Hardy wants to reconcile with Dana / UFC

Like Burt Watson. When u r out, u stay out

It is worth noting what Dana did by removing a judge years ago was way worse than what Dan did with Herb. So he should be understanding.

But really nobody seems to know what occured recently with Dan so it's hard to give an opinion on his firing.

Brockback Mountain - Its one thing to tweet about shit, dont get in someones face and yell shit and talk shit to their wife.

Bring back Jimmy Smith in his place. Toward the end of his run I like Jimmy more than rogaine

Jimmy’s great. Hes kind of a more serious and knowledgeable version of rogan. I’d love to see him back.

Hong Kong Phooey -

Hardy believes that situation was the catalyst for his fallout with the UFC executive.

“I mean, we discussed it, but I think [White’s] perspective is still that I got out from my seat, took my headset off, went over and I was waiting at the octagon door for Herb to come out,” he said. “Like, I still hear that come up on social media from time to time. And then this troll account was started up that’s pretending to be Herb Dean’s wife. I didn’t even know he was married. I’ve never met his wife.

“It’s just fed into this weird kind of misinformation. I mean it’s the times that we’re living, isn’t it? The generation of fake news. And that’s the problem, when Dana was asked about it at the press conference, he wasn’t clear about the information that he had. And I still very much feel like Dana feels like I approached Herb. Which I didn’t.”

It was Dean who approached the broadcast area, Hardy maintains, and initiated the conflict and then spread misinformation about what happened.

“There’s a monitor in front of me that says Dell on the back,” he said. “That’s my monitor for the fights. And if you look at the photo, it’s Herb’s arm that is over my monitor. I’m standing at my desk, ready to turn around because we’re doing separated interviews. Trinaldo’s already made his way out of the octagon. So, I’ve got to turn around and face a camera that’s behind me. But in the process of me standing up and taking my headset off to turn around and face the camera, I noticed that Herb is already on his way over to my desk from the octagon. And I know he said that he didn’t know who it was, but that’s nonsense. Because if you watch the end of the fight, you’ll see he turns and he points at me through the cage. He knew it was me that shouted it. Not in the history of the UFC has a fight ever been stopped by the commission yelling ‘stop the fight.’”

Since then, Hardy said, Dean has continued to make mistakes in the octagon. That’s put him in a familiar position with the veteran official, but one he doesn’t shy away from given what’s at stake inside the octagon.

“So, I’m the stop the fight guy,” he said. “F*ck it, I don’t care, because I’m speaking out for something that’s important. And it’s like this weird misinformation that’s happened about it, where I’m like there picking a fight for some kind of personal benefit. It’s just f*cking nonsense. Like, what a stupid thing to say. Like, I don’t really know Jai Herbert. I know him as well as I know [Francisco] Trinaldo. It doesn’t matter if the situation was reversed, it’d be the same situation.

“And it’s not about Herb, but like, generally we have mistakes made consistently in the sport. And it’s one thing if it’s a no-contest instead of a DQ. We’re talking about maybe thirty grand difference in Darren Stewart’s pocket. But the reality is, it’s a mistake. That wasn’t a no contest, it was a disqualification. Like, bullsh*t about baiting a knee to the head. So, what? It’s still an illegal shot. It’s still an illegal knee to the head. And not in any jurisdiction aside from Pride rules is that OK.

“I mean, you can see now I can speak, so I can say exactly what I like, I don’t get it. Like, he’s working the majority of the events in Las Vegas, he’s considered the gold standard of the sport, but he makes a mistake almost on a weekly basis at this point. Like, who’s gonna call him out on it? I’ll do it. I don’t care.”

Speaking out has had its own consequences, but Hardy hopes that eventually cooler heads prevail and White and the rest of the promotion understands where he’s coming from.

If he never returns, Hardy said he’ll still love the UFC and work as hard as before in breaking down fights.

“I mean, it’s just an awkward situation,” he said. “And it’s frustrating, because I find myself outside of the UFC now. But at the same time, I don’t know, the last few weeks have just felt so much lighter and freer. I mean, I can just cover combat sports now. And there was kind of a weird lag between having the call with the UFC where they decided we were going to part ways, and the news breaking. And the way it was broken was rather hurtful. And I don’t know how or why or whether it was intentional or coincidental for clickbait or whatever. But the way that it was worded just insinuated so much more than it actually was. And I had colleagues there, people that I work with, that I’m still working with now that were there, that were witness to it.

