Herman: Silva is ducking Weidman

superCalo -  Interviewer probably got Herman angry, people say things perhaps they did not mean when angry and Herman has a notorious short fuse.

I see what you did there Phone Post

I don't understand why Ed Herman is even mentioning Anderson silva's name

Entreri - In the same vein, assume he beats Weidman and the next #1 comes up...same scenario...endless.

If Anderson wants to move up or down, that is entirely up to him.

This.

swany - I don't understand why Ed Herman is even mentioning Anderson silva's name

This. Phone Post

weidman would beat anderson. he is chael x 10

Is this the same Ed Herman who tried talking shit on Bisping to get a shot and 5 minutes of fame....yeah, do one Phone Post

Herman is correct in terms of silva being able to pick his fights not being a positive thing for MMA.

mr1709 - weidman would beat anderson. he is chael x 10

where was this comment before the Munoz fight? Did you see his stand up against Maia?

MarcusRenatoBlackBelt - Anderson could use "52 Blocks" on Weidmann and he would still win. Anderson could win a stand-up only fight with weidmann using only his feet.

Not sure if that's true... It's probably true. Anderson is the GOAT, but Weidmen is a real threat. It wouldn't be just a stand-up fight. The better wrestler generally gets to decide if the fight is standing or not. Weidman could get Anderson down and finish him.

mr1709 - weidman would beat anderson. he is chael x 10

bet me some cash when they sign this fight.. I like easy money

if anderson wants to sit on the belt while weidman fights a number 1 contender fight, no one here will complain. just come out and say it though, cuz the superfights ain't gonna happen.

"Weidman just knocked out the #3 contender" Via which ranking system? Just genuinely curious(as the UFC does not officially have it's own transparent ranking system unfortunately ) 

Munoz was #3 on Sherdog before getting trainwrecked by Weidman IIRC.

MarcusRenatoBlackBelt - Weidman has NOTHING on the feet for Anderson Silva.

Technically neither did Chael but he did just fine standing with Andy. Weidman is a better striker than Chael, equal wrestling, and has a much better ground game. I think Weidman gives Anderson all sorts of problems.

stonepony - 
MarcusRenatoBlackBelt - Anderson could use "52 Blocks" on Weidmann and he would still win. Anderson could win a stand-up only fight with weidmann using only his feet.

Not sure if that's true... It's probably true. Anderson is the GOAT, but Weidmen is a real threat. It wouldn't be just a stand-up fight. The better wrestler generally gets to decide if the fight is standing or not. Weidman could get Anderson down and finish him.

You're right. Wrestlers ALWAYS decide where it goes. You kmow umless they're getting kneed in the chest and ktfo or triangled until they quit for fear of death or knocked down with punches then choked near to death via RNC.

The ease with which AS shrugged off Sonnen's TDA's in the second round and then how quickly he was made to look like an amateur standing... ending up sitting down against the cage, clearly defeated and seeming to be simply waiting for the inevitable finish... very much like a Lesnar fight. Yeah, I can def see where a wrestler like Weidman has Andy's number.

I'm very surprised this thread as not been more active.

lol weidman a real threat. HE beat munoz who asfar as I know no one had beating andy anyway.

Weidman is TOO DANGEROUS a fight for Anderson...Look at what Chael did to Anderson...Weidman is a much better striker than Chael...Just too dangerous a fight for Anderson at this point.

MUCH MUCH better to avoid the meaningful # contender match or TRUE GOAT status match w/ JBJ.....and instead drop weight and chase down poor little GSP who can't even strike w/ matt serra, cannot TKO or submit anyone @ 170bs...and who wants NOTHING to do w/ this fight.

Much better fight for the fans...errr....I mean Anderson.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... *

Auzzie - "poor little GSP who can't even strike w/ matt serra, cannot TKO or submit anyone @ 170bs"

GSP can outstrike a lot of top fighters. He is probably the most complete fighter in mma history.

Yep. Lets build GSP up just incase he beats Silva.

Bofbro - 
Auzzie - "poor little GSP who can't even strike w/ matt serra, cannot TKO or submit anyone @ 170bs"

GSP can outstrike a lot of top fighters. He is probably the most complete fighter in mma history.

Yep. Lets build GSP up just incase he beats Silva.

GSP doesnt need to be "built up" he absolutely dominates top level fighters. He's not as offensive as he once was but he still has looked pretty much unbeatable. It will be interesting how he looks coming off surgery against another top level opponent