Hardy wants to reconcile with Dana / UFC

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/dan-hardy-says-herb-dean-makes-a-mistake-almost-on-a-weekly-basis/

Dan Hardy doesn’t understand why Herb Dean is considered the gold standard of MMA referees.

Dean is often the man in charge of UFC main events, however, Hardy believes he is constantly making mistakes. The two haven’t gotten along since their Fight Island incident last summer where Hardy was seen yelling to stop the fight when Francisco Trinaldo was landing heavy punches against Jai Herbert.

After the fight, Dean then approached Dan Hardy for yelling at him to stop the fight. The incident was one the UFC wasn’t a fan of, and since then, Hardy was let go from his commentating duties with the UFC. Although Hardy knows everyone makes mistakes, he believes Dean makes more than most refs.

“So, I’m the ‘stop the fight’ guy. I don’t know if I can swear on your show, but f*ck it, I don’t care, because I’m speaking out for something that’s important,” Hardy said on Submission Radio (via BloodyElbow). “And it’s like this weird misinformation that’s happened about it, where I’m like there picking a fight for some kind of personal benefit. It’s just f*cking nonsense. Like, what a stupid thing to say.

“Like, I don’t really know Jai Herbert. I know him as well as I know Trinaldo,” Hardy said. “It doesn’t matter if the situation was reversed, it’d be the same situation. And it’s not about Herb, but like, generally we have mistakes made consistently in the sport…

“I mean, you can see now I can speak, so I can say exactly what I like, I don’t get it,” Hardy continued. “Like, he’s working the majority of the events in Las Vegas, he’s considered the gold standard of the sport, but he makes a mistake almost on a weekly basis at this point. Like, who’s gonna call him out on it? I’ll do it. I don’t care.”

As of right now, Herb Dean has not responded to these comments and it’s unlikely h

Frank Mir Cat -

Herb's wife being employed by the UFC is shady as fuck, the Outlaw shining a bit of light on it can't sit well with Dana.

Super shady 

multiculturaljoseph -
Frank Mir Cat -

Herb's wife being employed by the UFC is shady as fuck, the Outlaw shining a bit of light on it can't sit well with Dana.

Lmfao fuck off Angela Lansbury 

Okay, DeNiro from Jackie Brown...nothing odd about a ref (who has more influence on a fight than a judge), having his spouse employed by the org with the most to lose or gain based on the outcome of the fight....

Jesus he wouldn’t stop talking. It’s over mate you fucked up and lost your job. Never rated him as a commentator his voice wasn’t right and his reactions to big finishes were awful. Great analyst and seems like a good guy but I always got that arrogant vibe from him and can see him being difficult to work with. I’d love to know what he did but I guarantee he was on his high horse and was out of line. Although somehow even he’s “not sure what even happened” yes you do stop lying and apologise lol.

1 Like
gokudamus -
ThatsHowIRoll -
Frank Mir Cat -

And why the fuck is that shady? 

Because a ref that is supposed to be independent is indirectly receiving money from the event he refs for. In conflict of interest regulations husband and wife are always treated as one unit. For example, you can't pay the wife of a legislator money if that legislator regulates you. It's the same as paying the legislator directly. 

I understand conflict of interest. I just can't see how in this case it could cause herb to act in an unethical way. In my work conflicts occur and generally are ok if declared and not allowed to cause unethical behavior. My brother is allowed to subcontract to my company for example as long as I don't review his tender submission and give preferential treatment. Doesn't seem shady to me

I’m willing to place a bet... I think hardys a ghey... this is all ghey activities. Entitlement. Arrogance. Outspoken entitlement. Man love. Fighting with women. Then apologetic pussiness. Loves rolling in the gym... obsessive about half naked men. Plus.. he’s a foreigner 

3 Likes

He just doesn’t seem to realize that this job was more gift than earned and he kicked the gift horse in the mouth, twice. I guess he thinks he’s really a punk rocker lol. Just a real dipshit if were being honest because he’s not that young. 

Best fight analyst in the game what a waste

Dan's problem is he's a full blown stoner, and when he takes away the weed when he's working for the UFC he gets ratty and becomes irratable..

Well, Dana basically said he’s a bell end.

Intrested to find out what actually happens now as he was obviously in the wrong 

danybayamon23 - 

Hard to know whether he was truly out of line or not without much details to the story.

He definitely crossed a line with the whole Herb Dean stoppage incident and never seemed to own it. Made excuses time after time so not surprised with the end result.

This. Hardy says he thinks Dana has a misconception about him but I think it might be Hardy who has a blind spot about himself.

2 Likes

Looking forward to next month's expisode. "The head UFC janitor has a public spat with the Performance Institute's part-time sandwich maker".

ThatsHowIRoll - 
gokudamus -
ThatsHowIRoll -
Frank Mir Cat -

And why the fuck is that shady? 

Because a ref that is supposed to be independent is indirectly receiving money from the event he refs for. In conflict of interest regulations husband and wife are always treated as one unit. For example, you can't pay the wife of a legislator money if that legislator regulates you. It's the same as paying the legislator directly. 

I understand conflict of interest. I just can't see how in this case it could cause herb to act in an unethical way. In my work conflicts occur and generally are ok if declared and not allowed to cause unethical behavior. My brother is allowed to subcontract to my company for example as long as I don't review his tender submission and give preferential treatment. Doesn't seem shady to me

Can’t emphasize this enough: I have not seen any corroboration that his wife works for the UFC other than a almost certainly fake twitter post that was posted on this forum.

It might be true. But, no evidence has been presented.

Charliemma - 

Dan's problem is he's a full blown stoner, and when he takes away the weed when he's working for the UFC he gets ratty and becomes irratable..

like joe rogan , right ?

Hong Kong Phooey -
Charliemma - 

like joe rogan , right ?

Notice how Joe Rogan stopped doing international events?

Too much travel or too hard to get weed overseas?

Think about it...

Guy is his own worst enemy.

Steven McTowelie -
Hong Kong Phooey -
Charliemma - 

like joe rogan , right ?

Think about it...

What? You really think it’s that and not the fact he’s getting older, has a family, is filthy rich and doesn’t have the passion anymore. Or are you joking in which case the jokes on me lol. 

wiggum - 
Rickmassmma - 
anonymousone - 

Cliffs on what he did to herb?

They’re talking about yelling “stop the fight” in the middle of a fight months ago, then getting in Herb’s face and telling him to do his job etc between fights. Dana said he talked to Dan about it after, it won’t be tolerated, anyone talking to officials or UFC employees like that will be gone.

Sounds like another incident happened, but there haven’t been many details that I’ve seen around that one. The rumor was that Hardy got into an argument with Herb’s wife, but I haven’t seen that confirmed.

Hardy said there was a disagreement with a UFC employee, and he makes it sound like it was minor, but based on him being fired, it doesn’t sound minor. Guessing he considers his run in with Herb to be minor, and nobody else does.

Was there anything more to the “rumor” about Herb’s wife than the thread on this forum that included a probably fake twitter account?

My sense was that everything about that thread was phony, including the account and the facts. Is Herb’s wife even a UFC employee?

I read it a couple places, but just skimmed the articles…it’s possible they were all quoting the same fake sources.

Steven McTowelie - 
Hong Kong Phooey -
Charliemma - 

like joe rogan , right ?

Think about it...

Last I checked , Cannabis is everywhere except Mars