How did Cat lose?

some fighters are bad on the bottom

Non N00B -
kennyfrommd - Her grappling was flat out embarrassing for a professional fighter. Everyone I was with had their jaw hanging open when she was attacking the head and arm choke from the bottom and started spastically bridging. She is not good. Phone Post 3.0

For some reason I thought she had more high profile wins than she does, she really only has Tate (beat down but a horrible stoppage), and Nunes which at the time didnt mean a lot, but obviously looking at it now, it's a huge win. 

Let's not forget, Meisha dominated the first two rounds, then got a stopped in the third, a little early. Cat lost Rd 1 probably 10-8 to Nunes, Then Nunes gassed out. Phone Post 3.0

Fabes -
kennyfrommd - Her grappling was flat out embarrassing for a professional fighter. Everyone I was with had their jaw hanging open when she was attacking the head and arm choke from the bottom and started spastically bridging. She is not good. Phone Post 3.0
She definitely didn't look good, but she has in the past. I wonder what happened. She looked lost on her back. Phone Post 3.0

I think in this past in which she has looked good she was either brawling on the feet, tossing ppl, or in top control.

Not on her back.

Bigtrain2681 -
Beer and Hotdogs - Got into Grappling match with one of the better grapplers in the division. I thought she had a huge striking advantage, but as we all know cat isn't exactly GSP when it comes to in fight adjustments and game planing. Phone Post 3.0
This. She is retarded when it comes to in cage preparation. Apparently this was the first fight she's ever actually had a gameplan for. Not that you'd know. Phone Post 3.0
Cat at Jackson's would be a monster Phone Post 3.0

Pena attended several Shayna Baszler seminars. It was her key to victory. Phone Post 3.0

Darth Ryase - Physically Cat is on par with Ronda, with even better striking. But her fight IQ is awful. Phone Post 3.0
No, she's not. Ronda is far superior to Cat. Phone Post 3.0

Shy Guy - Pena attended several Shayna Baszler seminars. It was her key to victory. Phone Post 3.0
VTFU. LOL. Phone Post 3.0

Shy Guy - Pena attended several Shayna Baszler seminars. It was her key to victory. Phone Post 3.0

LOL walkoff KO!

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
Non N00B -

For some reason I thought she had more high profile wins than she does, she really only has Tate (beat down but a horrible stoppage), and Nunes which at the time didnt mean a lot, but obviously looking at it now, it's a huge win. 

Let's not forget, Meisha dominated the first two rounds, then got a stopped in the third, a little early. Cat lost Rd 1 probably 10-8 to Nunes, Then Nunes gassed out. Phone Post 3.0

I dont remember what happened early in the Meisha fight but I do remember the early stoppage in the middle of a double leg, Kim Winslow = suckerbitch of a ref. I remember Nunes was much stronger early and faded against Cat, she would demolish her today. 

She seemed to gas or mentally give midway through the second. She wasn't really doing much to try to get up or reverse position. She seemed to accept being on bottom. I wonder if losing 40lbs in a few months killed her gas tank. Phone Post 3.0

I think I have this figured out. Pena is the Venezuelan Vixen, and was coached by Meisha in TUF 18.

Pena just beat Cat, who had previously beat not only Meisha, but also Nunes, who also beat Meisha for the title on the same card as Pena/Cat.

Meisha got the title by beating Holly.

Holly got the title by beating Ronda into Bolivia.

Here is where the conspiracy starts to be revealed: the OFFICIAL name of Venezuela is "Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.

If that isn't clear to you, then you need to drink more.

Man Juliana looked hot at the weigh in Phone Post 3.0

1- Like her or not, Pena is a beast. Although I saw more holes in her game, she is mentally and physically strong, smart, tough and she is has the basics covered.

2-Cat is good with elbow and knees, but her punches and kicks are rudimentary and wild.

3-Cat was a funky wrestler and has taken that funk to BJJ. It just doesn't work at a high level. She needs basic fundamental BJJ. hard to believe sense she was married to a BJJ blackbelt. Watch her grappling match with Amanda Leve, at the time a 17 year old purple belt. She schooled Cat until Cat got a leglock at the end.

4-Cat has the lowest MMA IQ in the UFC.

If I were coaching her, I'd just focus on 2 things for the next couple of months, boxing technique and boxing footwork and bluebelt level fundamental BJJ.

nowaydo - 1- Like her or not, Pena is a beast. Although I saw more holes in her game, she is mentally and physically strong, smart, tough and she is has the basics covered.

2-Cat is good with elbow and knees, but her punches and kicks are rudimentary and wild.

