Gsp weak at 170lbs....

If hes weakened off the cut to 170lbs but he is still a strong powerful beast(im no Gsp fan at all)

Imagine what he would be like if he done a Frankie Edgar and went to 185lb not cutting much and staying and feeling strong i think it would be a good fight vs The Spider!!

Still think Anderson would destroy him though! Phone Post

Shut up Phone Post

If hes weakened off the cut to 170lbs but he is still a strong powerful beast(im no Gsp fan at all)

Imagine what he would be like if he done a Frankie Edgar and went to 185lb not cutting much and staying and feeling strong i think it would be a good fight vs The Spider!!

Still think Anderson would destroy him though!

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - Shut up Phone Post

Lol Phone Post

Still think Anderson would destroy him though!

best thread ive ever seen in my short time with the ug Phone Post

Stupid troll ppl amaze me!

STFU, gsp is fine at ww!

Strong enough to dominate the division!

U gimp! Phone Post

WelshWarrior - Stupid troll ppl amaze me!

STFU, gsp is fine at ww!

Strong enough to dominate the division!

U gimp! Phone Post

Iv never said Gsp isnt fine at ww :s gsp himself has said the cut has been a struggle so my point is that if he is weakened off the 170 cut then i think he would be very strong at mw just like frankie stays around the 155 mark! Phone Post

There are always pros and cons to cutting a massive amount of weight like GSP does (13%).

Anytime you are cutting more than 8% or so you are putting a strain on your body that has long term negative side affects. The good news is the commissions will just let you get a permission slip for steroids later down the road if your T levels drop, so the fighters don't care. 

Given that GSP is a control type fighter, he should probably stay where he has a weight advantage. He doesn't really have 1 punch KO power either so he would likely end up just like Edgar at MW and be trying to win rounds.

iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz - If hes weakened off the cut to 170lbs but he is still a strong powerful beast(im no Gsp fan at all)

. Phone Post

UGCTT_LnPninja -  There are always pros and cons to cutting a massive amount of weight like GSP does (13%).

Anytime you are cutting more than 8% or so you are putting a strain on your body that has long term negative side affects. The good news is the commissions will just let you get a permission slip for steroids later down the road if your T levels drop, so the fighters don't care. 

Given that GSP is a control type fighter, he should probably stay where he has a weight advantage. He doesn't really have 1 punch KO power either so he would likely end up just like Edgar at MW and be trying to win rounds.

But thats all he does now anyway just wins round so it would be no different really apart from he would actually have a challenge on his hands! Phone Post

It would be much harder for him to take down and control guys 15-20 pounds heavier than he is (the top of the division like Sonnen Weidman Belfort are all 205+ in the cage)

I would rather him stay at 170, get that "RUSH" back he has been talking about for the past few years, and steamroll fools like he used to. Of course he still needs to do the 177/8 pound superfight with Anderson though. :)

UGCTT_LnPninja -  It would be much harder for him to take down and control guys 15-20 pounds heavier than he is (the top of the division like Sonnen Weidman Belfort are all 205+ in the cage)

I would rather him stay at 170, get that "RUSH" back he has been talking about for the past few years, and steamroll fools like he used to. Of course he still needs to do the 177/8 pound superfight with Anderson though. :)

Yeah but that would make Anderson even weaker having to cut even more weight i personally think if the "superfight" should happen it should be 185
Gsp has been saying for a long long time now that he has to bulk up properly to go to 185 and i think he has had more than enough time and he is getting bigger and bigger each time we see him so i dont see why he is keep putting it off! Phone Post

^^^^^ Anderson does not cut anywhere near what GSP does. He can easily make 178 and has even said he can get all the way down to 170. 

He only did 13 pounds for his last fight against Sonnen, compared to GSP's 22-23 pounds. 

177/8 makes the most sense for the fight as they both can also keep their belts and their title defense records going.