GSP the GOAT

Sean McCorkle - I've stood next to both of them, the size difference between GSP and Anderson isn't even close

Seemed relevant to the thread...

UKTT`s official bottom wiper, what is GSP's "legitimate reason for not moving up yet and fighting Andy."? TY Sir

I don't feel I need to defend Anderson at all. He has been 100% consistent in how he feels about the LHW belt, and 100% consistent with how he feels about fighting Jon Jones. When Dana had his little crybaby fit Anderson simply said I will do what my boss says and stay at MW. Now that BLAF has stopped his drippyness, he is back to taking 205 fights when the UFC needs him to step up.

Only one of them pulled a 180* on a Goal in their MMA career. ;)

Do you think GSP would take a 3 week notice fight in Canada at 185 against a mid-tier guy to help Zuffa? Fuck no. Greg Jackson would call him and talk him out of it even IF GSP would consider it...lol

You guys are coming at me like I should be making jokes about Anderson for some reason. It's pretty funny to watch you both try and jump all over me for simply pointing out GSP backpedalled on his Goal. It wasn't even meant to be 100% a joke.

maybe not GOAT but definitely in the discussion.

Lazer MMA - 
UKTT`s official bottom wiper, what is GSP's "legitimate reason for not moving up yet and fighting Andy."? TY Sir

He needs 1241354 years to add lean mass and bulk up to 210 to cut back to 185.

He needs to check with his sponsors.

He needs to ask his coaches and managers.

He needs to defend his belt 3423 more times so he can be above Hughes as the GOAT at WW (even though he is already there).

There are a lot of contenders to his belt again.

It's very risky.

He is focused on (insert WW contender here) and doesn't want to talk about it.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. He doesn't want it anymore for whatever reason only he knows. This is why I have always asked for them to just do a CATCH weight of 178. It eliminates all the concerns above other than 'it is very risky'. No need to bulk. No need to vacate his WW strap. They can both go back to defending their belts. Anderson will be even lighter in the cage than his current 198ish, making the weight almost even between them.

Well that last point seems moot LnP. Why fight who he has at LHW and not fight the best at any point? Why go after a smaller guy (by size I mean) that does not want any (IMO, and never has - even to the extent of AGAIN talking about taking his belt at 170) and not just fight bigger guys?

IMO he can accomplish more Vs Mir (who he said he wanted in the past)or another HW of what he seems to have in mind (furthering his legend) than VS GSP under these circumstances no?

BTW he again starting saying HW is possible too (in terms of fight at HW).

Edit: In response to your post above your last one.

^^^ I would think that Anderson and Co. have been pushing the GSP fight for two reasons:

1. It would be the biggest fight in UFC history making more money than any fight ever.

2. GSP has been regarded as the P4P king or runner up to Andy for 3-4 years now.

As much as I bet Andy would LOVE to avenge his mentor Nog, Frank Mir would have 50 pounds on him and there would be a much bigger risk there than any fight at 205, 185 or even GSP. There is no question that Anderson wants to retire undefeated ( so risk vs reward has to be a factor as well).

Ok TY LnP. I could not figure it out because they are both the same weight in the cage almost (GSP at WW 192-194 & AS a few LBS more in the cage fighting at MW).

Lazer MMA - 
Ok TY LnP. I could not figure it out because they are both the same weight in the cage almost (GSP at WW 192-194 & AS a few LBS more in the cage fighting at MW).

Thi si my point as well.

Condit is almost the same exact dimensions as far as height and reach compared to Anderson. (both 6'2" with 77" reach/wingspan) If he were 10-15 pounds heavier he woudl be EXACTLY the same as Anderson in the cage....

Hum LNP, we missed out on so many great fights, I think the point he never got (or you his fans too) is it would not have hurt him to have called out the best even if he lost a few and won a few! You'd have to respect that shit from a guy that fought at 168 (Fighting a HW, Page, Shogun etcetera).

At this point you may be correct. Forget about catch weight though. Go to 170 or leave him alone IMO, I do feel bad for GSP. Besides that fight for the WW belt is huge and means even more (including $$). AS was talking 170 again BTW.

A fight though VS a good HW would be bigger (maybe not as much $$, but as far as his legend goes only because IMO GSP has avoided this so long). Ultimately normally one does more to prove greatness by moving up. It is what it is LnP and you know that.

^^^^^

I don't spend all my time defending Andy. In fact I have spent more time on the UG raising awareness and support for #franksfight than anything else on here for the past month or so. I defend him where I see fit, adn your comment is ironic as you do just as much defending of GSP when he is the hot topic. Lately GSP has grown stale as a topic, and he has been hurt. Where Andy and or Jones have been all the talk around here lately.

GSP sure is allowed to change his mind. He can do whatever the fuck he wants. Just like I can be critical of him for it as a fan. I am not butthurt about it, rather disappointed as I have wanted to see GSP vs Andy for 4 years now. Back when I enjoyed GSP's fights and was a fan of both it was something that gave me an MMA boner. So yeah, it's frustrating that he changed his mind.

I will not agree with you on the GSP taking a short notice fight against a MW. Zuffa would allow it for sure as Zuffa now realizes that Jones and Anderson are the biggest stars and GSP is fading. You can point to PPV buys but there is MUCH more to being a "draw" when you are speaking on an international level. Most of the world doesn't have to buy the PPV. Europe and South America (two of the fastest growing markets for Zuffa) are getting all the cards as part of their cable packages iirc.

