you non-stop and see if you just shurg them off and don't want to cave in their head

SupesUp - 

He is 100% correct and I can't believe he even has to explain himself.
Wouldn't have mattered who he choose he would have been ducking. Phone Post

Well ofcourse because he ducked anderson.

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

thanks for playing.

More like just to lazy and stoned to respond at the time lol, but here ill try to bring some sense to my post

Im just saying that if Hendricks/GSP was the fight that was made there would be a gang of people bitching about that too, saying Hendricks is a style matchup we've seen enough against Georges and yadayada bullshit.

Going by the rankings sure Hendricks is above Diaz right now, but GSP/Hendricks isnt a fightt hat really jumps out at ya. ITs pretty much another Kos fight for GSP at this point and a Diaz fight brings much more excitement on the ground and standing. Also in the trash talk and name value department which trump all in fight promotion.

Really hope Hendricks puts on a another good performance against Ellenberger and gets his shot late 2013

'Explain how 2/3 Top 10 wins by KO is "scraped by in half"..."

Kos, Pierce, Story, were all fights with no clear winner from what ican remember. But obviously in his defence those are all almost impossible guys to clearly beat

GSP: i'm not ducking Hendricks, lol im ducking anderson

I am not saying he is " ducking " but I will say he is passing up on the fight that should take place for one that shouldn't even be talked about. If the next fight isn't the " Super Fight " ( which I think is stupid ) then it should be against the #1 contender, not a guy coming off a loss and a years suspension. Give Diaz a real challenge and if he wins move him up.

Cung knocked my ace out - DfW- hey Johny you win your fight vs Martin and the title shot is yours...

*Johny KO's kampmann in the first*

Dfw- Diaz fights next for ww championship coming off a loss as well as nsac suspension.

Johny- huh?

Dfw- Johny, you fight 12th ranked JAKE ELlENBERGER!!

One big collective WTF Phone Post

While its true Hendricks is getting shafted, I'm glad he's taking the high road, fight wise, and staying active. He just doesn't have the name recognition right now to afford staying shelved. Although I have a feeling his mouth is starting to get under Dana's skin (ala Hendo).

And bet your bottom dollar that heavy leather will be thrown in this fight. Phone Post

Ufc wanted gsp/Diaz for the money, now they're just glad that gsp picked Diaz so they can put all the blame on him to all questions about Hendrix being #1 contender. I'm just glad gsp is fighting and hopefully he can fight 3 times in 2013. Hendricks will eventually fight gsp if he wins the fight in march and if he keeps talking trash it will a nicer buildup to the fight then it would be right now...if gsp doesn't vacant the belt.... Phone Post

Ya Mon - Also MMA is heading towards the pure entertainment vs pure athletic performance . Personality is now important and match making not necessarily based on merit. Phone Post

This

Is not new

Do u even Pride?!? Phone Post

it should not matter who GSP picks. he is not joe silva. And the no1 contender should be fighting for the championship. that is what no1 contender is all about.

but hey, doesn't gsp lose like $2 million if he loses a fight?

WW is so deep that a guy coming off a loss in his last fight and a year drug suspension gets a title shot? and people were bitching about women's 135 having no depth

Pancake Syrup - Diaz fans please tell me how Nick deserves a title shot i've asked it 5 times and no answers (Not surprising though since we all know the answer)

Nick Diaz deserves a title shot as much as Condit did. Diaz fans, like most PROFESSIONAL MMA FIGHTERS who watched the fight and later tweeted about it- know that Diaz did not lose that fight. Most thought he won it. I do not entirely agree, but both fighters underperformed and nobody truly won it decisively. So that's answered your question.

This will work out better for hendricks in the end provided he beats elenberger. They can work the whole Hendricks got screwed/GSP is ducking angle and it will potentially translate to two high-selling ppv's versus one potentially mediocre one.

LilBrockonmychest - 
HenryO - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

thanks for playing.

More like just to lazy and stoned to respond at the time lol, but here ill try to bring some sense to my post

Im just saying that if Hendricks/GSP was the fight that was made there would be a gang of people bitching about that too, saying Hendricks is a style matchup we've seen enough against Georges and yadayada bullshit.

Going by the rankings sure Hendricks is above Diaz right now, but GSP/Hendricks isnt a fightt hat really jumps out at ya. ITs pretty much another Kos fight for GSP at this point and a Diaz fight brings much more excitement on the ground and standing. Also in the trash talk and name value department which trump all in fight promotion.

Really hope Hendricks puts on a another good performance against Ellenberger and gets his shot late 2013

Other than a few outspoken Diaz fans, I don't think anyone would have complained about a Hendricks/ GSP matchup.  Johny has won 5 in a row, beat 3 top 7 fighters in a row, and the UFC announced Hendricks vs Kampmann as a #1 contender fight, so everyone was expecting it.  GSP chose the easier fight and the UFC obliged.  Not that I blame him, as an easier and less dangerous fight for more money is probably the decision I'd make too.

He chose the bigger money fight. Diaz is much more of a threat both standing and on the ground then Hendricks, GSP has already eaten up every wrestler he's ever faced.

It really is simple though regardless of what you think of the stylistic matchups. It came down to money, not rankings.

Every fighter in history will choose the bigger money fight over some rankings