3-Cat was a funky wrestler and has taken that funk to BJJ. It just doesn't work at a high level. She needs basic fundamental BJJ. hard to believe sense she was married to a BJJ blackbelt. Watch her grappling match with Amanda Leve, at the time a 17 year old purple belt. She schooled Cat until Cat got a leglock at the end.

4-Cat has the lowest MMA IQ in the UFC.

If I were coaching her, I'd just focus on 2 things for the next couple of months, boxing technique and boxing footwork and bluebelt level fundamental BJJ.

Great analysis Sir, please accept a vote up.

In your opinion who should Cat face next?

Raquel Pennington maybe or Sarah Mcmann. I think she could possible lose to everyone in the top ten, except for Jessica Eye or Bethe, if she does not get her act together.

I'm a big fan of hers, that's why it is so frustrating to me.

She is strong and athletic but seems to lack technical skills and has super bad fight IQ

nowaydo - Raquel Pennington maybe or Sarah Mcmann. I think she could possible lose to everyone in the top ten, except for Jessica Eye or Bethe, if she does not get her act together.

I'm a big fan of hers, that's why it is so frustrating to me.

Nowaydo 

Raquel Pennington is fighting Liz Phillips next which respect is bizarre matchmaking. Jessica will be facing Bethe Correia in Sept. Cat vs Sara M is an interesting fight. Another fight I like is Cat vs Marion Reneau however, Marion is a black belt in BJJ so it will be interesting to see how that plays out. 

It was reported that Liz Carmouche was dropping to SW but recently she retweeted her coaches tweet about facing Bethe Correia so maybe she has decided to stay at BW and Liz vs Cat is another interesting fight

Cat is also very inactive, with the exception of 2010 she has fought once a year since 2008. She has had 4 UFC fights in the last 4 years.

Now i'm fully aware of the tragedy that befell her and that is legit. But AFTER that, she fought Nunes and Rousey within 5 months. Then got waaay out of shape and fought Pena almost a year and a half later.

That quite simply isn't adequate for an elite fighter, let alone one that feels she is a title contender.

For comparison, since Zingano fought Tate, Miesha has fought 7 times, defeating 2 title contenders and winning the gold. Cat in that time frame has fought 3.
In the same time frame -

Nunes - 6
Holm - 8
Mcmann - 5
Eye - 6

Cat needs to up her schedule really. Phone Post 3.0

Bigtrain2681 - Cat is also very inactive, with the exception of 2010 she has fought once a year since 2008. She has had 4 UFC fights in the last 4 years.

Now i'm fully aware of the tragedy that befell her and that is legit. But AFTER that, she fought Nunes and Rousey within 5 months. Then got waaay out of shape and fought Pena almost a year and a half later.

That quite simply isn't adequate for an elite fighter, let alone one that feels she is a title contender.

For comparison, since Zingano fought Tate, Miesha has fought 7 times, defeating 2 title contenders and winning the gold. Cat in that time frame has fought 3.
In the same time frame -

Nunes - 6
Holm - 8
Mcmann - 5
Eye - 6

Cat needs to up her schedule really. Phone Post 3.0

Bigtrain2681

Cat wasn't inactive in 2015 by choice, she addressed that she had some medical issues she needed to take care of. Cat still had health issues stemming from her fight with Amanda. If I recall Either Kenny Florian or Chael made reference to this as also being the reason Cat was out. Please find below what Cat said

Zingano returned to the Octagon in the fall of 2014. She faced Amanda Nunes on September 27, 2014 at UFC 178 After losing the first round, Zingano came back in the two subsequent rounds to win via TKO in the third round. After the fight she said "That whole first round, I just got my head caved in, I was dizzy; I couldn't be in light for a month. I put on like 30 pounds because my pituitary gland got knocked around and my hormones were all screwed up. I had never been hit like that in a fight. You know, it really freaked me out because it was like, man, I am my son's only parent. If I'm all screwed up and I can't drive and I can't work and say this injury is so bad I can't fight anymore...what if I'm incapable of doing that? I can't get to the point where my brain is mush and I can barely talk, because my son's life depends on my health

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2650554-the-survivor-cat-zingano-on-life-death-and-her-ufc-future

After defeating Miesha in 2013, Cat was scheduled to coach against Ronda on TUF but sustained a knee injury, had surgery and spent almost a year rehabbing. 

Which i stated. I understand that.

How about 08,09,11,12? She has NEVER been an active fighter regardless of circumstance.

The point is, while the other ladies are getting ring time, Zingano is basically feeling the pressure of a lengthy lay off every time she fights.

She has said she came out of this one basically unscathed so we'll see. It should be very realistic for her to fight again this year. Phone Post 3.0