Guida continues to get

IMO Guida did get fucked for the second time in a row. Tyson did well and fought tough, but he obviously thought he lost the fight as well. Everyone had it for Guida except the judges, once again.

Sucks for Guida because he should be getting nearer the title instead of further away. The paper should show wins over both Din and Tyson which would have moved Guida up quite a few steps on the ladder.

Sorry buddy, no explanation. Judges blow ass!

"First 2mins of the 3rd round is slow with the edge to Tyson on the feet. Guida then takes control and dominates the second half of the round."

I thought Guida won, then read some comments here with a different view of round 3. I re-watched it, and now I think Griffin deserved the nod.

The first 2:15 of round 3 were on the feet and Griffin was clearly ahead there. He landed jabs, a knee to the face, an uppercut, and was very aggressive.

Finally Guida got his hands on Tyson and worked for the takedown. After the first scramble, Tyson was throwing big backfists, then Guida started to fire back.

With about 2 minutes left in the round, Guida finally got Griffin on his back with himself on top. But while Griffin was on his back, Clay had little to no control for the remainder of the fight. He kept standing back up to try and pass guard, or otherwise trying to transition as Griffin kept fighting him off. From his back, Griffin definitely landed more shots and better shots than Guida did from the top -- he was throwing hard punches, backfists, elbows, and upkicks. He briefly went for a leg. It was only in the last few seconds that Guida started to open up.

So Tyson won the standup (almost half the round), and landed more and better shots on the ground for the second half. Guida was "on top", but rarely had any kind of control for more than a second or two, and ate many good strikes. He didn't punch much himself until the closing seconds, and the ones he did throw up to that point were mostly irritant body shots. There were no real sub attempts by either in that round (Tyson had the only one that might be called a sub attempt, and even that was let go too soon to really qualify, in my opinion).

Nothing at all shady about the decision. I am surprised and pleased that the judges scored it better than I initially did.

I was floored by that decision. Hopefully, he'll keep making it on the main card. He's exciting, technical, powerful, and a cardio machine. I know his brother Jason and I have been watching him fight smaller cards for years. Biased, I am not, when I say he should have walked away with his hand raised. Poor Poor Poor!!!

Clay was dominated by Melendez.  I thought he beat Din, but it was close enough that I can't complain.  I thought he beat Griffin, and that decision deserves criticism.  Horrible fuck over.

I think Guida got robbed against Griffin.

Bring him back!

Guida won that fight without a doubt, horrible decision

IMMACULATO- how are those mondays and tuesdays treating you?

Crazy Joe

Agree with you. Guida did lose that Melendez fight, but put on a hell of a show. Guida stood with Melendez the majority of the 5 rounds even though he is a wrestler.

Guida won the fight over Din and an even worse decision here with Griffin. What does the guy have to do?

Just bring him back.

Big Griffen fan, and was even thinking all the talk about a bad decision was just people being pissy.

Fact is though Clay won. How in the hell you could have scored that second round for Griffen is beyond me.

"Fact is though Clay won. How in the hell you could have scored that second round for Griffen is beyond me."

Do we know that it was the second round they scored for Tyson?

"IMMACULATO- how are those mondays and tuesdays treating you?"

Shitty, I can barely type :) !

Fact is though Clay won. How in the hell you could have scored that second round for Griffen is beyond me.

I feel they thought it was the 1st and the 3rd.

I can't believe any long term MMA fan wouldn't give the fight to Guida. And I hate that dude. Ok, not hate, but Tyson is way cooler (rad name).

Anyway, orcus - WEAK justitications for the 3rd round being Guida. I rewatched it yesterday immediately after being on this forum, but no way does tyson's standup edge the whole round in his favour. Nup. And it's happened countless times before whoever finishes the strongest wins.

"Anyway, orcus - WEAK justitications for the 3rd round being Guida."

I had it for Griffin. All Guida had in the whole round was sort-of a takedown and kind-of positional advantages, none of which he ever held more than a few seconds. Tyson landed many strikes both standing and on the ground.

If you thought Griffin didn't deserve the third round, then why do you think he deserved the win? He almost got submitted in the second.

Orcus, having spoken to one of the judges, that was pretty much how he saw it and yes he gave the second round to Guida and the first and third to Griffen.

Pulsar, re-read his post, he is discussing giving the third to Griffen.

i say any real guida fan that knows he won that fight start a petition to ufc to overtun that dec. that is the only way this shit is gonna stop!!!! because if the fans show how disappointed they are dana white might get scarred that they may boycott ufc!!!!

Yeah, lol, bigtime mistake there.. I have corrected.

whats the mistake.???

I had it as "I cant believe any long term fan would give the fight to Guida" - now it reads "wouldn't".

Guida was definately robbed, the first two rounds were split and Guida kept things going in the third. We were all floored when they read the decision, it put a bad spin on the rest of the fights. We kept asking how they could come up with the scoring.