Has Sensei Seagull claimed Chandler's kick as his doing yet?

This is why I like Seagal. He was a unique action hero. He did not mind dirty but effective ways of doing things. Can you imagine Stallone, Arnold or Van Damme doing the same?

If Seagal was in Bloodsport, he’d be the one throwing dust in people’s eyes.

1 Like

This is my favorite Seagal movie throw. So well executed!

1 Like

Don’t know which movie this is from, but look at that technique and speed!

2 Likes

1 Like

Best fighter in the world

I like his story about the time someone reached into his Miata :rofl:

1 Like

Or the story of how he cured the women with cancer somehow that I forget.It was something close to those lines.He cured a women of something.

1 Like

segals instructions he wants them to “point the toe, like a spear”
lyoto, anderson, and chandler did not point the toes
i dont think any mma coach would recommend pointing the toes

theyd probably have broken toes if they did it segal style

1 Like

You really think Francis didnt knowhow to throw an uppercut?

That’s actually a good question.

If you watch some of the “training” footage, Anderson has a hard time not laughing. You can clearly see a smile that he quickly wipes away.

1 Like

Clap Applause GIF by Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore

Seagul is very charismatic and confident. That’s probably the best thing he has going for him. He’s also a certifiable narcissist.

It’s almost as if Anderson knew better but still went along for the ride as if he couldn’t help himself. He was probably naturally drawn to him as many are due to his charisma/narcissism combo.

You forgot …

Machida - couture
Silva - left hook lary

Sensei impact on MMA :ninja:

Who originally set the meeting up between Seagal and Silva’s team?

The whole thing was strange in the first place.

If I have to hear my wife say, “will you please take off those stupid MMA gloves and shooting glasses…we’re eating?!” I’m going to shoot myself.

1 Like

I think it started like a publicity thing from silvas camp. And they probably realized soon that hi was a energy manipulator.

One thing is to take in consideration is that seagal is only exposed totally in the west. Many parts of the world he still has the Stallone / Arnold status . Especially 2011

God I wish him and van damme would’ve fought 25 years ago. It would have been cooler than the rumoured Rogan Vs Wesley snipes for sure

Anderson has come out and said it was all a troll job.

I’m wondering if maybe Brazil still held him in high regard at the time.?

My impression was the guys admired and were listening to him (Seagal).

Probably a natural reaction to Seagal going all, “MMA guru” on their team.

Steven was there for the clout so Anderson and the boyd decided to play along. Look how huge the whole thing became. Especially with the kicks. Master level trolling.