Has Joe Rogan lost credibility after Ronda's loss?

rogan cool

but he lost his hype on this one for sure

Frank23 -
darkness66 - not at all. he's a color commentator, not a fight analyst. anyone who would bet money based on what the voice of the ufc hype machine says is a fool. Phone Post 3.0

Color commentator and lead analyst are virtually the same thing.
true, but that line gets blurred when the lead analyst is employed by the promoter. in boxing the promoter has a contract with a network and the network employs the analyst. that's why max kellerman or Larry merchant have the liberty to be uber critical over mayweather. I don't really consider Joe to be an analyst because his bias favors the interest of the promoter Phone Post 3.0

jeicex - Thanks Frank.

Lol.

BryceRSM - I think MMA has lost a lot of credibility in the general public's eye. The UFC and the MMA Media that attaches to the organization almost like indentured servants have crowned many of their stars with titles and accolades that they haven't earned.

Ronda was the most excessive example although they did mimic classic Ali photographs and tried to draw comparisons with Jon Jones before distancing themselves from him. Ronda they obviously tried to build similarities towards Tyson which she has not earned in the sport or culturally.

If you think about it Ronda only had 12 pro fights to her name before this weekend with Holly. 7 of which were title level but that is nothing compared to the Boxers UFC is trying make synonymous references to their names.

How can you compare someone with 12 fights to Tyson? How can you say she is the greatest female combat athlete in history? Did they not see Cristy Martin slaughter women for over a decade?

How can you say she could beat up men when as an educated fan Rogan should have known how shallow women's MMA is for the most part. Not to mention she wont even fight the champ above her at a catch weight. But they are going to claim she can best the pound for pound best male boxer on the planet? That she can beat half of the men's division of the UFC? It is madness.

The TUF featuring 135lb women had girls with 2-3 records 1-4 records..that was the best they could come up with to complete the show.

If you looked at her situation objectively with the talent level she is competing against it really isn't much different than the start of a boxers career. Look at Floyd's first 12-15 fights and see how may people survived...one maybe 2?

You have to cut the mustard in other sports usually for the entirety of you career before they compare you to greatness retrospectively, they don't crown unproven entities. We have no idea how she even responds to adversity. Hell before this weekend we didn't even know what would happen if she fought someone as strong and athletic as herself.

I think the public backlash is somewhat from knowing they were bamboozled for PPV Buys and ratings. It may have helped UFC in the short run but I really think this hurts UFC down the road.

Good post... Well thought out, and the last part is interesting. Curious to see what happens from here.... I'll vu when I get another one. Phone Post 3.0

U WOT M8 - Rogan has always been biased when commentating, normally talking up one fighter whilst totally ignoring the other fighters offensive. UFC needs a real play by play commentator like they have in most legit sports.

I take the hyperbole as more of a yank thing. Phone Post 3.0

The lead announce team is by far the worst thing about the UFC.  Goldie and Rogan are not professional broadcasters, and it's painfully obvious when you watch ANY other sports, particularly boxing on HBO and Showtime.   

Frank23 - 
pud12 - 
StrikingMMA - Yes, I think he lost a lot of credibility over his Ronda hype. Even before Ronda lost it was obvious he was blowing hot air in a lot of stuff he was saying. Somewhere along the lines of announcing with Goldie he slowly became Goldie.

"Travis Lutter is the Michael Jordan of Jiu Jitsu!" --Goldie

Is that a real quote about Lutter?

Mike Goldberg says it @ 1:53-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNONEybk6fw

Shiloh - Credibility with who? The dunces on the UG? Phone Post 3.0

Like you?

StrikingMMA - 
Frank23 - 
pud12 - 
StrikingMMA - Yes, I think he lost a lot of credibility over his Ronda hype. Even before Ronda lost it was obvious he was blowing hot air in a lot of stuff he was saying. Somewhere along the lines of announcing with Goldie he slowly became Goldie.

"Travis Lutter is the Michael Jordan of Jiu Jitsu!" --Goldie

Is that a real quote about Lutter?

Mike Goldberg says it @ 1:53-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNONEybk6fw

Thanks for posting this.

Rimbaud - 
U WOT M8 - Rogan has always been biased when commentating, normally talking up one fighter whilst totally ignoring the other fighters offensive. UFC needs a real play by play commentator like they have in most legit sports.

The lead announce team is by far the worst thing about the UFC.  Goldie and Rogan are not professional broadcasters, and it's painfully obvious when you watch ANY other sports, particularly boxing on HBO and Showtime.   

let me just interject that Rogan and his in depth knowledge of the game is also a big part of why the fan base is so big, because he taught them what was happening, what to watch for and how to understand.

Rogan was instrumental in the success of the UFC no matter how bad you want to hate him

fyi by 'them' i mean new, uneducated viewers. Goldie on the other hand.....

If course he does, he deems himself an mma expert, but failed to see rondas duck feet, plodding around with pathetic foot movement.

I only boxed a few years, but it was blatantly obvious her footwork, headmovement, and distributing her weight into a punch was really low level stuff.

Suprised rogan couldn't catch this stuff, although he's caught it in other fighters. I suspect his emotions got the best of him because hes on the girl power train having daughters of his own, his logical male brain took a back seat.

He wasted no time jumping off the sinking Ronda ship onto the Holly train when it all went down.

That's why he's Numero Uno.

OVER_HYPEDorUNDER_PAID -
Humphrey -
Rimbaud - 

let me just interject that Rogan and his in depth knowledge of the game is also a big part of why the fan base is so big, because he taught them what was happening, what to watch for and how to understand.

Rogan was instrumental in the success of the UFC no matter how bad you want to hate him
No he's not.
If we can listen to rogans bs from someone else and another Goldie, mma would still be the same.

You have Goldie there talking nonsense and then Joe trying to sell a clumsy female fighter as the goat.

He hasn't done anything same as Ronda.

#DNB Phone Post 3.0
Good Lord!! One of the most profoundly stupid comments I've ever read on this forum.

Thankfully I'm wise enough to realise you're a Troll. Phone Post 3.0

JoeDingo - He wasted no time jumping off the sinking Ronda ship onto the Holly train when it all went down.

That's why he's Numero Uno.

I'm not sure about this one.