GSP the GOAT

Daverr - 
if anderson could make 168 in his late 20's..

maybe he should go to 170 if he wants gsp so bad,

thats the fairest way anyway.

gsp barely 5 10

anderson 6 2.. and this walk around weight of anderson i dont believe. I think hes more like 215

he hasnt looked small at all in his lhw fights,

and thats 1 vs a huge forrest griffin

would gsp look normal next to forrest?

hmm

Dude that's the only way it CAN happen. I told you bro, GSP wants none period. The man is about 192 in the cage. There is a few LBS difference in the cage when AS fights at 85 period.

Yes AS is the bigger man, so what! Look what Hendo(and others)has done. Now we're talking about bigger men with mad weight differences. It's a damn cop out especially if LnP is correct and GSP said "It is a career goal of mine to move up and be the MW champion".

I'm the first one to point out AS's issues in the GOAT argument and I cover the topic with much more data than in this thread but if you look at AS VS GSP it's AS by damn default IMO because of the above. There is nothing to talk about.

Daverr -
heres how i imagine dana and silva talking about a opponent...

Dana- Hey anderson, we got a great fight lined up for you in brazil, how about defending your title vs the great up and comer chris weidman???

AS- Hmm, that tough guy with great wrestling and ground skills? no thanks

Dana- How about rashad at 205?

AS- hmm, i dunno, hes a good wrestler and boxer right? ill pass.

Dana- Nick diaz?

AS- No thanks, that dude scraps

Dana- How about stephen bonnar?

AS- Hell yea, that slow guy whos almost retired.. hell yea, cant lose this one..

close?

He asked for Rashad. Rashad is the one who turned him down. Phone Post

Lazer MMA -
Daverr - 

gsp barely 5 10

anderson 6 2.. and this walk around weight of anderson i dont believe. I think hes more like 215

hmm

Dude that's the only way it CAN happen. I told you bro, GSP wants none period. The man is about 192 in the cage. There is a few LBS difference in the cage when AS fights at 85 period.

Yes AS is the bigger man, so what! Look what Hendo(and others)has done. Now we're talking about bigger men with mad weight differences. It's a damn cop out especially if LnP is correct and GSP said "It is a career goal of mine to move up and be the MW champion".

I'm the first one to point out AS's issues in the GOAT argument and I cover the topic with much more data than in this thread but if you look at AS VS GSP it's AS by damn default IMO because of the above. There is nothing to talk about.

The funny thing about Silva being too big is GSP has fought someone who weighs just as much or more than Silva come fight night and his next fight is against someone just as tall. Phone Post

the funny thing about anderson is he could easily fight for the 205 title but wont....

he will just fight average at best

weak

and again..

gsp is 5 10.

name me 6 MW's that are 5 10 or less,

thats are relevent

who care what his reasons are...

anderson has reasons, gsp has reasons

But facts are the facts.. gsp is a WW

Anderson is inbetween lhw and mw, and has had no great contenders to fight, so he has more reason to go for the lhw itle

gsp has loads of contenders cause hes in a good division,

and hes coming off a 1 year layoff dude

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Lazer MMA -
Daverr - 

gsp barely 5 10

hmm

The funny thing about Silva being too big is GSP has fought someone who weighs just as much or more than Silva come fight night and his next fight is against someone just as tall. Phone Post

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2073318&forum=1&page=1&pc=48

Right there man AS is talking about fighting GSP at 170 right at the end of the tape. He has said this before, he intends to chase him down IMO.

JohnnyChingas - There is a great argument for this, he has faced the better talent at 170 than any of the others guys whose names get tossed out before his.

This Phone Post

Glovegate: re; the crickets...

If Anderson Silva had stated that is was his career goal to move up and become the LHW champion, and then pulled a complete 180 you can bet your ass there would be tons of jokes made.

However he didn't. GSP did. If you fond me pointing out that gsp changed his tune, using a photo of crickets, I apologize. I did not realize you were so sensitive. Meanwhile, on the same page, someone just called Anderson a coward...where is your outrage? Lol Phone Post

regarding the AS size..

