GSP the GOAT

UKTT`s official bottom wiper - 

"GloveGate responded about the crickets and you were right behind him to give me shit."

you're mistaken.  page 6 you posted crickets pic.  i posted at bottom of page 7 completely unrelated to the pic and again on page 8 where i questioned your logic on a statement.  

and again, you don't have to discredit anyone to talk about andy being goat.   i'm going to move on now because this is going nowhere.  

My apologies for the confusion.

A rebuttal to someone discrediting Anderson by pointing out that the same logic applies to others (like fighting "contenders" that were not worthy) is not discrediting the fighter themselves, rather the logic of the poster who is trying to shit on Anderson's opponents. Move on if you like good sir. I apologize for offending you and again for the confusion on the crickets picture. ;)

UKTTs official bottom wiper&nbsp;-&nbsp;<blockquote>UGCTT_LnPninja&nbsp;-&nbsp;<blockquote>UKTTs official bottom wiper - 
UGCTT_LnPninja - 

That's Condit dehydrated off the scale too BTW.

he is massive!  should be a mw IMO.  or andy should be a WW, cuz he's a TINY MW!  one of the two.  

Yeah, go ahead and take the absurd extreme of both sides....lmao

My point stands and is accurate:

Condit and Andy have the same frame and are only 10-15ish pounds apart in the cage.

i think your point is that condit is the same height.  nobody is going to believe condit and andy have the same frame.  that's ridiculous.  

No, I meant frame. Bone structure gives them both 6'2" in height and ALSO a 77" wingspan. They are both slender in physique, Anderson has slightly more muscle but not a huge difference (as you can see in the picture).

They have a very very similar frame.

if he was 15 pounds heavier condit would be the same size as andy.. from LNP

if , if , if

hes not, andy is way bigger than condit

there is no accurate scenario to prove who is the goat.
p4p i put aldo over both these guys.

Have you seen Anderson next to bj penn??

looks like they are 3 weightclasses apart,

when to gsp, penn isnt that much smaller really.

The size diff from anderson to gsp is very big,

and any1 who cant see it has no clue

Daverr - 
if he was 15 pounds heavier condit would be the same size as andy.. from LNP

if , if , if

hes not, andy is way bigger than condit

Yeah, if you consider 10-15 pounds on the SAME frame "way bigger"....I don't.

Daverr - 

Yep, Penn is short and Anderson is tall. ZOMG!!!!!

Penn gave up EVERY aspect of size to GSP, including a BIGGER gap in weight than if Andy and GSP fought.

GSP has no issues with size when he is the clearly larger fighter.

Love the subtle trolling with the #3 and #4 on earth ;)

Rogans head lines up with Anderson's nose btw...they are both listed at 6'2" in every site I can find.

UGCTT_LnPninja - 
Daverr - 

Penn gave up EVERY aspect of size to GSP, including a BIGGER gap in weight than if Andy and GSP fought.

what???

bj penn is 5 9.. gsp is 5 10

anderson is 6 2 son....

bj and gsp are much closer in size,

Bj isnt a natural small dude, hes pretty thick.

Yep. Not shocking at all.

Hey, heres a thought LNP

You know who your boy anderson considers the best fighter ever?????

BJ PENN!!!!

Do you know who has not 1 but 2 wins vs BJ?

Mr Georges st. pierre my friend.

think about that

or are you calling your biy anderson a liar?

Daverr - 
UGCTT_LnPninja - 
Daverr - 

what???

bj penn is 5 9.. gsp is 5 10

anderson is 6 2 son....

bj and gsp are much closer in size,

Bj isnt a natural small dude, hes pretty thick.

Yes because height is the only measure of size...

In the cage there was a 13 pound gap in weight between them in the rematch. That's likely double the weight difference between Andy and GSP if they did catchweight or 170.

Penn's reach is 70" vs GSP at 76" vs Andy at 77.5"

So the weight gap is CLEARLY larger, and the reach gap is FOUR TIMES as much.

