Houston Alexander rescues 4yr old

Old Feller - 
Zedlepln - 
Old Feller - Houston rescued my kitten when she was stuck in a tree.

Frank Mir didn't put her there, did he?
If by "put" you mean "throw", then yes.   He did.

Guess that begs the question how many other evils of Frank Mir did Houston Alexander correct?

Squared Circle -  From the title I expected a way more exciting story.  Please re-write, adding some yakuza and a car chase scene.

I concur. Houston Alexander rescues child? I was expecting a flaming building or a fast approaching waterfall. In fact I find he took a kid out of a parked car and into the nearby building where her mother was donating blood (awfully nice neglectful mother, if you don't mind my saying). Well, it was decent and considerate of him I'm sure, to make sure that someoe was watching the child. But "rescue" is quite the hyperbole, the kid wasn't in any apparent danger... except from the hordes of pedophiles (Be afraid! Be afraid!)

Judo Scott - Really? Thats why there are only about 200 child abductions a year in America? Those are some lazy pedo's.

That's a dumb way of measuring it, since most child sexual assaults are done by people the kid knows.

The article doesn't say "donating blood" it says "giving plasma".  They're two different things, the main difference being that they pay you for plasma, ie the negligent mother was in selling her plasma. 

wtf? I don't understand. you can take someone's child out of a parked car in America??? this is messed up. like what - you're walking down the street, see a child in a parked car in front of a grocery store and your first thought is: "wow, this kid's mother is terrible. I should report this to authorities before some pedo comes out and grabs the kid". retarded. in Europe everyone leaves their kids in the car for a few minutes.

Old Feller - 
Zedlepln - 
Old Feller - Houston rescued my kitten when she was stuck in a tree.
Frank Mir didn't put her there, did he?
If by "put" you mean "throw", then yes.   He did.

God Damn that Frank Mir what a bastard.

tumn - Hard to not like this man.

+1

giving plasma takes about an hour.

I've given plasma, when I was in college and had no other source of income.  As a general rule of thumb, plasma centers are not arears a responsible parent leaves an unattended child.  I would not leave my bicycle.

That could have gone all wrong with Alexander getting arrested for trying to kidnap a child.

I'm still looking for the part where he "sprang into action". As previously noted, things such as Yakuza and car chases are missing from this story.

He saw a frightened crying child and did a good thing. I think.

Humboldt JuiJitsu - 
tumn - Hard to not like this man.
Amen, I want to buy Houston Alexander a beer.  

Houston doesn't drink but you can always buy me a beer instead.

62 posts and not one person has thanked the mother and her cousin for saving lives by donating plasma :-(

Actually, I encountered a similar situation a year or so ago. I left work early on December 23 to hit Best Buy. Wanted to buy my wife's present before the after-work crowd got really hot and heavy in there. When I got to the strip mall, there was maybe a 7 year old and 4 year old sleeping unattended in a car while the engine was running (prsumably to keep the heater going).

I was appalled and afraid for the kids' safety, but didn't want to do anything that would make it look like I was trying to molest or abscond with the kids. I called a cop friend for advice.

I ended up sitting in my car and waiting for about half an hour for this piece of trash to show back up!

The two things the cop told me not to do was to get involved with giving a statement to the police or to confront the guardian. He said getting involved would just be an endless pain in the ass that wouldn't result in any good happening. And, he said that confronting the parent would just result in their yelling and swearing and making me feel like the bad guy.

Houston "We Have A Problem" FTW!

slagathor - Goes to show you you can't judge a book by its cover. If you don't know who he is and you see him in an alley you'd go the other way, because he is a scary looking(not trying to be racist) big ass black man.

A few months back I was talking to a guy who met Houston at a UFC. He had the same thoughts, "Scary looking dude, kinda scared shitless to talk to him, etc." But, Houston turned out to be a really cool guy.

Dan

qoelet -
Squared Circle - From the title I expected a way more exciting story. Please re-write, adding some yakuza and a car chase scene.

I concur. Houston Alexander rescues child? I was expecting a flaming building or a fast approaching waterfall. In fact I find he took a kid out of a parked car and into the nearby building where her mother was donating blood (awfully nice neglectful mother, if you don't mind my saying). Well, it was decent and considerate of him I'm sure, to make sure that someoe was watching the child. But "rescue" is quite the hyperbole, the kid wasn't in any apparent danger... except from the hordes of pedophiles (Be afraid! Be afraid!)

Just wanna make the point that Donating blood is a free kind act... donating Plasma which they were doing is for money. Leaving a 4 year old in a car regardless what you are doing is idiotic, and endangering your child.

Alexander was also on yahoo not long back for being a single father of multiple kids who he has custody of. Hell of a guy by what I read, and generally MMA figures only make the news for bad news... Aka Rampage going on a rampage....

Polonista - wtf? I don't understand. you can take someone's child out of a parked car in America??? this is messed up. like what - you're walking down the street, see a child in a parked car in front of a grocery store and your first thought is: "wow, this kid's mother is terrible. I should report this to authorities before some pedo comes out and grabs the kid". retarded. in Europe everyone leaves their kids in the car for a few minutes.

Maybe things are different where you live, and thats a good thing, but over here in the States it is a sad world where a kid could be playing in a busy park 1 minute and gone the next. Now put a 4 year old in a car unlocked, in a parking lot and you have sick F***s that will abduct that child and later that night we see it on the evening news and all we can hope is she/he is returned safely. NOT to mention if the keys were left inside the car there is a chance a child would attempt to move the car...

wow, selling plasma to buy crack....
awesome our houston tho

Good man.

I don't think he looks the slightest bit "scary". You kids watched mtv and surrounding channels too much.

cool stroy, good guy and hope he heals so

war houston