How did akiyama lose?

Shields was looking mighty desperate for the first 2 rounds, couldn't get any takedowns and looked bad trying. It was close but I thought Akiyama won. Do the judges see the counted strikes thrown? I feel like that would completely sway their opinions. Even if nothing landed. Phone Post

Like most; I agree that Shields won, but fuck me his striking is appalling

Shields landed way more strikes, even if they were not the most powerful. He was the aggressor constantly going for takedowns.

He eventually got him down and who knows what would've happen if he had a bit more time.

Akiyama had 2 throws in which shields immediately popped up and was threatening with a takedown of his own. Very even and uneventful fight until the last 2 minutes. 30-29 sounds better. Phone Post

He did nothing except throw shields twice for 15 minutes. He stuffed takedowns but shields was still the aggressor, easy 30-27 Phone Post

Shields is smart. He goes for a ton of takedowns and misses most of them, but in between all of that, he's constantly scoring points by striking in volume. He keeps pressure on the other guy even though he really isn't hurting him. Meanwhile, if he does land a takedown you're in trouble, so fighters are really only concerned with stuffing that and forget he's scoring tons of points.

lol at any of Shields' strikes being 'significant'.

and he only got the takedown in the 3rd because yama gave it to him with a mistimed judo throw

sexyama tooled him the 12 out of 15 minutes.

another decision robbery for shields.

ikr i was like at least a draw Phone Post

I had 29-28 for Sexy winning first two rounds. But one more minute Jake would of subbed him. Phone Post

GaGas Soldier - it was a shitty decision. Lol at people who think quantity wins fights alone... same kind of idiots they choose to be ufc judges

Sounds like you're the idiot. Phone Post

Akiyama is a tough fighter, but an aging fighter as well. Akiyama does not fight smart and his team and him do not have a good game plan going into fights. He must stop getting into WARS in his fights. u punch me i punch u, it's gotta stop. He should focus on his boxing and the foot work, u can't keep standing there in front of your opponents and keep getting punched. NOT GOOD FOR BRAIN!! I know he got bad cardio, but he should work on that. And definitely stay away from lifting heavy weights, his muscle is too heavy on his body and gassing him out in fights.