Helwani is out of ESPN!

Sad day for the sport. :frowning:

Why do people on the internet think that once somebody says something that itā€™s a permanent statement? People get married to the person they love more than anyone else and want to be with forever and then half of them get divorced. He said it was a dream job but a while he changed his mind and saw that it wasnt what he thought. No big deal. The bitching from people who have never met him and going off or rumors is ridiculous. At least be honest and admit the real reason you are angry is because a guy you dont like turned down a 500k job that you wish you had. The fact that heā€™s doing things you wish you could is what has you so worked up.

Again, I think jealousy is the ugliest of all the emotions. Look at how it has some of you clowns acting on here. Smh.

1 Like

I have defended Ariel on these boards several times when others havenā€™t and am a fan for the most part. Just because I donā€™t kiss his ass over every little thing like you are right now doesnā€™t mean I donā€™t like him. Itā€™s not some big secret that Ariel likes to play the victim and has a higher opinion of himself than he probably should. I am neither mad nor jealous. Good for him if he got another job he wanted for tons of money. Iā€™m sure as hell going to call someone out though for talking out of both sides of their mouth when they do. This is a message board and we are to discuss things negative and positive, or we could just sit around and jerk everyone off and all have the same opinion if it makes you and the other white knights happy.

2 Likes

Itā€™s puzzling to me why people are upset at him for going in a different direction or if heā€™s found an opportunity to make more money. Iā€™ll miss the current show and I hope he stays at least partially covering mma. Annoying, troll, weaselā€¦however you want to describe him heā€™s still the best in his field
If DC is paired with Okamoto my first thought is itā€™d be painful to watch, Ariel is much better on the mic, in front of a camera, and asks better questions than Brett. That being said, being paired with a fighter like DC makes him way more watchable. Having breakdowns, insight and analysis from someone who knows what theyā€™re taking about is the type of content I prefer. Iā€™ll catch most of Helwaniā€™s fighter interviews but not as much as a priority for me as the DC & Helwani show. Guess weā€™ll have to wait and see what direction heā€™ll go in, and how ESPN will look to replace him. Someone mentioned another fighter with DC, that sounds way better than someone like Okamoto. Cruz, Bisping, or Felder would be great.

Ariel is good at what he does, but itā€™s not like he isnā€™t replaceable. Not that ESPN is going to give two shits about my opinion, but I would definitely prefer they pair DC with someone who wasnā€™t a former fighter. The one thing I really liked about DC and Helwani was how you had a fighter perspective, and a fan/journalist perspective to bounce off of one another. I personally donā€™t understand the hate that Okamoto gets and think he would be a solid replacement.

I donā€™t like Ariel or Luke.

5 Likes

Who
Fucking

CARES!?

Heā€™s just a fucking reporter! Why is this faggot *ALWAYS in the news? Why are we talking about a queer reporter!?

3 Likes

Kissing ass? I havent said ANYTHING about Ariel, unlike you. Lol at ā€œcalling him outā€. Youā€™re just here bitxhing and complaining about a guy who doesnt know you exist. Youā€™ve made 8 different t posts in this thread attacking him. For someone who doesnt hate or care about him you sure do like to talk about him a lot. :thinking:

3 Likes

Clicks on thread about Ariel, reads it all then says ā€œwho cares?ā€ and asks why weā€™re talking about him. Well obviously YOU care enough to click and comment. Why dont 6ou ask yourself why youā€™re talking about him. :laughing:

3 Likes

If the story didnt mention him turning down 500k them this thread would have 3 posts and be dead at the bottom of the forum. The idea of someone people dont like walking away from half a million brings out the hate in them. Theyā€™ll keep denying it, but the fact that theyā€™re participating in this discussion says it all.

1 Like

Ha! But Iā€™m not talking about him. Iā€™m talking about how everyone is talking about him. You know what Iā€™m talking about? : )

Best thing to happen to MMA reporting

Arial is terrible and so is his interviewing style

3 Likes

haters gonna hate GIF

Interesting how you ā€œhave defended Arielā€ previously. Now, there are a few of us ā€œdefendingā€ his decision in this thread. You call us white knights.

If a=b b=c, then a=c

I havenā€™t noticed anybody here ā€œkissing his assā€. We just believe that he may have found a bigger dream job. Perhaps more money.

Dreams can change guy.

Yes, heā€™s a big ass bitch at times.

Iā€™d seriously do it for 150k. I know a bit about the sport, itā€™s history, about fighters, Iā€™m a college grad, and reasonably intelligent and articulate.

1 Like

Yeah, youā€™re right. I know. I just wanted to use that joke. My bad though, nothing personal.

1 Like

No thang! I know youā€™re not being an asshole. Youā€™re good people. :+1:

best of luck to him. although, I couldnā€™t care less about mma journalism but I canā€™t hate on someone gambling on themselves and taking a chance .

1 Like

Your post here is one of the reasons why mma fighters are so underpaid. Stop being dumb

1 Like

Helwani goes from espn to unknown, thats a downgrade, he gambled and lost!