GSP v. Andy : Am I the only one hating this fight?

I agree with you vixen.  I don't care to see it.  I want to see Andy fight what's left at 185 and then do a superfight at 205.  I want him to fight Weidman, Bisping, and Belcher.  He's already fought and destroyed 2 guys at 205.  The superfight would mean the champ. 

If you're not crazy about this fight you're not an MMA fan. Phone Post

BrCutter -  I agree with you vixen.  I don't care to see it.  I want to see Andy fight what's left at 185 and then do a superfight at 205.  I want him to fight Weidman, Bisping, and Belcher.  He's already fought and destroyed 2 guys at 205.  The superfight would mean the champ. 

Thank you BrCutter.  I still think there's a lot of contenders at 185.  Belcher would also be a great fight.

Buck 65 - If you hate this fight you hate MMA.

Anderson and GSP are both the top dogs in MMA right now and have been for the last what....8 years? They are separated by 1 weight class but who cares? Anderson has fought guys roughly GSPs size and has lost. Size means so little against Anderson anyway since he's a striker.

Anderson vs. Jones is another superfight yes, but Jones, as great as he has been doesn't have legendary status yet like GSP does. With GSP and Anderson, you have 2 legends who are in their prime who can meet at a catch weight. You'd be fucking retarded to not want this fight.

So, I hate MMA and I am fucking retarded for not wanting a champion who has been out with an injury for almost a year to fight a guy that outweights him probably by 25 pounds? 

And be careful making genralizations like that.  No one that knows me personally or on the UG would ever question my devotion to this sport.  I never said anyone had to hate this fight, I said I personally hate it.  You have no class and I like to weed out the d-bags from the real men here, so don't bother addressing me in the future.  You are now being ignored.

Now back to talking to the guys on the UG that can actually debate without using profanity and insults...

UGCTT_LnPninja -  This will most likely be the last time in MMA history that two of the clear GOATS in this sport are both active and both so damn close in weight that they could actually fight in a FAIR catchweigh super fight. How could you NOT be excited to see this happen?

I see your point, but wouldn't this have mattered more a year ago or even prior to that?  And is everyone looking past Condit?  Just curious....

I don't want this fight. If they fight it needs to be at 170. Seems like a huge size difference but if spider can make weight it is all good.

I am not, and have never been, interested in GSP vs. Silva

If this fight never happens and both guys retire as dominant champions of their own weightclasses, I'll still be a happy MMA fan

mmavixen - 
UGCTT_LnPninja -  This will most likely be the last time in MMA history that two of the clear GOATS in this sport are both active and both so damn close in weight that they could actually fight in a FAIR catchweigh super fight. How could you NOT be excited to see this happen?

I see your point, but wouldn't this have mattered more a year ago or even prior to that?  And is everyone looking past Condit?  Just curious....

Obviously this all hinges on GSP beating Conduit :)

Yes I would think we all would have rather seen it a couple years ago when Anderson was more "prime", but GSP needed to check with his sponsors, bulk up, ask his coaches, and take his time. :)

BrCutter -  I agree with you vixen.  I don't care to see it.  I want to see Andy fight what's left at 185 and then do a superfight at 205.  I want him to fight Weidman, Bisping, and Belcher.  He's already fought and destroyed 2 guys at 205.  The superfight would mean the champ. 

He isnt going to LHW so scratch that.

Bisping is a big fight but Weidman and Belcher arent.

GSP/Silva makes sense, its great for the sport and the UFC.

Whats gonna get fans excited? Silva/Weidman or Belcher or Silva/GSP?

You are literally talking about an extra million PPV buys and about 50x the media attention and coverage between Silva/GSP and Silva/Weidman.

The Conduit has immense power and it will be unpossible (unpossible >> impossible) to defeat THE CONDUIT.

Now Condit on the other hand is not unpossible to defeat.

Go GSP.

ufc98newb -
mmavixen - 
nightkap - 
mmavixen -
card5 -  I'm on the fence with this fight... Andy vs bones would be way more exciting IMO Phone Post

I would MUCH rather see that...

^ Just hoping Silva leaves 185 so Fael has a shot. :-p Phone Post

Well, I am okay with JBJ coming to 185 but that's not possible.

well, if it's not possible, then wouldn't that mean that jbj is, in fact, too big for Anderson?

This is the point exactly. JBJ is a huge LHW who is going to move up at some point. AS moved from WW to MW and yes he can hang at LHW, but GSP and AS can both make WW and MW so that seems the most logical fight. This has always been the fight to make. Let JBJ fight JDS. Acronym anyone? Phone Post