Has Big Nog Promoted Many Blackbelts?

So Towe was just name dropping and was not going to see Nog in a few minutes?

subed

subbed

I proudly claim this honour! Allthough I was allready a prety accomplished BB in Judo when me and Rodrigo opened a shool together in 1999 in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl, I had never done BJJ, started with him, got my blue purple and BB with Rodrigo, and my brown with Liborio...still think I suck at BJJ though!

JDS is a brown belt under Nog.

Yes, I know sapo, awsome athlete, but not, as far as I know, a Mino BB. He is alos a judo bb, has very nice boxing.

no answer on this yet kind of curious

Billyz - no answer on this yet kind of curious

I don't really think it's terribly relevant at this point. The origin of the question was a debate I was having with a buddy while we were putting together a fantasy Strikeforce welterweight tournament to run at the same time as the Heavyweight tourney. I had never heard of Sapo and my buddy was speaking highly of him, and saying he was a Nog BB.

It's buddy's misinformation if it turns out not to be the case.

Luiz Sapo comes from a region thats is the Jurasic park of mma. Guys from Rio dont even like to go up to the Amazon region to fight, because they get into a fight against someone who no one has ever heard about, ends up the guy has zillion fights, just isnt on sherdog or nothing ( Sherdog? Whats that?) and is tough as nuts! Seen video of fights falling out of the ring, the crowd opens up, the ref jumps down, and the fight keeps on going! Sapo is a truely talented athlete, and there are others out there that we, hardcore mainstream fans and profeesionals, know nothing about. but they are there, I bare witness!There are events allover the Amazon region, every weekend, it a huge place, and the population loves fighting!

AJDavis - Luiz Sapo comes from a region thats is the Jurasic park of mma. Guys from Rio dont even like to go up to the Amazon region to fight, because they get into a fight against someone who no one has ever heard about, ends up the guy has zillion fights, just isnt on sherdog or nothing ( Sherdog? Whats that?) and is tough as nuts! Seen video of fights falling out of the ring, the crowd opens up, the ref jumps down, and the fight keeps on going! Sapo is a truely talented athlete, and there are others out there that we, hardcore mainstream fans and profeesionals, know nothing about. but they are there, I bare witness!There are events allover the Amazon region, every weekend, it a huge place, and the population loves fighting!

I absolutely LOVE stories like this. Thanks for posting.

^^Fights like these happen all over the place in Asia also...about 8 months ago I thought I was showing up for training outside of Mandalay...trained for about an hour, started to notice a small crowd forming, and ended up in a lethwei match that night with inconsistent rounds (1st round was 3min, 2nd went on over 6 mins.) with a local fighter, with betting going on in the crowd... crowd made circle around us and moved with us... I Ko'ed my opponent and won 11000 kyats (about $10) :)

not to hijack thread but thought I'd share...

Towe with the hook line and sinker.

CaptainBurma - ^^Fights like these happen all over the place in Asia also...about 8 months ago I thought I was showing up for training outside of Mandalay...trained for about an hour, started to notice a small crowd forming, and ended up in a lethwei match that night with inconsistent rounds (1st round was 3min, 2nd went on over 6 mins.) with a local fighter, with betting going on in the crowd... crowd made circle around us and moved with us... I Ko'ed my opponent and won 11000 kyats (about $10) :)

not to hijack thread but thought I'd share...

LOFL!

I read this, and at first I was like, "The last time I was at the Mandalay Bay it was really nice. Nothing like this ever happened. This poor guy! The place must have turned into a total shit-hole."

hahaha at Slo ko post!!!! I have had the privelige to see a lot of thigs, be at a lot of important moments, need to get them out of my brain and in black and white. I was a Judo BB on the bank of Brazil Atletic club team in Rio, as all those fights bewteen JJ and luta livre were happening..shit, I was on the beach with my wife and y 2 littel daughters the day that Hugo and Rickson got into that fight...I had no idead who was fighting, picked up my shit and went farter down the beach do get out of the way! I managed a bank branch directly across the street from the club where Renzo fought Eugenio Tadeu, and someone turned off the lights, resulting in a meely which ended up having Vale Tudo forbidden in Rio for years! The guy That Murilo Bustamante fought in the fight at JJ x Luta livre, Marcello Mendes,shit, he was a rich kid that studyed in a boarding school for rich kids in my home town, I got into a fight with him in a soccer game cause he slapped my head as i took a ball from his feet ( I was a goaly)...I can go on and on...

AJDavis - hahaha at Slo ko post!!!! I have had the privelige to see a lot of thigs, be at a lot of important moments, need to get them out of my brain and in black and white. I was a Judo BB on the bank of Brazil Atletic club team in Rio, as all those fights bewteen JJ and luta livre were happening..shit, I was on the beach with my wife and y 2 littel daughters the day that Hugo and Rickson got into that fight...I had no idead who was fighting, picked up my shit and went farter down the beach do get out of the way! I managed a bank branch directly across the street from the club where Renzo fought Eugenio Tadeu, and someone turned off the lights, resulting in a meely which ended up having Vale Tudo forbidden in Rio for years! The guy That Murilo Bustamante fought in the fight at JJ x Luta livre, Marcello Mendes,shit, he was a rich kid that studyed in a boarding school for rich kids in my home town, I got into a fight with him in a soccer game cause he slapped my head as i took a ball from his feet ( I was a goaly)...I can go on and on...

You should post more, dude. That's good stuff.

Some of what you're talking about I have heard bits of, but never from someone claiming to have been present during the event.

Let me ask you something, do you think Jungle Fights (the promotion) was created to sort of tap into that carnal vibe you described in your post above?

Sapo is a BJJ Blk Belt under Big Nog!

slo ko - 
AJDavis - hahaha at Slo ko post!!!! I have had the privelige to see a lot of thigs, be at a lot of important moments, need to get them out of my brain and in black and white. I was a Judo BB on the bank of Brazil Atletic club team in Rio, as all those fights bewteen JJ and luta livre were happening..shit, I was on the beach with my wife and y 2 littel daughters the day that Hugo and Rickson got into that fight...I had no idead who was fighting, picked up my shit and went farter down the beach do get out of the way! I managed a bank branch directly across the street from the club where Renzo fought Eugenio Tadeu, and someone turned off the lights, resulting in a meely which ended up having Vale Tudo forbidden in Rio for years! The guy That Murilo Bustamante fought in the fight at JJ x Luta livre, Marcello Mendes,shit, he was a rich kid that studyed in a boarding school for rich kids in my home town, I got into a fight with him in a soccer game cause he slapped my head as i took a ball from his feet ( I was a goaly)...I can go on and on...

You should post more, dude. That's good stuff.

Some of what you're talking about I have heard bits of, but never from someone claiming to have been present during the event.

Let me ask you something, do you think Jungle Fights (the promotion) was created to sort of tap into that carnal vibe you described in your post above?

i agree! there can never be enough crazy brazilian stories!

does TOWE still post?

I'll post the full list in a minute

just gotta make Fedor and Igor some tea

brb

DIZZZLE - I'll post the full list in a minute

just gotta make Fedor and Igor some tea

brb

Awesome!