Has Brock reached the point where takedown = win?

Think about it. He KO'ed a BJJ black belt in Mir on the ground. He TKO'ed Couture on the ground. He submitted Carwin on the ground.

His only weakness is his stand up. So the question is, who else could stop Brock's shot? Carwin did it, once.

Yes, if Brock gets ANY opponent to the ground it's over.

I have said for a while that Cain would be the guy to beat Brock, but after the Carwin fight, I don't think Cain will be that guy.

The guy that'll beat Brock is a guy that isn't in the UFC yet. Not saying Overeem or Fedor...just someone unknown at the moment.

Fillups422 - Yes, if Brock gets ANY opponent to the ground it's over.

I have said for a while that Cain would be the guy to beat Brock, but after the Carwin fight, I don't think Cain will be that guy.

The guy that'll beat Brock is a guy that isn't in the UFC yet. Not saying Overeem or Fedor...just someone unknown at the moment.

your an idiot.

flesheatingbull - 
 your an idiot.

Brilliant insight sir, he almost had me with his candid opinion of the matter.

christ some people are so dumb

shane himself said that he couldnt even move his legs. nuthuggers wont admit it, but brock tackled and subbed somebody who could barely even move

i think his defense in general is a big weakness for him..

wufwugy - christ some people are so dumb

shane himself said that he couldnt even move his legs. nuthuggers wont admit it, but brock tackled and subbed somebody who could barely even move

More like nuthuggers (you) cant admit brock is good.

The antidote to Lesnar is someone with power in their strikes and good wrestling imo...which was Carwin. Hopefully a rematch down the track. I don't like Cains chances purely because of his size, if Lesnar takes him down I can't see Cain being able to do much.

I still think Brock needs to work on his wrestling some more. Maybe even work with Randy on some Greco takedowns. Yes, Brock has a fantastic amateur resume but there was a long period of time where he wasn't using those skills.

The bottom line is that if Brock get's you down..his chances of winning become very, very good.

I think if Brock took Fedor, Verdum, Roger Gracie, Big Nog or Josh Barnett down he'd still be in trouble.

I'm not sure yet. Hard to judge by the Carwin fight because when Brock got Shane down Shane was already spent with no gas left in the tank.

I would say, though, that if you end up with Brock on top of you the chance of a good outcome would be very small.

canuck34 - I'm not sure yet. Hard to judge by the Carwin fight because when Brock got Shane down Shane was already spent with no gas left in the tank.

I would say, though, that if you end up with Brock on top of you the chance of a good outcome would be very small.

On the money.

canuck34 - I'm not sure yet. Hard to judge by the Carwin fight because when Brock got Shane down Shane was already spent with no gas left in the tank.

Well said.

Brycer - 

Watch the fight then comment on it maybe ?

not if the ufc ever signs roger

I think he can still be swept and submitted. Werdum could do it, and there'll be even bigger, better, more well-rounded sub-guys in the years to come.

Brycer - 

Wait... what? You obviously didnt notice the thread at the top of the forum, by Shane Carwin himself, saying that his legs were completely numb and he probably shouldnt even have answered the bell for the second round because his body had locked up. So make sure you know what you're talking about before spewing your useless nonsense about the place.

I don't think it means the fight is finished.  Mir survived a full round on his back and Herring survived three full rounds.  And neither of those guys were great wrestlers who could scramble for position.  Couture got taken down and got back up and lasted the round.  Mir got taken down in the first fight and slapped on a submission.

The only guy Brock has finished in the UFC off of the first takedown is Carwin.

Roger Gracie. His standup is miles better then Brock's right now and his BJJ is off the radar.