How come no high level Indian MMA fighters?

WATHUNT - 
FG_Gall -

The ones I know prefer cricket

Most Indians I've met are cricket mad. They don't seem to care about other sports

The country’s best athletes go into cricket, for sure.

wiggum -
WATHUNT - 
FG_Gall -

Most Indians I've met are cricket mad. They don't seem to care about other sports

Semi athlete bro not the kind of Athlete you see in Football Basketball or Rugby bro

Dangerousdoug - 
Vale_Tudo_83 - 

It cost a lot of money to train in places where it's not very common.  

And of the Japanese? A few guys who could hang. Never the very best. Im just curious. Not trying to be racist.

There have been Japanese fighters at the top of the game; but then you know that.

1 Like
Kilahswami - 
wiggum -
WATHUNT - 
FG_Gall -

Semi athlete bro not the kind of Athlete you see in Football Basketball or Rugby bro

I have been successful in MMA. Could never have been successful in cricket.

1 Like

You guys don't remember Super Fight League...almost all Indians

3 Likes

How much does a cricketer earn compared to the average MMA fighter? There's your answer.

1 Like
Smilin like Rashad - 

You guys don't remember Super Fight League...almost all Indians

Set Indian MMA back so much . . .

1 Like
AnotherTMAguy - 

How much does a cricketer earn compared to the average MMA fighter? There's your answer.

Yeah.

This, coupled with the fact that cricket – like soccer – requires less instruction for poor farm kids to play.

A huge number of Indians are rural farmers. It’s tough to teach yourself MMA. So, many of the country’s best athletes have no access to the sport.

They are the least athletic race out there. For a country of over a billion people they are lucky to get more than one or two gold medals at the olympics. Seriously think about it, have you ever in your life been in a situation where an indian was the best at an athletic competition?

1 Like

India is a very poor and corrupt country divided by castes (terribly dirty and smelly too from what i hear from people who visited it), if you are born in a lower caste you are staying there, you will have no education and no food. If born in a higher caste, they will focus on their education and moving to US, Canada and European countries.

^^the two most recent posts exemplify what I meant when I said, “Lot of ignorant comments on this thread. Not sure why some people comment on shit that they know nothing about.”

wiggum - ^^the two most recent posts exemplify what I meant when I said, "Lot of ignorant comments on this thread. Not sure why some people comment on shit that they know nothing about."

Probably because it's a discussion forum? People chime in with all sorts of ignorant comments, some truth mixed with nonsense, sometimes on purpose because they know it will offend some .. It happens 

Anderson Silva is not black…

1 Like
Wasa-B - Anderson Silva is not black...

I’ve said before and I’ll say again, that I am very grateful that you keep the memory of that thread alive.

wiggum -
AnotherTMAguy - 

Yeah.

This, coupled with the fact that cricket – like soccer – requires less instruction for poor farm kids to play.

A huge number of Indians are rural farmers. It’s tough to teach yourself MMA. So, many of the country’s best athletes have no access to the sport.

Yep put up 4 sticks and get another stick and a tennis ball and you’re right for a cricket game.

Hit enough sixes and you have the fame and fortune that MMA fighters can only dream of.

Ruben Villarreal aka Warpath

1 Like

Sorry I was very drunk when I made this thread lol. Didnt even remember posting until I saw it here. Wasnt trying to be racist just moreso curious. Youd think youd have a few high level fighters just based on population especially with their affinity for wrestling. Oh well. Cheers. Meant no offense. 

1 Like

I am friends with a group of Indians, great fucking people and I really enjoy them, they've been here in the US for between 30 and 15yrs (several waves).  They tell me that Indians are very peaceful people so i could see how fighting isn't popular in their culture.  

I invited them to one of our wrestling tourneys.....they were horrified, thought the kids were hurting each other and fighting.... hahaha.

You should see their faces when I explain what we do on our ranch!

They usually move to Illinois or Ohio. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v56snUZqKFU&ab_channel=baldandbankrupt