People shit all over Andy on this board every day. More than GSP no doubt. The only one being a 'little bitch'  so far in this thread is you sir. I didn't get all defensive and cry babyish about Andy in his thread, you got butthurt about GSP though ;). 

UKTT`s official bottom wiper - 
UGCTT_LnPninja - 
Lazer MMA - 

Thi si my point as well.

Condit is almost the same exact dimensions as far as height and reach compared to Anderson. (both 6'2" with 77" reach/wingspan) If he were 10-15 pounds heavier he woudl be EXACTLY the same as Anderson in the cage....

yes, if condit and andy stood next to eachother everyone would say "wow they are the same exact size!  they must fight in the same weight class!" 

If they were fully clothed, people who don't know them would think they were pretty much the same size.

If in just shorts, like I said, there would be a 10-15 pound difference if they were both in shape and ready to fight.

6'2" 77" reach, next to Rogan:

6'2" 77" reach, next to Rogan:

Gosh they look like they are at least 4 weight classes apart!!!!!

That's Condit dehydrated off the scale too BTW.

UGCTT_LnPninja - 
Lazer MMA - 

Thi si my point as well.

yes, if condit and andy stood next to eachother everyone would say "wow they are the same exact size!  they must fight in the same weight class!" 

Clearly there is an obvious point you make but at the end of the day the sport only recognises IBS only. It is what it is. I'm no proponent of weight cutting in general. It seems illogical to even allow it when you consider 'weight' is the only damn thing being measured. Weigh ins would be at 6PM the day of the fight if I had my way. Fight at your weight, it is what it is.

Our sport was built on men that DNGAF about is crap. They fought much bigger guys and at least one guy still does all the time (almost) when he fights. Looking at what GSP has said I can not concur with his reasoning on avoiding AS (the weight thing holds no water, they both normally fight at 192-197).

GSP is the greatest ever Phone Post

What makes you think GSP wouldn't take the fight?  he's a huge company man.  

duh i'd point to ppv buys... UFC thrives on the ppv model. ?????????

no you're right, you don't defend Andy on a ridiculous level.  i imagined that, totally.  

i'm not sure how i'm being a little bitch or being butthurt.  to this point i've defend both andy and GSP, and fully stated my belief that Andy is GOAT.  

I've never seen anyone spend so much effort crapping on great fighters to make another great fighter look better.  

I hope you are joking with that last line. You couldn't honestly say that my occassional jab at GSP is the most effort you have ever seen someone exert crapping on a great fighter....that is clearly a lie.

You got butthurt that I posted the cricket picture. That's obvious. You have also threatened to put me on ignore if I mention GSP backing down from MW....lol

UGCTT_LnPninja - 

That's Condit dehydrated off the scale too BTW.

he is massive!  should be a mw IMO.  or andy should be a WW, cuz he's a TINY MW!  one of the two.  

Yeah, go ahead and take the absurd extreme of both sides....lmao

My point stands and is accurate:

Condit and Andy have the same frame and are only 10-15ish pounds apart in the cage.

Just dropping this here:

"Ariel Helwani‏@arielhelwani

Anderson explains that he won't go all the way down to 170 to fight GSP. Catch weight. He says he currently weighs 196-197 lbs."

WOW!!!! WHAT A MASSIVE 185er Anderson is. He clearly should be fighting at LHW...what a sissy!!!!

EDIT: Apparently Ariel apologized. He misheard Silva saying "96-97" as 196-7lbs. It was Kilos which puts him at 212lbs.

GloveGate responded about the crickets and you were right behind him to give me shit.

Anderson is the GOAT right now, but Jones or GSP have potential to surpass him.

The only time I talk about Jones' size is more of a P4P discussion, not GOAT. I do say I would find it harder to put him as the GOAT if he stays down at 205 for his whole career, but he is not even CLOSE to getting in front of Anderson/GSP/Fedor for GOAT right now so it won't matter for a while anyhow.

You're funny about the GSP never moving up thing. That is NEVER my reason to not put him over Anderson in GOAT or P4P talks. His lack of finishing and safety first approach the last few years is my rationale for that ;)

When posters try and shit on Anderson's "level of competition" by throwing up the names Irvin/Forrest/Bonnar and comparing them to GSP's opponents I will always point out what an idiotic comparison that is given that GSP has never fought ANY MWs whether they are mid-tier or not.

UGCTT_LnPninja - 

Just dropping this here:

"Ariel Helwani‏@arielhelwani

Anderson explains that he won't go all the way down to 170 to fight GSP. Catch weight. He says he currently weighs 196-197 lbs."

WOW!!!! WHAT A MASSIVE 185er Anderson is. He clearly should be fighting at LHW...what a sissy!!!!

if he's so small, he should go to 170 to fight GSP.  if GSP cuts from 194 as you claim anytime size is brought up, then andy should have no problem at all making it himself.  

I don't think it is a weight issue at this point. I think it is more that Anderson wants to remain the MW champion and just have a SuperFight. GSP has used the same rationale for not wanting to move up to MW. So for BOTH of them a catch weight seems to make the most sense.

Anderson is clearly ready and able to get down to a catch. GSP is clearly large enough already to be fine just cutting less weight than normal. let's see what happens in the Condit fight :)