Dan "the stop the fight guy" Hardy

Herb's wife being employed by the UFC is shady as fuck, the Outlaw shining a bit of light on it can't sit well with Dana.

1 Like

Unfortunately he didn't have that much capital with the company for this shit to slide. If it were bisping or Rogan maybe but as much as I love Dan he is not much of a loss to the ufc media team

Frank Mir Cat -

Herb's wife being employed by the UFC is shady as fuck, the Outlaw shining a bit of light on it can't sit well with Dana.

And why the fuck is that shady? 

Frank Mir Cat -

Lmfao fuck off Angela Lansbury 

Wow he wants to makeup with the job that gave him wealth and fame?

Scorched. Earth. 

1 Like
ThatsHowIRoll -
Frank Mir Cat -

And why the fuck is that shady? 

Because a ref that is supposed to be independent is indirectly receiving money from the event he refs for. In conflict of interest regulations husband and wife are always treated as one unit. For example, you can't pay the wife of a legislator money if that legislator regulates you. It's the same as paying the legislator directly. 

1 Like

You *can't pay the wife. 

Wouldn’t it be funny if he does get one more ufc fight and he loses by verbal submission (“Stop the fight!!”) 

3 Likes

I bet he does. He had a sweet gig that I'm assuming came with a nice little paycheck. 

Hardy showed himself to be a potential liability, why would they keep him around when there are plenty of ex-fighters looking for the job?

3 Likes

As usual, some of the mob have him guilty just with hearsay, it’s all they need - not talking about the UFC brass but on here. Maybe the dude really did behave badly and out of place. But I just dislike people always jumping to conclusions and quick to lynch anyone.

1 Like
BringBackHeadbutts -

Hardy reminds me of a younger version of myself regarding how to deal with coorperate higher ups. 

For example I know I was right about something even in hindsight, but only in hindsight did I realize there was a time and place for me to bring up what I did, but most importantly the tone in which I brought stuff up was my error.

Hardy probably feels he was morally right, but is probably just now realizing he went about it the wrong way.

The specifics of my situation was I was working at a call center and instead of staying on hold with a customer to “warm transfer” them to the department that could help them out, I instead “cold transferred” them and my logic for that was, if we have a lot of people in the queue, instead of waiting for a few minutes not being able to say anything to the customer b/c it wasn’t my area to help them, I could instead use that holding time to take another call and speak to someone I could help with.

I spoke out of frustration and probably hinted that management wasn’t smart enough to see my logic would help the company, so I didn’t get a bonus that month but 2 months later, they changed the rules so that people dn’t have to stay on hold they can just cold transfer which was exactly what I did before the rule was in place.

I would have rather been quiet and got paid than be right and dinged.

Excellent post and exactly my feelings about this Hardy situation.

I think as a commentator Hardy crossed the line the same way Paul Daley as a fighter crossed the line vs Koscheck and was gone forever.

The UFC has a great chance of making this a cautionary tale.

1 Like

I’ve always liked Hardy, but he came off as volatile in this instance. The UFC has been known to put up with fighters who are volatile, but not employees. To rattle off on a Weekday at the office is one thing, but at a company event in view of others, when it’s their night to shine...well, he suffered the same fate anyone else would have. Still like him all the same though. 

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/dan-hardy-fears-misconception-from-dana-white-could-prevent-reconciliation-with-the-ufc/

Hardy is so over rated, don’t DM me

Rickmassmma - 
anonymousone - 

Cliffs on what he did to herb?

They’re talking about yelling “stop the fight” in the middle of a fight months ago, then getting in Herb’s face and telling him to do his job etc between fights. Dana said he talked to Dan about it after, it won’t be tolerated, anyone talking to officials or UFC employees like that will be gone.

Sounds like another incident happened, but there haven’t been many details that I’ve seen around that one. The rumor was that Hardy got into an argument with Herb’s wife, but I haven’t seen that confirmed.

Hardy said there was a disagreement with a UFC employee, and he makes it sound like it was minor, but based on him being fired, it doesn’t sound minor. Guessing he considers his run in with Herb to be minor, and nobody else does.

Was there anything more to the “rumor” about Herb’s wife than the thread on this forum that included a probably fake twitter account?

My sense was that everything about that thread was phony, including the account and the facts. Is Herb’s wife even a UFC employee?