Helwani is out of ESPN!

Jew stereotypes aren’t funny to me.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Could definitely see him at that action network. They would pay him 500k I bet. He would be the NBA guy and MMA guy. Have a few podcasts and be into both. Good on him. I think DY3 said it, you gotta respect his troll and the relationships he gets, even if he is a complete pussy weasel

Yeah. That’s how I feel. I’m not a huge Ariel fan, personally. But, I think he does fine work. I can’t imagine him finding a better deal, but if he gets it, good for him.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why you’re bothered that Ariel is trying to get more money. It’s not like he’s ripping off a nonprofit. He’s trying to get more money from ESPN. If someone else will pay him more for his services, cool. If not, he loses out on the risk he took.

2 Likes

Maybe he can join the Dan Lebatard project. Seems the money marks jump from dazn the athletic and now it’s lebatard.

What kind of man wants to cancel someone just because they passed on a job offer? You are a sad little Karen.

5 Likes

I’m sorry bro
@RoeJogan

1 Like

what a choke artist

they’re funny to me. get out of here pussy.

2 Likes

So from ESPN to the action network. Maybe he makes more money there, maybe he doesn’t. Any other way though that is a major move backwards for his career. No idea the situation so can’t comment on who messed up. Regardless, nobody was tuning into ESPN’s MMA coverage just to watch Ariel, and Ariel got way more shine from being attached to them. For the record I am a fan of Ariel. I will definitely miss DC and Ariel together though, thought they had great chemistry.

1 Like

good - he sucks. I liked when UFC fired him

6 Likes

Pure speculation on my part but it seems like Ariel overestimated his worth to ESPN from a financial perspective. If he is actually going to the action network that’s a massive step backwards for him but he seems good with everything so…

This…he had to see that ESPN has been cutting people that have been with the network for decades…ESPN has been bleeding money and viewers for years…Ariel was not going to be the savior

1 Like

apparently people are saying this is involved.

" Soon after that day in Miami, Skipper and Le Batard announced Meadowlark, which can be hard to define for even the men who founded it. Part media company and part production company, it doesn’t plan to hire many employees. But it does want to make content, mostly about sports, by a group of Le Batard’s friends and collaborators: podcasts, documentaries, scripted shows and more. Then it wants Skipper to sell that content to the growing list of platforms competing in the new streaming economy.

Skipper ticked off the companies spending big in their quest for consumers’ attention: Netflix, he said, will soon be spending $23 billion per year on content; Apple, he said, is going to spend $6 billion; Disney will have a budget between $15 billion and $20 billion.

“There is a moment in time,” he said, “which is right now, where there is going to be more money spent on content than it’s ever been in history.”

Meadowlark’s first big sale was announced late last month: a three-year, $50 million deal with DraftKings. (The gambling company will distribute and promote itself on Le Batard’s show; Meadowlark will develop content for the gambling company.) The deal means Le Batard and Skipper, like much of sports media these days, have found they are most valuable, at least right now, if they can turn their audience into bettors"

1 Like

Ariel went from “working at espn is my dream job” to “espn isn’t paying me enough to sit at home and interview fighters a couple times a month” real quick.

I hope he got a significant raise wherever he went, otherwise it’s an enormous fuck up to walk away from opportunities like covering mma and the nba.

4 Likes

Also, Okamoto is a horrible interviewer, but he seems like a guy that’ll keep his mouth shut and do whatever ESPN/Dana wants him to do. He always asks the generic boring questions, or do something weird like ask Frankie Edgar about retiring 12 times in a twenty minute interview.

3 Likes

He is really bad.

Hoping that’s not Ariel’s replacement for his MMA show.

They need to find someone like Bisping or Cruz to pair with DC for a pod.

I would bet a large amount of $ that Ariel is getting more $ and probably more creative freedom with the content he decides to create.