GSP thinks Shields will win the belt

Wow. I can't really see Jake getting past Hendricks or Condit. Probably Lombard will knock his head into the 18th row.

PUBLICnoose - 
Bad Monkey -
Deputy Porker - Ya Id put money on Condit or Hendricks any day Phone Post 3.0

You're on!

$100 I got Shields, you got Condit. 

I pick April 21, 2006.

I accept Paypal.

when that fight hapoens ill do a 50$ bet Phone Post 3.0

lol! I'll even give you 2 to 1 odds i'm so confident Shields takes Condit the first when they fight.

StocktonStickerSlap - He could if he'd ever get close to a title shot again. Phone Post 3.0
Hes on a good roll. Beat Maia who was making a great run, and beat Woodley, who has showed twice now he is the real deal Phone Post 3.0

Shields arguably deserves the shot against Hendricks more than anyone, including Lawler.

And as always, he's flying under the radar. People have mentioned Woodley as a title contender since his knockout of Koscheck... he lost to Shields just recently.

I have picked against Shields since his entry into the UFC, and I definitely don't consider myself a Shields fan, but he's earned it. I would have picked Maia 100 times out of 100 with how dominate he looked up until the Shields fight.

He knows how to win and has flown under the radar bigtime.

Boobiemiles1986 -
Armbar Aussie - George would love to come back and fight shields... Easy way to get the belt back!! Phone Post 3.0

first fight was a piece of cake ...RIGHT???

photo gsp81_zps5f565e2e.jpg
obviously you didn't watch the fight gsp was poked in that eye atleast 5 times Phone Post 3.0

MMA Lives Here - Lombard is a horrible match-up for Shields

Honestly... fucking horrible Phone Post 3.0
I agree his physical strength and judo is enough to keep jake on the feet where jake has a disadvantage over almost every ww in the ufc Phone Post 3.0

jmont -
MMA Lives Here - Lombard is a horrible match-up for Shields

Honestly... fucking horrible Phone Post 3.0
I agree his physical strength and judo is enough to keep jake on the feet where jake has a disadvantage over almost every ww in the ufc Phone Post 3.0
Wrong.Probably against Hector but definitely not against most WWs. Phone Post 3.0

DoomFarmer - I'm not sure Shields can get Lombard down and I am certain that Lombard can knock Shields out.

Having said that, Shields will manage to find a way to lay on Lombard for 3 rounds...but hopefully someone can thwart a Shields title run because that is the last thing I want to see now that the division is finally interesting again.
Shields single leg take down is world
Class...he got down hendo who i think has better TDD than lombard. Phone Post 3.0

TheRealMrBeefy - Jake may not have a fan friendly style, but he is a dominant fighter on the ground and no one wants to go there with him.

I couldn't believe he out grappled Maia the way he did.

He is gonna try to do the same thing Vs. Lombard. Phone Post 3.0
Shields almost got tapped by mayhem... saved by the bell Phone Post 3.0

Boobiemiles1986 -
Armbar Aussie - George would love to come back and fight shields... Easy way to get the belt back!! Phone Post 3.0

It would have been if he didn't get poked in the eye so he couldn't see out of it Phone Post 3.0

Not a huge fan of Jake's style all of the time ( I do love his subs when he gets them), but his performance against Maia was fucking world class. I think Jake has the skills to make a lot of the wrestlers at 170 rethink the TD.

170 is a shark tank, but I wouldn't sleep on Jake for a second. He might seem like a dark horse now, but I think any given night he's capable of bringing it.

I don't see the word "Shields" in that article anywhere.

I'd be surprised if he said that, given the only thing Shields showed up with was vicious eye pokes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GahwhgL2Srg
http://i.imgur.com/wr3OFpu.gif

He didn't say anything about Shields in the first linked interview. Phone Post 3.0

Boobiemiles1986 - 
TheRealMrBeefy - Jake may not have a fan friendly style, but he is a dominant fighter on the ground and no one wants to go there with him.

