Herb botched another fight

Threw off the rhythm of the fight with his lack of commitment to addressing a foul. If you are going to pause a fight for a foul you’ve gotta stick with your decision or else don’t intervene in the first place.

8 Likes

This is either a trolling attemp or one of the dumbest comments I have seen in a while.

23 Likes

I thought that initially as well

Both fighters touch gloves to acknowledge the start prior to the KO

• that is the only reason that I backed off of feeling the exact same way that you do

Either way, that was a first for me; I have never seen a fighter wave off a foul like that and keep the same distance

That situation is going to make it into referee certification courses

7 Likes

Salt.

3 Likes

Herbs communication was terrible. There was no warning to Jamal about the foul. Alex just pushed him off and herb went, okay then. It looked like how someone refereeing a street fight

2 Likes

I don’t agree at all. Herb did the right thing. Jalin kicked Alex in the balls. That’s on him. Herb calls time because of it. Alex waved it off because he DIDN’T WANT the rhythm of the fight thrown off. He wanted to keep going and as the fighter who just got kicked in the junk, he should let him make that decision.

When a fighter fouls, THAT’S what throws the rhythm of the fight off. Alex saying “no let’s just keep going” was not only bad ass but should be his right. Herb allowing him to make that decision was the right thing to do.

28 Likes

I think it was badass that Alex shrugged it off and kept fighting but it looked mismanaged to me. Herb called time, stepped in and Alex just pushed him off. At no time did herb even look and Hill. Even though Hill was in the wrong for giving the low blow. I think Hills rhythm was disrupted. He did give a quick thumbs up to Alex to acknowledge what had happened and they touched gloves. It was an awkward exchange and happened really fast. I’m not sure what the ruling is in that situation. Maybe Big John will comment on it.

4 Likes

I guess I’m not sure what your issue with it is. You said you think Hill’s ryhthm was disrupted. But Hill was the one who fouled and if Herb would have stopped the action for longer, wouldn’t that still have disrupted the rhythm? And no matter how long the rhythm got disrupted, isn’t it Hill’s fault anyway?

13 Likes

I think he waived him away because he finally found the distance he wanted and didn’t want to start again

I thought it was great and as the guy kicked in the balls he should be able to waive it off

10 Likes

Nah, but letting Jiri almost murder Rakic in the middle of the octagon before stopping the fight about 5 CTE inducing shots too late was terrible.

Whose fault the foul was shouldn’t determine how the foul is handled. You make the call and then act accordingly

2 Likes

How do you think the foul should have been handled and how would that have been less disruptive to Hill’s rhythm?

Normally a referee issues a warning to the fighter who commits a foul. There’s usually a stop in the action. Instead he left it to the fighters to work it out. Essentially Herb let Alex do the refereeing. It was a cool scene and badass for Alex to be like IDGAF let me fight but I’m not sure it was proper refereeing to allow it to go down that way. Normally you see the ref address both the one who has been fouled and the one who committed the foul. Herb didn’t even look at Hill let alone say something like hey watch your kicks. Herb just kinda gave a look like, fuck it, im too high for this shit anyways.

4 Likes

And how would that have been less disruptive to Hill’s rhythm?

Jesus guys it’s a fucking fight, it’s not like he got poked in the eye or soccer kicked in the balls. Herb did the right thing by calling time but Alex immediately said he was ok and continued AS IT SHOULD BE IN THIS CASE. You guys casuals or what?

5 Likes

Yes that’s what Alex said, he found the distance.

Herb did the exact right thing but people think they’re being cool by shitting on Herb Dean on the internet.

3 Likes

Good point, it was handled terribly. You can’t put this on Alex or Jamal. Herb is to blame.

1 Like

8 Likes

He’s a solid ref but has only gotten worse since his ego blew up. Herb pulls rules out his ass and fuck him for the Dan Hardy thing.

1 Like