How close is Usman to being WW GOAT?

Not close at all. 3 of his 4 title defenses are against bloated up lightweight journeyman and he won his belt against a bum who’s about to get knocked out by a teen Disney star.

2 Likes

I’m not even sure Usman is in the top 10 all-time WW. Legacy and ranking is far more than just wins and title defenses.

1 Like

He’s not even close. He has ALOT more work to do. That does mean he can’t, he just didn’t yet.

GSP lost to Hendricks, see here: http://mmadecisions.com/decision/4707/Georges-St-Pierre-vs-Johny-Hendricks

“30% Usman” wouldn’t lose to Hendricks, let alone his current form.

@Nytron Prime Hendricks vs Usman is a 50/50 fight. We saw what happened the last time Usman didn’t have a clear wrestling advantage - he got out struck by Colby for 3 of 5 rounds. And unlike Colby, Hendricks had brutal KO power.

Hahahah, no, just no. Usman literally dismantled Colby on the feet and broke his jaw. Colby has better striking than Hendricks.

I can post selective clips as well, see…

The reality of the matter is it was closely contested, with Colby winning 3 rounds. And you’re just a retard not worth dealing with if you really believe Colby has better striking than Hendricks.

1 Like

Logan Paul is closer than Usman is to any GOAT conversation

Literally noway near.

If he beats Edwards or Thompson in a title bout, I’d say he’s close to Matt Hughes. Nowhere near GSP

The two Masvidal wins are almost meaningless, anyone who knows anything about MMA knows Masvidal isn’t more than a fringe Top 10 fighter

1 Like

You’re showing your heavy racial bias which everyone in the OG knows you for but maybe people in the UG don’t…

Scorecards were even going into the 5th.

2 Likes

Season 4 Laughing GIF by The Office

You said literally and then posted bullshit. His jaw was not broken.

Dr Colby cant diagnose that in the middle of a fight.

2 Likes

Maybe 5 more good wins.

Come on dude, he’s in the top 5 at least.

Who’s your top ten?

His jaw was broken just like Pettis’s hand was vs Tony.

Im not a fan of Usman, but he cleaned the division, with knockouts and dominations, been in wars, where gsp was shy
But still he will never surpass GSP, mma is changed and i cant see anyone being a goat or a “legend”, it just sounds silly, anw Usman isnt playing safe anymore and i respect him for that
Ufc killed all the goat status making fighters less “known” all the fight kits and other shot, just doesnt care what francis does or some jones, maybe it was good for income, but definetly not for fighters status

1 Like

I’m no GSP fan but he’s no where near close. He’s got 4 title defenses. Only a couple lack luster performances that I can remember

He certainly can become WW goat though only time will tell. He’s lucky Nick Diaz has been suspended and absent for the past 5+ years though I’ll say that though