hey bros

Hope all is well. We all have ups and downs. When you’re in a manic place like that, relax.... sit back and realize it’s all in your mind and try to focus on positive things that make you smile and laugh. Divert the focus from the symptoms. Hyper focusing on what’s bothering you only makes it worse. When you relax and think of other things, you’ll slow down 

I've been in a similar place before. Not bipolor, but I've had a few bouts with severe anxiety. Had to cut out the booze and recreational drugs. Ended up going to an urgent care clinic for immediate help and then to my normal doctor to get on some meds to level me out. I found that a really big helper was working out. It put me in a place mentally that let me relax.

Hang in there bro, and condolences for your friend. Keep your head up and take some of the advice that ppl post here. Not sleeping can be harmful to your mental state, i think you should fix that first (but dont take too many sleep meds)

Hey guys, I slept about 4 hours. Been talking with the wife most of the night…

It’s been going on for about 5 days now. The more tired I get the worse the symptoms seem to be. Guess I’ll try a lot of the advice given here.

I’m gonna go for outside for a bit. Some fresh air would probably help.

Thanks guys

jbbarne - Hey guys, I slept about 4 hours. Been talking with the wife most of the night...

It’s been going on for about 5 days now. The more tired I get the worse the symptoms seem to be. Guess I’ll try a lot of the advice given here.

I’m gonna go for outside for a bit. Some fresh air would probably help.

Thanks guys

Yep! There you go… the not sleeping making it worse plays hand in hand with severe anxiety. The less you sleep, the less your brain can handle the stressors that are plaguing you right now. It causes you to overthink your problems and feel doom… just get a good workout going, listen to some nice relaxing music(some jazz, country, rnb, classical, soft rock,etc), meditate a bit, and thank yourself for being tough enough to get through the hardest part of your situation. You’ve already went through the difficult part, now you’re in recovery mode… let’s get it fam! Chin up… don’t allow yourself to dwell on negative thoughts. If you feel them coming on, drop down and give me 20 push-ups…lol

At the point, 20 push ups that often would kill me.

Went for a solid jog. I was able to think about nothing, if that makes sense. Also realized how out of shape I am. I didn’t realize it had gotten so bad.

Still stuttering, and if you’ve never done it… it’s infuriating. My mouth can’t keep up with my brain.

are you unhappy with the home situation? work situation? both?

jbbarne - At the point, 20 push ups that often would kill me.

Went for a solid jog. I was able to think about nothing, if that makes sense. Also realized how out of shape I am. I didn’t realize it had gotten so bad.

Still stuttering, and if you’ve never done it… it’s infuriating. My mouth can’t keep up with my brain.

But you bettered yourself.. each time you go out for another jog you will realize improvements in both your physical and your mental. Keep at it.. the stuttering part has a lot to do with the mental part. Once your confidence and sleep get re-established, I think you’ll be alright. Even if it never comes back, who gives af if you stutter? Just take your time and don’t think about it.. thinking about it only makes you stutter more. I get anxiety myself, and when I’m having a lot of tension I stutter too.. just learn to relax and let the shit fall off your shoulders.. in the grand scheme of life all your worries truly are irrelevant. We get worked up over trivial shit.. wooosa. I know this is going to sound stupid, but when I was really stressing a few years back you know what helped me? Listening to “Don’t Worry Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin on repeat loud in my car..lol. I would sing along sometimes and that shit is like instant stress relief. Also, I liked listening to some Bob Marley. Life is about perspective.. you can change how you SEE things. You can’t change the shit that happens in life, but you can change the way you read and react to it.. good luck brotha. I don’t want to takeover your thread. Keep posting in here and keep us up to date with how you’re feeling..

This will sound stupid, but here you go: Try laughing. Start off with a fake laugh if you can't think of anything funny, and do as many different laughs as you can, and build it up until you're laughing very, very hard.

A friend of mine used to teach "laugh therapy" and I've used it quite a few times when I'm feeling stressed out. If you do it for even 20 or 30 seconds, it's amazing how your whole body will feel like it's vibrating, and then when you stop you feel incredibly relaxed. It won't fix everything that's wrong, but you might be surprised how good you feel. Worth a try?

quit drinking and get yourself on a regular sleep schedule. A lot of mental health issues can be managed with good, regular sleep. Also, look up sleep hygiene and follow the rules about light exposure, avoiding tv and other stuff in the bedroom, don't eat too late etc. Good luck.

truffleButter - 

quit drinking and get yourself on a regular sleep schedule. A lot of mental health issues can be managed with good, regular sleep. Also, look up sleep hygiene and follow the rules about light exposure, avoiding tv and other stuff in the bedroom, don't eat too late etc. Good luck.

I appreciate the advice, but some things are just out of my control.

I have always tried keeping a solid schedule. It’s helped me more with bipolar disorder than any medicine. This time has just been different.

Tug Dabone, I actually did laugh some today. It was nice. I can see how it helps people, because it helped me. ICYW, I started laughing at the Rock on SNL about the herpes thing. Silly, but it worked.

CREm… I’ll leave it at that. Sorry for your troubles man. I’m not in a position to offer advice, but read this thread. A lot here has helped me so far.

BTW, still breathing heavy. I’m trying to be positive, but it’s easier said than done. Nothing has “changed”, but I don’t feel as helpless tonight. IDKY, maybe the jog helped more than I realize.

Thanks again guys, I still have a mountain ahead of me.

Read first post by OP and thought bipolar.

My wife’s bipolar and it’s a challenge at times to say the least. Good luck OP. 

I am bi-polar T-Ham. I’ve just never had all the symptoms at once. Very overwhelming.

I hope your wife can manage better than me.

Are things better during the day than at night? Have a small glass of scotch and talk to anyone you can. Good conversation will help take your mind off of things

plenty of people here willing to talk if the wife or your buddies are asleep

YonYones - 

Are things better during the day than at night? Have a small glass of scotch and talk to anyone you can. Good conversation will help take your mind off of things

plenty of people here willing to talk if the wife or your buddies are asleep

Things seem to get worse as I tire. During the day the symptoms are there, but not the degree.

Rubber Bando - What's your paypal?

I understand when it rains it pours bros.

No paypal or GFM, just been low man. It’s like I’ve been manic and depressed at the same time.

I did go for a jog today, and laugh a bit at my stupid ass friend. Hopefully it’s an uptick, and hopefully no depression sits in after this weird manic episode.