How a belt promo should be! (video

Being such a little guy that I am. I have delt with a lot of morons in my day trying to make an example out of me. I just don't have the mantality to let people do that and not hit back. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY hits me without getting hit back. If other people want to do it fine whatever. I saw this for the first time not to long ago. when I saw what they were doing I put my belt back on and did not hit the guys. I'm a 4 stripe blue and will gladly stay that way if I have to let people beat on me to get a purple. I know it only stings for a minute and may be a little sour for a day or two. I know I will survive without any real injury. But its the principle of the thing that gets my. Im not a dog and nobody will treat me like one.

Yeah, no white belts!!! When I got my blue I had to get down in the turtle position and cover my balls. That shit fucking hurt!!! So worth it though!

"I'm a 4 stripe blue and will gladly stay that way if I have to let people beat on me to get a purple. "

Then stay a blue belt forever. I think that it's a small price to pay to be promoted. That's just one mans opinion though.

Give your giant ego a rest. Almost sounds like you have "little man" syndrom.

Got my blue belt from Jorge August 12th and it was worth every lash across my back... anyone not willing to walk the gauntlet when getting their belt dont have the grit determination and will power it takes to be a champion...

http://myspace-515.vo.llnwd.net/01042/51/56/1042536515_l.jpg

thats my back the next morning... it felt wonderful... cuz i wasnt a white belt anymore

I just don't have the mantality to let people do that and not hit back. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY hits me without getting hit back. ... I'm a 4 stripe blue and will gladly stay that way if I have to let people beat on me to get a purple.

Congratulations Mr. Napoleon you are a pussy and we could all tell that you don't deserve your purple from your weak ass post. I hate guys that think it goes against there Man Hood to do something like that.

Looks retarded to me, but maybe I'm just retarded.

How does walking/running the gauntlet prove that you deserve the rank or have grit and determination?

IMO, the place to prove that is on the mat, not in some fratboy "thankyou sir may I have another" hazing ritual.

As I said before, if it was a tma class you guys would be calling it bullshit, grow up.

for senterian

Damn man. I've also heard of the judo throws on advancement.

Yeah..I have seen that. When Royler promotes you, he does a cross choke...so he is the first to tap you with the new belt...haha

Sorry to disrespect....but this looks like juvenile crap to me. Royce hands us our belt with a handshake and then we all go out to dinner.

I'd keep track of every one of those white belts that hit me and choke their asses unconscious later. No taps allowed!

"Royce hands us our belt with a handshake and then we all go out to dinner."

If it's blue, don't think you're the only one. Royce hands out blue belts like Grandma hands out candy at Halloween.

Been through one of those gauntlets with Jorge and am VERY much looking forward to my next trip through for my brown. It is simply and solely a right of passage and is not demeaning in any way. To all the whiners, if you asked and pleaded I am sure Jorge would let you forego the gauntlet on account of your condition, pussitis.

It would be hard not to turn around and punch one of those assholes in the face.

Like it was stated above... it is simply a right of passage, and in no way should it be taken as the person it trying to do any hard damage to you.

Plus... why would I try to punch my training partners/friends in the face. I guess you train with a bunch of people that you don't like.

I jog through with my gi on lol.

I am willing to fight in a cage..... but im a pussy for saying I refuse to get whipped like a dog. That makes a lot of since. Oh ya I dont have little mans syndrome, I only fight if Im getting paid. I'm not 16 years old. I dont have to prove anything to anyone. Oh ya and if im still a blue belt in ten years tapping out brown and maybe black belts, Im sure everyone will say I'm just a pussy because I wont let people whip me like a dog.

That shit is technically illegal in Indiana... even with consent. It falls under the crime "Hazing." Otherwise we would do it at IU! I think it is a nice right of passage.

Im a purple under Jake Shields and he didn't whip OMA or myself like that!!!

madsexy1 ..... but im a pussy for saying I refuse to get whipped like a dog.

I'm sorry if you like to whip your dog like that. Guess yer not that nice of a guy.

lol @ nate diaz punching dude in the cesar clip!