Houston Alexander rescues 4yr old

Houston is the man ... can't wait till we see him fight again. He's not the best but he gives it his all and always put himself out there for the fans

dude is awesome

Zedlepln - 
tumn - Hard to not like this man.
Amazing how some of the badest looking dudes are some of the best gentlemen. Another example is Wand, who by nearly every account is one of the most approachable and quality guys in the sport.

Wanderlei is insanely kind and humble.

^^especially when he likes the rice and the chicken...

and the rice and the chicken

Another reason to respect the guy.

Lucky kid, that could have very easily gone a different direction.

Zedlepln - From here: http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/44673977.html

An Ultimate Fighting Championship light heavyweight from Omaha discovered a child left alone in an unlocked car, and sprang into action. Houston Alexander, a mixed martial artist stayed with the girl until she was safe.

The four year old girl's mother has been cited for misdemeanor child neglect.

The incident unfolded on Wednesday, May 6th in Midtown, near 44th and Center.

According to the report, Alexander was in the area when he noticed a little girl, alone and crying in an unlocked Chevy Lumina.

Upon arrival, police find the little girl in what seems to be a struggle with Alexander. Briefly caught on camera you can see the little girl shooting in for a takedown... and of course getting it, then making Alexander tap repeated time by various submissions.

The girl's mother was there, giving plasma. She told officers her cousin should have been watching the little girl.

Officers on the scene determined both mother and her cousin were donating plasma at the time the girl was alone in the car.

The mother was cited for child neglect. In an effort to keep the girl's identity a secret, WOWT is not naming her mother.

Child Protective Services was notified.

Very interesting story.... I doubt Dana will keep him now.

I wouldnt have taken the child out the car but I would have made sure the kid was safe before leaving. I dont care what the odds of an abduction are. If I walked away from a situation like that and something happened to that child, I would never forgive myself.

He opened the car door and said,"Nebraska's in the House!"

Boyle - 
Polonista - wtf? I don't understand. you can take someone's child out of a parked car in America??? this is messed up. like what - you're walking down the street, see a child in a parked car in front of a grocery store and your first thought is: "wow, this kid's mother is terrible. I should report this to authorities before some pedo comes out and grabs the kid". retarded. in Europe everyone leaves their kids in the car for a few minutes.

Maybe things are different where you live, and thats a good thing, but over here in the States it is a sad world where a kid could be playing in a busy park 1 minute and gone the next. Now put a 4 year old in a car unlocked, in a parking lot and you have sick F***s that will abduct that child and later that night we see it on the evening news and all we can hope is she/he is returned safely. NOT to mention if the keys were left inside the car there is a chance a child would attempt to move the car...

oh grow the fuck up you watch to much fox news

Boyle - 
Polonista - wtf? I don't understand. you can take someone's child out of a parked car in America??? this is messed up. like what - you're walking down the street, see a child in a parked car in front of a grocery store and your first thought is: "wow, this kid's mother is terrible. I should report this to authorities before some pedo comes out and grabs the kid". retarded. in Europe everyone leaves their kids in the car for a few minutes.

Maybe things are different where you live, and thats a good thing, but over here in the States it is a sad world where a kid could be playing in a busy park 1 minute and gone the next. Now put a 4 year old in a car unlocked, in a parking lot and you have sick F***s that will abduct that child and later that night we see it on the evening news and all we can hope is she/he is returned safely. NOT to mention if the keys were left inside the car there is a chance a child would attempt to move the car...

Which State are you living in?  As far as I can tell, you are living in a state of paranoia... this stuff really doesn't happen that often.  You only think it does because the news doesn't report when things don't go wrong.

then again maybe I'm wrong

Maybe the child was to ugly for the pedo's

The moms punishment should have been one round with Houston!!!!

So some of you guys would leave the kid in the car because you think kidnappings and molestations don't happen enough to warrant concern?

Nice way of looking at things. -ken

Once my son and his buddy stayed in the car while I ran in to get something real quick at the store. He was violently left alone. I forever live in regret to this day.

chicken and rice

Props to Houston! You haters (the few who are being negative) need to STFU. He did the right thing.

Boyle - Just wanna make the point that Donating blood is a free kind act... donating Plasma which they were doing is for money. Leaving a 4 year old in a car regardless what you are doing is idiotic, and endangering your child.

Fair enough qualification to make, although if it's done for money why in the world is it called donating? Either way taking a small fee doesn't exactly make it a reprehensible act. As for the "endangering", I'm not going to say that leaving children unattended is a great idea, and it was a decent enough thing for Alexander to do, but the point is that the child wasn't in some imminent danger so the whole bit about a "rescue" is way overplayed. He did something nice, he is not a superhero.

Mad Xyientist - Mr. Alexander then bypassed the court system and overcrowded prisons by sentencing the mother himself and administering a prison beatdown on the scene.

LOL

Old Feller -  chicken and rice

and how have you been Mr. Feller....... havent heard from you in awhile   :(