Guida continues to get

GUIDA, GUIDA, GUIDA, GUIDA

TTT for Gilbert Grappling

lol..."All Guida had in the whole round was sort-of a takedown and
kind-of positional advantages". Against one of the best wrestlers at
155, thats pretty good.

I know it sucks not to get the win, but this could make him better and more dangerous in the future. He will do more in the cage and train harder.

Hanging with Din is a great job.

Best of luck to Clay in the furure!

Dave

""All Guida had in the whole round was sort-of a takedown and kind-of positional advantages". Against one of the best wrestlers at 155, thats pretty good."

Don't get me wrong, it was a close round and Guida looked great the whole fight. I think he just spent too much time trying to get some ideal position in the third, while Griffin continued to actually strike regardless of position. It looked like Clay wanted to get a position that he thought he might finish from, but since that didn't happen, all we're left with is a round in which Tyson outworked him.

Entirely agree with stlnl2 that his hair flying gives excessive credence to his opponent's striking. He won, though.

i totally agree with orcus.

i didnt follow or even care for either fighter before this match.

fan of both now.

"He controlled Tyson on the ground."

That's the thing, though -- he didn't.

He was never able to settle into a position because Tyson kept fighting him off. He was never able to keep Tyson from punching and elbowing him from the bottom, and Tyson had the one sub attempt. Since he never really had control, and Tyson threw and landed more strikes and had the lone sub attempt, all you're left with for Clay in that round is "being on top (sort of)". And that's not even including the standup half of the round, which Griffin did slightly (but noticeably) better in.

You're basically saying that the standup won it for Tyson, but he got taken down more and never had Guida in trouble with those punches.

"You're basically saying that the standup won it for Tyson, but he got taken down more and never had Guida in trouble with those punches."

No -- I'm saying that in round 3, Griffin won the standup, which was almost half the round, AND he won the ground, which was the other half, by continually striking (and landing) while Guida pretty much did nothing but jockey for position. Guida was trying to get position to do something, but Griffin actually DID something without regard to what position he was in. Regardless of who was in what position, Griffin was the one striking and landing more, and had the lone submission attempt.

Did anyone else notice that GRIFFEN is the only guy who got rocked in the fight. I was AMAZED Rogan didn't start screaming when it happened.

Watch the first big exchange, when they are clinched, Griffen breaks the clinch, starts throwing bombs, and gets stopped in his tracks with a right hand and is rocked.....and he backs off.

I scored it.

R1 10-9 Griffen

R2 10-9 Guida

R3 10-9 Guida

"and had the lone submission attempt."

It's the same for me as Nog v Barnett 1. The kneebar doesn't count for a whole lot. All sorts of fighters could 'go for' a kneebar if it scored as well as you're wanting it to be... But the reality it it's a low percentage move.

I don't think striking should count unless it puts someone in danger, and as Einux points out, Tyson was the only one at all rocked.

"but Griffin actually DID something without regard to what position he was in."

Hence the 'sloppy technique' comment from Bravo, which was partly correct.. Position - then submission.

Anyway, I hate catching myself doing this, because Tyson is pretty much my fave LW.. Stupid debating.

Tough for Guida because, yes he is an exciting fighter and they will bring him back, but his record should be different.

It doesn't matter how many people think he won the fight. It is Guida that has to tell people he lost two fights. Knowing Clay, he is not the type to tell people that he got f*ucked on two decisions. It's what is on paper that counts and it's not right.

ttt

Guida won the last two rounds...no doubt. I think if the fight were in Vegas he would have one that one.