If he isnt a big mw, how come he didnt look small vs a natural 240 lb forrest griffin..

so lets put gsp up to forrest, he will look like might mouse..

thats how you determine how much bigger AS is

and plese tell me the MWs' that are 5 10 and under as well?

there arent any

Fedor = GOAT

Goderson Silva - 
Daverr -
regarding the AS size..

If he isnt a big mw, how come he didnt look small vs a natural 240 lb forrest griffin..

so lets put gsp up to forrest, he will look like might mouse..

thats how you determine how much bigger AS is

and plese tell me the MWs' that are 5 10 and under as well?

there arent any

Forest frame was a lot bigger now provide pics of Anderson at 185 being bigger than his opponent. Phone Post

all i here is excuse excuse excuse

Throw in stats and comparisons all we want, but as a big GSP fan I'd say Anderson Silva is just scary how superior he's been to (almost) everyone he's faced.

I agree GSP has faced tougher competition, sort of (he hasn't moved up like AS has) and he's been just as dominant. But I don't believe those apple/oranges comparisons are valid.

For my .02 Silva simply has an aura about him, that he can do almost anything at any moment, against anyone.

Ah the 'aura' kevsh. Be careful, lol.

Glovey. Shogun already has a fight but you can bet your ass that if he didn't surface would have tried to set it up. Especially in Brazil.

It is not comparable, again, to talk about Silva and Jones as Anderson NEVER proclaimed it a goal in life to move up and be the lhw champion. Phone Post

Surface = zuffa sorry Phone Post

Wait, so what part are you having a hard time with?

I made a post about GSP stating a few years back that one of his all time MMA goals was to move up and become the MW champion, but now he has chenged his tune/fell silent. 

Glovegate wants me to be objective and make jokes about Silva for the same thing, when Anderson has never done the same thing....has he? I don't ever recall Anderson saying his goal in MMA was to be the LHW champion. I've seen a ton of his interviews. Please source me if I am wrong and that is one of his MMA goals. 

Help me understand where you are not getting my logic.

No, Anderson's answer since well BEFORE Jones has been No to the lhw title. He never said he wanted as a goal in life and then changed his tune when Jones came on the scene.

That would be comparable.

I would applaud GSP if he made a joke of the tension when he was asked about Silva. Phone Post

Objectivity is irrelevant to my cricket comment.

GSP made those comments. Fans got pumped and argued on end about who would win while waiting for that fight....and then GSP changed his tune.

If Anderson made similar comments about Jones/lhw and then flipped, he would be getting shit. He didn't. Phone Post

Glovegate - 

It's been explained thousands of times, I'm sure, exactly why he doesn't have to fight for the belt in order to fight Jones.  Irrelevant point.

Anderson's bug eyed head shaking isn't just as bad as GSP saying he might go up and then saying that he has a lot of challenges at 170 now (which is the truth)?

Like I said, you don't value objectivity, I get it.  Message received. 

LMAO you really are struggling with this concept.

YES, there is comedic value in Anderson's obviously joking reaction you are talking about. That still means nothing in comparison.

Let's try a non-mma comparison:

Mitt Romney vs Paul Ryan on "Obama Care"/Universal Health Care....

Mitt, now that he is running, wants to appeal ObamaCare and has made comments strongly against it over the past year. However, when it came to his state of Mass. he not only supported but introduced a plan almost identical, and made numerous comments back then in support of universal health care.

Paul Ryan on the other hand has always been opposed.

So now if I made jokes about Romney's flip flop, would you cry that I should be objective and also make jokes about Ryan's flip flop? Of course not, because there was no flip flop on Ryan's part.

Get it yet?

So yes, there can be jokes made about Anderson not wanting to fight Jones, but he has ALWAYS maintained that he did not want to fight Jones, nor ever fight for the LHW title. Therefore they are not COMPARABLE jokes to GSP being a flip flopper.

Sheesh.

If you want to make jokes about Anderson's reaction, or Anderson CONSISTENTLY not wanting to fight Jones or fight for the LHW title that's fine. They are just not comparable to the GSP flip flop. GSP said he DID want to fight Anderson back then, and DID want to move up and take the MW strap from Anderson. Anderson never made those type of comments about Jones or LHW...