How are you dealing with Shoguns loss to OSP?

Sucks seeing the pride legends have their careers wrapping up Phone Post 3.0

Still in shock. Can't believe my favourite fighter, pride Grand Prix/ufc champ and legendary light heavyweight got starched by a perennial mid-level fighter. Phone Post 3.0

Sad, but this is combat sports. Legends fall and new stars come out of it. Good for OSP. I sincerely hope Shogun considers retirement, he has absolutely nothing left to prove. Phone Post 3.0

I'm increasingly bummed as my hero's get old and get beat, but props to OSP for a helluva counter. Phone Post 3.0

I laughed like a jackal

rockwell - 
shaqitup - How do people get so emotionally invested?
Watching Shogun's career from the start, I think a better question would be how could people NOT get emotionally invested? Phone Post 3.0

to the point where you're crying, or devastated that you can't function?

I'll be a bit gutted and might think about those kind of things, but it doesn't put me in a depression spiral.

When Shogun loses like this I just take a break from watching MMA. This isn't the first time he looked bad in a fight so this starting to feel like a routine.

I don't know what was more disappointing, seeing him get finished or seeing him not look interested before the fight.

He is a MW fighting huge LHW's. It's only making things worse and he doesn't have the desire to make the effort of dropping weight classes.

Sad times but imo he's the most exciting fighter that's ever lived and that's why he'll be remembered.

I've been drinking since last night.

For real.. I don't care.

OSP was better last night and his win is one step towards building a new star.

SteTheMan1988 - When Shogun loses like this I just take a break from watching MMA. This isn't the first time he looked bad in a fight so this starting to feel like a routine.

I don't know what was more disappointing, seeing him get finished or seeing him not look interested before the fight.

He is a MW fighting huge LHW's. It's only making things worse and he doesn't have the desire to make the effort of dropping weight classes.

Sad times but imo he's the most exciting fighter that's ever lived and that's why he'll be remembered.

Come on.. taking a break from watching MMA because Shogun lost?

You must have taken MANY Shogun related breaks from MMA over the past couple years.

I recorded the fight as I was at a bball game. Ended up pretty drunk and didn't watch the fight. Saw result this morning :(...
Kind of relieved now as probably don't have to sit through a Shogun fight again.
Prime Shogun was probably my fave fighter all-time. Phone Post 3.0

Clarence Parents - 
SteTheMan1988 - When Shogun loses like this I just take a break from watching MMA. This isn't the first time he looked bad in a fight so this starting to feel like a routine.

You must have taken MANY Shogun related breaks from MMA over the past couple years.

My all-time favorite fighter lost badly it kinda kills my mood for a few days.

Did you consider OSP a "new star"? If OSP ever becomes a star then MMA is doomed.

SteTheMan1988 - 
Clarence Parents - 

Did you consider OSP a "new star"? If OSP ever becomes a star then MMA is doomed.

I got bummed when GSP got laid out by Serra .. I still watched the next event.

It had 0 impact on my desire to watch MMA.. I guess we're all different though, sorry about your loss.

Clarence Parents - 
SteTheMan1988 - 
Clarence Parents - 

It had 0 impact on my desire to watch MMA.. I guess we're all different though, sorry about your loss.

The cards were better back then.

SteTheMan1988 - 
Clarence Parents - 
SteTheMan1988 - 
Clarence Parents - 

I could watch GSP lose every day for the next year.. I'm still going to watch the cards.

And GSP is by far above all my favorite fighter.

Neither my nor your perception of card quality would impact this.

Clarence Parents - 
SteTheMan1988 - 
Clarence Parents - 
SteTheMan1988 - 
Clarence Parents - 

I could watch GSP lose every day for the next year.. I'm still going to watch the cards.

And GSP is by far above all my favorite fighter.

Neither my nor your perception of card quality would impact this.

I've never skipped a card btw.

Tiresias - 

Just taking it one day at time-- one hour at a time, one moment at a time... and I keep a picture of my kids nearby all the time, so when things get too much and I feel my grip slipping away, I can look at it and be reminded why I have to keep going.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Stay strong fren

I'm wearing just white vale tudo shorts and some shades, in a park watching some little league. Today has been a challenge. Phone Post 3.0

Lagavulin and pizza. And tears. Phone Post 3.0