GSP the GOAT

UGCTT_LnPninja - 
Daverr - 
and you keep saying 76 reach,

but trust me, you aint fooling me..

gsp has been listed many times at 72, and 74 inch reach so......

keep telling yourself that.

thats not proven what so eva

Can you please source some thing listing GSP at 72 or 74....thanks

To be fair...

Who knows what it really is... 76" seems to be the most common measurement that GSP is listed with.

Many of the Tale of the Tapes from way back then were off. Shit Anderson was 5'11" against Leben :)

Since the sport has blown up over the past 5 years things seem to have become much more accurate. I haven't seen anything but 76" used in articles, reports, statistics etc for the past 2-3 years. Same with Anderson at 6'2" and 77.5"...

For some reason I am not shocked you have those links/photos stored :p

UGCTT_LnPninja - For some reason I am not shocked you have those links/photos stored :p

Hey now, I play it without bias.

Ansari - 
UGCTT_LnPninja - For some reason I am not shocked you have those links/photos stored :p

I wasn't trying to imply there was bias at all. I just know you're a huge GSP fan. That's all. :)

I wouldn't deny that I have Anderson photos and links in a folder. lol

UGCTT_LnPninja - 
Ansari - 

I wasn't trying to imply there was bias at all. I just know you're a huge GSP fan. That's all. :)

I wouldn't deny that I have Anderson photos and links in a folder. lol

I could generate those screen caps for countless UFC fights in a matter of seconds. I ain't storin' nothin'!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

^^^^ Lmao. Uhhh huh...

file name: http://www.chrisansari.com/misc/ug/gsp74reach.jpg

You aint foolin no one son :) Cool portfolio though!!!

UGCTT_LnPninja - 

^^^^ Lmao. Uhhh huh...

file name: http://www.chrisansari.com/misc/ug/gsp74reach.jpg

You aint foolin no one son :) Cool portfolio though!!!

I thought you were trolling me at first, now I'm not sure. If so, you win.

gsp74reach.jpg 11-Oct-2012 21:06 43K

gsp78reach.jpg 11-Oct-2012 21:06 43K

<davechappelle>Note the time!</davechappelle>

Oh wow, I just got pwned! :)

You really did do that fast. Does this mean that you already had it memorized that in the Sherk fight they listed him at 74 and the Hughes at 78? I wasn't trolling btw. You did that shit FAST!

EDIT: Where did you source those screencaps so fast if you don't mind me asking?

UGCTT_LnPninja - 

You really did do that fast. Does this mean that you already had it memorized that in the Sherk fight they listed him at 74 and the Hughes at 78?

That was probably the longest part of the process, skimming through a few events to find the tales of the tape. Even then, it only took a couple of minutes. I'm a graphic designer by day, it ain't no thang.

D241 - 
NastyNate420 - I hate to play a game of what if, but, having said that, obviously I am. What if GSP had beaten Matt Hughes the first time they had fought? Even if he still lost the first Serra fight he would still be a two-time (three-time if you include the interim belt) champion, but a 12 time defending UFC welterweight champ, surpassing Silva’s record. Even though that didn't actually happen, you have to take into account that he has been at the top of the division since ’04, fought tougher comp than AS since then, is 16-2 in the UFC and 9-2 in UFC title fights. AS is the GOAT as of now, GSP could easily have had that throne if he dispatched Hughes in their first fight, which obviously he didn't, but he’s only 31, the same age 37 year old Silva was when he first entered the octagon. If GSP stays uninjured and fights for at least five more years he could easily surpass Silva’s legacy, I just wonder if that first loss to Hughes will sway in Silva’s favor or not. I also wonder, if he doesn't surpass Silva, will that first Hughes fight linger in his head and keep him up at night, saying, “what if?”

So many people forget just how great GSP's been in his mma/ufc career.  I voted you up yesterday Op because you really bring out perspective that hasn't been shown or spoken of in a long time. Good stuff man.

And to answer your question, it'd certainly be easier to argue his GOAT status had he not lost than if he did, but I have a hard time putting a 170lber with no mw fights above guys like Fedor and Anderson. I tell you this though, if GSP wins his next 4 fights, and has at least 2 finishes, he's right back up there in talks of the GOAT. As long as those 4 include Condit/Diaz/Kampmann/Hendricks.

Thank you, I was trying to bring up this topic again, but it's been so overdone I was needed to put a new spin on it.