Herb Dean Retire

Edit: I have since sobered up and rewatched the footage. The stoppage wasn't as early as I had first thought - still a little early imo but nothing to warrant such harsh words. I don't agree with a lot of Herb's stoppages but I'd like to apologise. I could not do his job and I have no understanding of how difficult it would be. I was excited for the fight and was frustrated with how it ended. I stand by the opinion that he has the tendency to jump in early, but I also realise that there's fighter safety at stake. I admit I was wrong in how I expressed myself and I will resist writing anything in the future under the influence of alcohol or frustration. 

Thought the main was a little early myself. 

With Bermudezs history i was hoping he would let it go a little further. But i understand the stoppage

Lefthook33 - With Bermudezs history i was hoping he would let it go a little further. But i understand the stoppage

He seems like a good dude but his stoppages consistently leave me feeling disappointed. Mendes v Conor. Rousey v Mcmann. Faber Barao.  Are a few significant fights that come to mind 

I originally thought it was a little early, but Berrmudez took at least three heavy unanswered shots on the ground. Good stoppage, imo. Herb is human, and humans make mistakes. I still think he is one of the best in the biz.

Mantis Toboggan -

I originally thought it was a little early, but Berrmudez took at least three heavy unanswered shots on the ground. Good stoppage, imo. Herb is human, and humans make mistakes. I still think he is one of the best in the biz.

I'm a big Korean zombie fan and I was hoping he'd win the fight. Dennis wasn't done. Replaying can convince the mind of what it wants to believe. The reality is - Herb Dean jumped the gun again and we were robbed of a competitive fight. 

He was taking unanswered shots, but Herb jumped in so fast you couldn't tell if he would recover or not. It's the first round, let it go a little longer and give the guy a chance.

This has to be the stupidest post ever. Dennis wasn't even complaining, all he did was grapple with Herb's leg. A much large, pants covered leg. So you know he was not all there.

lol, Bermudez was essentially unconscious with his hands at his hips nowhwre near defending himself eating big shots.

If you think that was early there is a good chance you're retarded.

The only thing that would have happened if he let it go was Bermudez actually going unconscious.He took 3 unanswered shots and was on the way to taking many more.

I always prefer an early stoppage to a late one.

How much did you lose OP?

Uhm, when a fighters unconscious they stop the fight. You new to this or something? Bermudez was asleep.

Fucking perfect stoppage. Couldn't have been any better.

Watching live I thought it was early as well. After replaying a few times I think herb dean was on point. Good stoppage.

Shut up. Bermudez was done and taking a beating.

He could have let it go a few more shots, but you can clearly see burmudez was in no position to defend himself and the Korean zombie wasn't going anywhere. Dennis is even grabbing at herbs legs right before he popped up. Just because you recover quick after the ref pulls someone off you doesn't make it a bad stoppage. 

A lot of fighters seem to do well with recovering after the ref stops their opponent from punching their defenses face. I was watching McGregor vs Poirier yesterday and noticed how Dustin was complaining to the ref after the stoppage because he rolled to his back and was, "ready to go" what fighters and spectators need to understand is that had the ref not stopped the fight. McGregor would've landed at least another couple of hard shots to the temple which couldn't led to serious brain damage. 

In the case of the Zombie's fight, Dennis started wrestling with the ref. That leaves me with no doubt that the fight needed to be stopped. 

Herb has messed a few up for shre. But this was fine, bermudez was face down and reached for herbs ankle after the fight was stopped. He was done

They are there to protect the fighters.