Daverr - 
Hey, heres a thought LNP

You know who your boy anderson considers the best fighter ever?????

BJ PENN!!!!

Do you know who has not 1 but 2 wins vs BJ?

Mr Georges st. pierre my friend.

think about that

or are you calling your biy anderson a liar?

More recently Andy has also said that Aldo is the P4P king and would kill Andy if he were the same size.

BJ Penn is actually my favorite fighter of all time personally. FYI

Much like Anderson he does not mind if his opponents are larger than he is. ;)

height most def does play a factor,

this is the reson you dont see 5 9 or 5 10 mw's out there... that are successfull anyways

the fact anderson looks similar in size to forrest at 205(who goes about 240) and the fact that he absolutly makes bj look like a featherweight (when gsp is only 1 inch taller and they are very comparable anyway)

just shows you the size is a big difference.

Anderson is 6 2, and yea hes slenderish, but he light at all...

so just like your boy anderson you like to change your thoughts and facts???

bottom line, anderson said many times bj is best

Daverr - 
so just like your boy anderson you like to change your thoughts and facts???

bottom line, anderson said many times bj is best

Yes but most recently he said Aldo. Who the fuck cares anyhow?

He is talking P4P so the fact that a 15 pound heavier and 6" longer GSP beat Penn is irrelevant. He could still feel BJ is P4P better than GSP. Many did at that time.

and you keep saying 76 reach,

but trust me, you aint fooling me..

gsp has been listed many times at 72, and 74 inch reach so......

keep telling yourself that.

thats not proven what so eva

kevsh - Throw in stats and comparisons all we want, but as a big GSP fan I'd say Anderson Silva is just scary how superior he's been to (almost) everyone he's faced.

I agree GSP has faced tougher competition, sort of (he hasn't moved up like AS has) and he's been just as dominant. But I don't believe those apple/oranges comparisons are valid.

For my .02 Silva simply has an aura about him, that he can do almost anything at any moment, against anyone.

This is true, Andy when Andy goes to fight someone most of the time I'm thinking, "Andy is going to smash this guy, there's no way he could lose," but when GSP fights I'm always thinking, "this guy could definitely beat GSP, I could see it happening." Andy has that aura of invincibility that Jones is beginning to show.

Daverr - 
and you keep saying 76 reach,

but trust me, you aint fooling me..

gsp has been listed many times at 72, and 74 inch reach so......

keep telling yourself that.

thats not proven what so eva

Can you please source some thing listing GSP at 72 or 74....thanks

NastyNate420 - I hate to play a game of what if, but, having said that, obviously I am. What if GSP had beaten Matt Hughes the first time they had fought? Even if he still lost the first Serra fight he would still be a two-time (three-time if you include the interim belt) champion, but a 12 time defending UFC welterweight champ, surpassing Silva’s record. Even though that didn't actually happen, you have to take into account that he has been at the top of the division since ’04, fought tougher comp than AS since then, is 16-2 in the UFC and 9-2 in UFC title fights. AS is the GOAT as of now, GSP could easily have had that throne if he dispatched Hughes in their first fight, which obviously he didn't, but he’s only 31, the same age 37 year old Silva was when he first entered the octagon. If GSP stays uninjured and fights for at least five more years he could easily surpass Silva’s legacy, I just wonder if that first loss to Hughes will sway in Silva’s favor or not. I also wonder, if he doesn't surpass Silva, will that first Hughes fight linger in his head and keep him up at night, saying, “what if?”

So many people forget just how great GSP's been in his mma/ufc career.  I voted you up yesterday Op because you really bring out perspective that hasn't been shown or spoken of in a long time. Good stuff man.

And to answer your question, it'd certainly be easier to argue his GOAT status had he not lost than if he did, but I have a hard time putting a 170lber with no mw fights above guys like Fedor and Anderson. I tell you this though, if GSP wins his next 4 fights, and has at least 2 finishes, he's right back up there in talks of the GOAT. As long as those 4 include Condit/Diaz/Kampmann/Hendricks.