GSP's wrestling ?

ranier wolfcastle - 

chael said something like theres 5 moves u need to be a good mma wrestler (and thats why some guys in mma beat actual wrestlers), but actual wrestling has far more moves

It's mostly about the set up in MMA. There's the finishing aspect, but for the most part, the finish generally presents itself if one can get in real deep off the fake. GSP is excellent with his set ups and level change.

If it was straight amateur wrestling with amateur wrestling rules GSP would lose. GSP became great at mixing up strikes and takedowns in MMA and was able to take even the best wrestlers down at will. 

He'd know the three I's 

I'm interested to see if GSP can take down the Count. I'm leaning he wont have much success.

SinCityHustler - I'm interested to see if GSP can take down the Count. I'm leaning he wont have much success.

It would be incredibly impressive if he did. Chael struggled mightily to get a TD.

wiggum - 
SinCityHustler - 
fightsfan - Then he handled heralded wrestler FRANK TRIGG and manhandled him although Trigg claims he had a knee injury which I would believe in the way Trigg did wrestling GSP

But could he have done that in wrestling? That's what we're discussing here.

My neighbor easily beats me in thumb wrestling. I easily beat him in a freestyle bout. Sure he can beat me in a form of wrestling (thumb) but how about at the real thing? GSP was phenomenal at MMA take downs. Could he wrestle though? Could he beat the top wrestlers at wrestling?

Going about even with Hendricks in MMA wrestling and outwrestling Kos is easily the most impressive thing he ever did in MMA wrestling.

But SCH is right. Just as Cael Sanderson's ankle pick can't be seen without his hand-fighting, GSP's double can't be seen without his punches.

We haven't seen his double without punches. So we can only speculate.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/Better-Wrestler-in-MMA-then-Olympics:2557518-3

wiggum - GSP definitely has D1 level takedowns - even in pure wrestling. The ADCC video shows that.

wiggum - 
SinCityHustler - I'm interested to see if GSP can take down the Count. I'm leaning he wont have much success.

It would be incredibly impressive if he did. Chael struggled mightily to get a TD.

Yes, and Bisping is almost certain to be on his bicycle, circling away from St. Pierre's lead leg, as he delivers a ton of volume, to keep the French Canadian at bay. There may bot be many take down opportunities for St. Pierre.

I don't expect either to take much heavy damage, but certainly we can see some black eyes and bloody noses. There will be a lot of jabs thrown.

SinCityHustler - 
wiggum - 

Yes, and Bisping is almost certain to be on his bicycle, circling away from St. Pierre's lead leg, as he delivers a ton of volume, to keep the French Canadian at bay. There may bot be many take down opportunities for St. Pierre.

I don't expect either to take much heavy damage, but certainly we can see some black eyes and bloody noses. There will be a lot of jabs thrown.

I suspect this is correct.

It'll be interesting to see is GSP plays around with singles or knee taps.

RhinoHog -
Fight4Food - Gsp vs henrix first fight it was like athele versus a alpha man, gsp rocked outwrestled still somehow judges scored for gsp Phone Post 3.0

he was definitley out juiced. I was actuallu in row 19 and in no way did roidedricks win that fight.

I was on the floor, row 11, for that fight. I scored it 3-2 gsp. Had it even going into the 5th. None of my friends with me agreed. But fuck 'em! 9x defending champ and retired with the belt. No other goat has done that. Looking forward to him vs bisping.

MMAQuadfather - 
RhinoHog -
Fight4Food - Gsp vs henrix first fight it was like athele versus a alpha man, gsp rocked outwrestled still somehow judges scored for gsp Phone Post 3.0

he was definitley out juiced. I was actuallu in row 19 and in no way did roidedricks win that fight.

I was on the floor, row 11, for that fight. I scored it 3-2 gsp. Had it even going into the 5th. None of my friends with me agreed. But fuck 'em! 9x defending champ and retired with the belt. No other goat has done that. Looking forward to him vs bisping.

Buddy you were 19 rows away. The rest of us watched on TV, crystal clear, just feet away, in many cases in digital surround sound. Be it slow motion, rewind, pause, etc., take your pick, all for $65.95 and a viewing experience dwarfing the best a live viewership could deliver (particularly one 19 rows away).

Hendricks showed no signs of juice. To his credit, neither did GSP. I think neither was dirtier than the other.

SinCityHustler -
MMAQuadfather - 
RhinoHog -

Buddy you were 19 rows away. The rest of us watched on TV, crystal clear, just feet away, in many cases in digital surround sound. Be it slow motion, rewind, pause, etc., take your pick, all for $65.95 and a viewing experience dwarfing the best a live viewership could deliver (particularly one 19 rows away).

Hendricks showed no signs of juice. To his credit, neither did GSP. I think neither was dirtier than the other.
Hey buddy, just fyi, I'm not casual fan. Don't judge me by my join date. It was a close fight. Kinda like woodley/WB 1. Tje rounds johny won, were definitive. The others, I thought gsp nudged out.

Pride rules - big rigg
10 pt must - close fight, imo.

MMAQuadfather I can respect all of that. Your none casualness is noted.

SinCityHustler - MMAQuadfather I can respect all of that. Your none casualness is noted.
Haha thank you, good sir! All I ever wanted in life was to be validated about my MMA knowledge. :)

I always respect your opinions bro, quality poster.

Moist Gracie - 

Safe to say he'd be successful on the international level.