I couldn't believe he out grappled Maia the way he did.

He is gonna try to do the same thing Vs. Lombard. Phone Post 3.0

exactly... and as awkward as his striking is, it really works for him and what he want to do during the fight.   im so fucking pumped and nervous  for the Lombard fight ..... dont want either guy to lose.. 

No way, I respect Shields tremendously and I think his striking is sufficient to allow him the use of his ground game, but it works against him not for him.

People thought Fitch was boring, but I thought his striking worked for him. He had relatively good defense and a great transition game from his strikes to stifle his opponent.

I've never ever ever seen someone so godamn stiff as Shields and at the level he's been at for so long. I don't know if he just doesn't try to improve it, but his footwork and arms and everything are just soo damn wooden.

I don't want him to start KOing or warring with ppl, and he's smart enough that he doesn't throw retard-ChuteBoxe looping punches like wrestlers when they fall in love with striking -- so I guess I agree with you insofar as Shields knowing the limitations of his striking --, but even if he keeps the same grappling-centric approach, the boy needs to round his game out if he wants to cut it at the big leagues.

I want to see some textbook fundamentals. Jab like crazy to keep distance, at least know how to circle each side so you can handle ppl like Hendricks or Hendo (stylistically, not saying he couldn't handle/beat either fighter)

jmont - 
Boobiemiles1986 -

obviously you didn't watch the fight gsp was poked in that eye atleast 5 times Phone Post 3.0

Only a raging faggot or troll would bring up the GSP fight

That was one of Shields' worst showings for striking since he FUCKING BLINDED THE CHAMPION

I 100% recall GSP's or the UFC/ringside opthamologist describing GSP as having 10% or less vision after the eyepokes and his eye as completely red and bleeding, this was on BE.

Just ask a bluenamer to show the fucking gifs if you never saw em or don't rememeber the fight. He was losing and GSP was stacking up more rounds to his retarded streak, poked the shit outta GSP's eye, then he won the last two rounds lol

And that was one of GSP's worst matches for striking anyways, even before the poke. But seriously, Shield's has showed flashes of decent striking, the GSP fight was not one of them

pollice_verso - I don't see the word "Shields" in that article anywhere.

I'd be surprised if he said that, given the only thing Shields showed up with was vicious eye pokes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GahwhgL2Srg
http://i.imgur.com/wr3OFpu.gif

I speak french...

OP is a gentleman and a scholar and I'll give him a VTFU since he actually cites something at the end of the french interview no one else would probably read or notice lol

btw, for anyone curious he actually retouches on the being banned from the presser and gives a much better and detailed account of it. I'm no translator, but any other french speakers will like it.

As for Shields, he brings him up in this context:
GSP explains how he was pissed since he was 100% better a few day after Hendricks, but Dana made him sound like he was dying so he even had his mum calling him lol

He explains Hendricks did the best job positionally and kept him in close-quarters, that Condit did the most damage and hit him the hardest, and finally says Shields was the most technical fight he had...

Followed with his expectations of Shields to take the belt in some years

And OP, I apologize for calling you a raging faggot or troll, immediately before calling you a gentleman and a scholar.

I take medication and masterbate with icy hot

Boobiemiles1986 - 

i wouldnt be suprised 1 bit if Jake won the belt... hes been World class for a dam long time , and its disgusting the hate he gets

Shield's mite decision Hendricks but their is no way he beats Robbie The Maulor Lawlor robbie is to strong and Jake wont take him down or submit him and I dunno if you've seen Jake Shield's hands but dude punches like jelly yo

Shields aint gettin the title

kill joy - 

Jake Shields has balls of steel and deserves respect simply for the savages he's taken fights against:

Hendo 

Maia

GSP

Lombard

Sexyama

Kampmann

Daley

Mayhem

Lawler

Ellenberger

Okami

Condit

You cant deny that he is a great fighter, based on the simple fact that he has beat a ton of great fighter.