FatBuddha -
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - 
FatBuddha - 
darkiemontana - 
FatBuddha -
shaqitup - 
Choked72 -
darkiemontana -

Don't understand why people are obsessed with MMA fighters bjj belts. Surely by now people realise that gi jiu-jitsu is completely different sport to MMA. 

Like the ju jitsu that Ortega practices?

It's an mma fight and he is a lot better than Ortega

His JIUJITSU is a lot better than Ortega??

Not one of the current male UFC championships are black belts it obviously not that important these days

Lol at your use of evidence. I think that speaks more into how relatively easy it is to enter the high ranks of MMA compared to real global competitive sports like soccer and judo.

About to change this Saturday anyways.

Like football and JUDO? LMFAO, yeah, Judo, that massive world wide sport just like football. 

Judo is practiced by more than 100 million people in more than 200 countries worldwide.

Your post makes you look like an idiot. I’d quickly delete if I were you.

It has a range of countries competing in international championships that is rare for most sports.

1 in 70 people worldwide do Judo? I don’t think so lol 

Dreville79 -
FatBuddha -
FatBuddha - 
darkiemontana - 
FatBuddha -
shaqitup - 
Choked72 -
darkiemontana -

Don't understand why people are obsessed with MMA fighters bjj belts. Surely by now people realise that gi jiu-jitsu is completely different sport to MMA. 

Not one of the current male UFC championships are black belts it obviously not that important these days

Lol at your use of evidence. I think that speaks more into how relatively easy it is to enter the high ranks of MMA compared to real global competitive sports like soccer and judo.

Like football and JUDO? LMFAO, yeah, Judo, that massive world wide sport just like football. 

Judo is practiced by more than 100 million people in more than 200 countries worldwide.

It has a range of countries competing in international championships that is rare for most sports.

haha LOL

darkiemontana -

End thread 

dinkledorf -
Dreville79 -
FatBuddha -
FatBuddha - 
darkiemontana - 
FatBuddha -
shaqitup - 
Choked72 -
darkiemontana -

haha LOL

Lol Classic retardo

darkiemontana -
FatBuddha -
shaqitup - 
Choked72 -
darkiemontana -

It’s an mma fight and he is a lot better than Ortega

They may not train gi but they train no gi bjj very day. 

Ortega by submission round 3

Just speculating here but his coach is a Pedro Sauer affiliate. In his association you have to know the Gracie self defense to get promoted (in addition to your regular BJJ stuff). A tough ass world champion mma guy probably doesn’t worry too much about old bear hug defenses. Nobody thinks Max is a blue or purple belt. Gracie Academy is also partnered with Pedro Sauer so there isn’t some crazy BJJ rivalry. 

pahulkster - 

Just speculating here but his coach is a Pedro Sauer affiliate. In his association you have to know the Gracie self defense to get promoted (in addition to your regular BJJ stuff). A tough ass world champion mma guy probably doesn’t worry too much about old bear hug defenses. Nobody thinks Max is a blue or purple belt. Gracie Academy is also partnered with Pedro Sauer so there isn’t some crazy BJJ rivalry. 

No offense to Holloway’s coach but having a Pedro Sauer affiliate as your coach, and having Rener as your coach is quite a difference.

Gracie University and the Pedro Sauer partnership is largely a business one because Sauer has so many affiliates.

FatBuddha -
pahulkster - 

No offense to Holloway’s coach but having a Pedro Sauer affiliate as your coach, and having Rener as your coach is quite a difference.

Gracie University and the Pedro Sauer partnership is largely a business one because Sauer has so many affiliates.

Rylan Lizares is a badass. Not sure what that has to do with what I was saying though. Just speculating on what could determine his rank in the gi.

pahulkster - 
FatBuddha -
pahulkster - 

Rylan Lizares is a badass. Not sure what that has to do with what I was saying though. Just speculating on what could determine his rank in the gi.

Not sure what him being a “badass” has to do with Rener being on a whole nother level than him. There’s levels to this game.

Ok

It goes without saying, but as others have said, you do not have to be a brown or black belt to hang with one in pure grappling, let alone MMA.

I believe he was awarded purple in January of 2017.

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
FatBuddha - 
darkiemontana - 
FatBuddha -
shaqitup - 
Choked72 -
darkiemontana -

Judo is the most practised martial art worldwide......

Jon Jones is only a white belt if I'm not mistaken? Bad thread is bad

FatBuddha - 
pahulkster - 
FatBuddha -
pahulkster - 

Not sure what him being a “badass” has to do with Rener being on a whole nother level than him. There’s levels to this game.

Not sure if you really know who Rylan Lizares is.

TheAlchemist - 
FatBuddha - 
pahulkster - 
FatBuddha -
pahulkster - 

Just speculating here but his coach is a Pedro Sauer affiliate. In his association you have to know the Gracie self defense to get promoted (in addition to your regular BJJ stuff). A tough ass world champion mma guy probably doesn't worry too much about old bear hug defenses. Nobody thinks Max is a blue or purple belt. Gracie Academy is also partnered with Pedro Sauer so there isn't some crazy BJJ rivalry. 

Not sure if you really know who Rylan Lizares is.

The only relevant issue is whether he’s better than Rener. If you think he is, please post evidence. I’m sure he’s a tough guy, but he was a blue belt when Rener was a black belt. In the years since Rylan was a blue and Rener was a black if somehow Rener slacked off to such a degree that Rylan surpassesd him in skill, as well as coaching and teaching ability, I’d love to hear your explanation for how this happened.

I'd be curious to know if Max trains jiu jitsu in gi or no-gi or both, and what his rankings are if he does both.  

Big differences in gi and nogi fighting.