Holloway is only a blue belt???

darkiemontana - 
FatBuddha -
shaqitup - 
Choked72 -
darkiemontana -

Don't understand why people are obsessed with MMA fighters bjj belts. Surely by now people realise that gi jiu-jitsu is completely different sport to MMA. 

Like the ju jitsu that Ortega practices?

It’s an mma fight and he is a lot better than Ortega

His JIUJITSU is a lot better than Ortega??

Not one of the current male UFC championships are black belts it obviously not that important these days

Sadly, this is the truth.

BJJ in MMA has left the building.

FatBuddha -
darkiemontana - 
FatBuddha -
shaqitup - 
Choked72 -
darkiemontana -

Don't understand why people are obsessed with MMA fighters bjj belts. Surely by now people realise that gi jiu-jitsu is completely different sport to MMA. 

It's an mma fight and he is a lot better than Ortega

Not one of the current male UFC championships are black belts it obviously not that important these days

Lol at your use of evidence. I think that speaks more into how relatively easy it is to enter the high ranks of MMA compared to real global competitive sports like soccer and judo.

About to change this Saturday anyways.

Apologies for using real evidence but don’t let the facts get in the way of a shitty post. What has a sport where the main objective is to pretend you have been injured and then get your opponent in trouble with the officials and a jacket wrestling sport with a limited rule set got to do with people fighting in MMA?

darkiemontana - 
FatBuddha -
darkiemontana - 
FatBuddha -
shaqitup - 
Choked72 -
darkiemontana -

It's an mma fight and he is a lot better than Ortega

Lol at your use of evidence. I think that speaks more into how relatively easy it is to enter the high ranks of MMA compared to real global competitive sports like soccer and judo.

About to change this Saturday anyways.

Apologies for using real evidence but don’t let the facts get in the way of a shitty post. What has a sport where the main objective is to pretend you have been injured and then get your opponent in trouble with the officials and a jacket wrestling sport with a limited rule set got to do with people fighting in MMA?

I cannot help you. You are lost poor soul.

It's 2018, do belt colors matter in MMA anymore?....

For anyone who says yes, I am pretty sure 75% or more of the current UFC champions do not have a black belt...

QQmoar - 

It's 2018, do belt colors matter in MMA anymore?....

For anyone who says yes, I am pretty sure 75% or more of the current UFC champions do not have a black belt...

You guys are asking the wrong question. If Royce didn’t compete in UFC 1 all you guys would be saying, does BJJ matter though? The current champ doesn’t know BJJ. Don’t assume what you’re seeing currently is the pinnacle of MMA evolution. Remember when no one thought head kicks worked before cro cop and Maurice Smith?

It’s not whether the current champs lack black belt BJJ. It’s whether their skill could be improved by black belt level BJJ. Ortega will be the new wave.

Holloway is getting put to sleep. Darce choke, rd 2

Yeah, I think Demian Maia keeps his UFC belt right next to his Black Belt.

SubmissionKid -

Holloway is getting put to sleep. Darce choke, rd 2

Didn't you just get chased out of your own dumbass thread for asking such a stupid question?

BrckNoHitBk - 

Yeah, I think Demian Maia keeps his UFC belt right next to his Black Belt.

Bustamante does

bjj belt rank is the modern dim mak

RocknRolla - bjj belt rank is the modern dim mak

Let’s not totally go up our own asses here

NineFightFour - 
darkiemontana -

End thread 

Thread revival

Image result for frank mir belt

Fuck it I had a whole bunch to copy and paste, Luke  Rockhold, BJ Penn, Cain Velasquez, JDS, Anderson Silva, Ronda Rousey, etc.....

I think it's pretty obvious jiu jitsu is and more than likely will ALWAYS be relevent when it comes to combat fighting.

uniquetechnique -

I expected that to be signed “Patton Oswald”

I mean in all fairness, I see the point some are trying to make - why spend so much time on sport BJJ if so much of it (per Roger Gracie) is irrelevant in MMA? The vale tudo bjj of old is largely dead.

Tyron Woodley JIU JITSU BLACK BELT after using JIU JITSU to SUBMIT undefeated challenger Darren Till.

Bam, that just happened.

Think so

This thread is bumped the night the lw champion SUBMITTED Conor McGregor.

Yup, jiu jitsu isn't relevent in mma anymore lol

D241 -

This thread is bumped the night the lw champion SUBMITTED Conor McGregor.

Yup, jiu jitsu isn't relevent in mma anymore lol

Conor is a brown belt and Khabib has no jiu jitsu rank.......