Has Joe Rogan lost credibility after Ronda's loss?

Has UFC lead analyst Joe Rogan lost credibility with his coverage of former UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey?

Quote:
"She's not just a once in a lifetime athlete, she's a once ever," Rogan said on UFC Tonight.

I understand respecting an athlete or a fighter. However, I think that he went way too over the top and it morphed into something different. What are your thoughts on this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW0Uvu3IMv0

UFC's Joe Rogan says Ronda Rousey would beat Floyd Mayweather Jr.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79931187/

Try reading the forum before posting, fren. This is the 500th thread on this subject. Phone Post 3.0

how about when he said she would beat 50% of the male 135ers..

LOL

ive said forever she would beat 0 of them

Yes, I think he lost a lot of credibility over his Ronda hype. Even before Ronda lost it was obvious he was blowing hot air in a lot of stuff he was saying. Somewhere along the lines of announcing with Goldie he slowly became Goldie.

"Travis Lutter is the Michael Jordan of Jiu Jitsu!" --Goldie

Is this a simulation?

You can't lose what you don't have – just kidding....maybe

No, I don't think he has. Everyone was saying Ronda was going to win this fight. Ronda has always looked dominant in her fights. When Fedor lost a few fights, people were also saying he was never that great...etc. Those people are dumb, though. :-) Ronda is a great fighter and has done a lot for the sport. Royce Gracie looked like he could murder anyone in his early career, but the game caught up to him just as it did for Ronda. This doesn't make her less of a fighter and it doesn't make Joe Rogan wrong, because Ronda really is something special. We don't get a whole lot of Olympic athletes in the sport. Some, just not a lot. We say that Chuck Liddell is a legend, and he is. But if he were to fight right now, he would lose. But the dude has always been amazing and will always be a legend.

BullyKiller - No, I don't think he has. Everyone was saying Ronda was going to win this fight. Ronda has always looked dominant in her fights. When Fedor lost a few fights, people were also saying he was never that great...etc. Those people are dumb, though. :-) Ronda is a great fighter and has done a lot for the sport. Royce Gracie looked like he could murder anyone in his early career, but the game caught up to him just as it did for Ronda. This doesn't make her less of a fighter and it doesn't make Joe Rogan wrong, because Ronda really is something special. We don't get a whole lot of Olympic athletes in the sport. Some, just not a lot. We say that Chuck Liddell is a legend, and he is. But if he were to fight right now, he would lose. But the dude has always been amazing and will always be a legend.

he didn't just call her special, or better than all the other girls. He said she could beat 50% of guys. He said she was a once ever athlete.

Yes he has lost credibility.

It is one thing to get caught up in a moment within a fight with hyperbole, but going on his podcast and other media and saying the things he has said is further than he has gone before.

I know he is on zuffa's payroll, but I like to think that most of the time he seems to try to call things straight. He is either not calling it straight when he talks about Ronda, or he really actually believes what he is saying. I'm not sure which would be worse.

JOESONDO - You can't lose what you don't have – just kidding....maybe

Beat me to it

StrikingMMA - Yes, I think he lost a lot of credibility over his Ronda hype. Even before Ronda lost it was obvious he was blowing hot air in a lot of stuff he was saying. Somewhere along the lines of announcing with Goldie he slowly became Goldie.

"Travis Lutter is the Michael Jordan of Jiu Jitsu!" --Goldie

Is that a real quote about Lutter?

In a big Rogan fan, guy's a legend and will have a job for life IMO.

He wasn't alone in falling for the Honda Hype, despite what the UG dick breaths think. Phone Post 3.0

JOESONDO - You can't lose what you don't have – just kidding....maybe

LOL

No. Phone Post 3.0

I felt like he lost some credibility with that whopper. Unreal to me that he was saying she could beat men lol. Jesus i cringed everytime i heard that. Phone Post 3.0

I think MMA has lost a lot of credibility in the general public's eye. The UFC and the MMA Media that attaches to the organization almost like indentured servants have crowned many of their stars with titles and accolades that they haven't earned.

Ronda was the most excessive example although they did mimic classic Ali photographs and tried to draw comparisons with Jon Jones before distancing themselves from him. Ronda they obviously tried to build similarities towards Tyson which she has not earned in the sport or culturally.

If you think about it Ronda only had 12 pro fights to her name before this weekend with Holly. 7 of which were title level but that is nothing compared to the Boxers UFC is trying make synonymous references to their names.

How can you compare someone with 12 fights to Tyson? How can you say she is the greatest female combat athlete in history? Did they not see Cristy Martin slaughter women for over a decade?

How can you say she could beat up men when as an educated fan Rogan should have known how shallow women's MMA is for the most part. Not to mention she wont even fight the champ above her at a catch weight. But they are going to claim she can best the pound for pound best male boxer on the planet? That she can beat half of the men's division of the UFC? It is madness.

The TUF featuring 135lb women had girls with 2-3 records 1-4 records..that was the best they could come up with to complete the show.

If you looked at her situation objectively with the talent level she is competing against it really isn't much different than the start of a boxers career. Look at Floyd's first 12-15 fights and see how may people survived...one maybe 2?

You have to cut the mustard in other sports usually for the entirety of you career before they compare you to greatness retrospectively, they don't crown unproven entities. We have no idea how she even responds to adversity. Hell before this weekend we didn't even know what would happen if she fought someone as strong and athletic as herself.

I think the public backlash is somewhat from knowing they were bamboozled for PPV Buys and ratings. It may have helped UFC in the short run but I really think this hurts UFC down the road.

YES.. YES... YES... YES... YES...

- Diego Sanchez Phone Post 3.0

I've always known Joe to be a bit loose with the hyperbole.  However, after UFC 190, he took it to a level where you can't deny his credibility was not only stretched to new levels, but completely shattered.  When I heard him say Ronda had "elite striking" after the Bethe win, my jaw dropped.  After that, he went all in.  It was rough to hear.

The Sultan - I felt like he lost some credibility with that whopper. Unreal to me that he was saying she could beat men lol. Jesus i cringed everytime i heard that. Phone Post 3.0

yep even Uncle Creepy knew what was up about Ronda beating Men and Creepy wanted to talk to Joe lol i see this no different than Joe backing up MMA when "MMA vs Boxing" was going on. it's his job to shill.
here's the creepy interview @ 2:40
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnP1G9Ym-Vs

No. She actually is a once in a lifetime athlete. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks Frank.