How do I get to 10th Planet???

The place I train right now is mostly a stand-up gym, and for what I'm getting there, $90 a month is absurd. They do Jiu Jitsu twice a week, both at times that are inconvenient to my work schedule / travel agenda. However, on the other end of things, I pass by the 405 every single day on the way home from work, and live in Sherman Oaks... and I'm just now realizing Eddie Bravo teaches literally a few miles from where I live, all the while slapping myself in the head while realizing I didn't realize this sooner. Too much realizing for one day.

With guys like Eddie Bravo teaching down the street... for what I'm getting, it's too much to pass up.

Can someone tell me about the place? How's the facility? How do I get there from the 405 north of Santa Monica? What are monthly rates like? Do they do gi and no gi?

Bring it, serious inquiry. Thanks in advance, gentlemen.

7327 Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood between Fairfax and La Brea at Fuller. Park across the street at Trader Joe's.

Night classes are Monday thru Thursday at 8:30pm.

Day classes are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 11am.

$105 a month unlimited.

Hey Eddie, Im also considering signing up for your gym. I have zero experience in any mma style, so im just wondering if you have any begginers classes for people like me?

You should come check it out screwu, there's people of all different levels in the classes and it's a great environment -- very friendly and generous group of people.

in my best Sheryl Crow voice, "on Santa Monica Blvd"

Dave, going to train with a guy like Eddie will improve your game 100%.....If I was living in CA right now I'd join you in training there.

"Dave, going to train with a guy like Eddie will improve your game 100%"

I like hearing this from you. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

HOC was a great point for me to start with Jiu Jitsu at, but they aren't intensive enough, and I need to push my game to more competetive levels in that aspect.

Dave.....Free is a great instructor...one of the best around....but, it's very hard to learn anything to great from a guy when you only see him once or twice a week....it wasn't his fault it's the gyms fault....even ask Eddie about Free....they were learning under JJ Machado at the same time. Free's bad ass......but, with Eddie, you'll have a great black belt intructor in your ear almost everyday. Plus, you'll have guys like Gerald Strebendt in there to help you out too.....and I'm sure Joe Rogan will be tapping you out from time to time as well.

:-)

Eddie - look for me to be dropping in at your night class on June 1!!!

Ghost,

It is easiest to take the 101 to Vine and the turn right on Santa Monica, it takes forever if you come from the 405

"but, with Eddie, you'll have a great black belt intructor in your ear almost everyday. Plus, you'll have guys like Gerald Strebendt in there to help you out too.....and I'm sure Joe Rogan will be tapping you out from time to time as well."

Post more. Everytime you do, I look more forward to checking this place out. I know it's not Free... it's his availability. And if I got the chance to go at Joe Rogan, that might be cool, cuz I could at least feel as though I've done my part in gettin on him about his commentary after he's had a couple to loosen up... even if I was tapping while doing it, hahahaha.

Good shit, Ghost. Its gotta be eating you inside to know that I got my blue belt before you, hahahaha.

practice my boy, practice

Good deal bro, I'll look ya up. =) Feel free to hit me in case I don't, davidhojak@yahoo.com... if you're out in Sherman Oaks 2-3 days a week, maybe you can stop in and watch some fights. Last night we watched Chuck & Pele's IVC fight... bareknucks, some pointed elbows and stuff... absolutely appetizing.

Ghost, Eddie started his gym from the ground up. He has a full floor of the best Olympic style judo "Tatame" mats you can buy. He started everyone from white belts and has built a few purple belts from the ground up. Everyone is started from the first day to be a finisher. You will learn how to attack attack attack until you forget about ever defending. I swear this is the most aggresive style of jiu jitsu in the world. Eddie is the reason I have had so many finishes in nhb fighting. Out of 8 wins I have 8 finishes. Every one was drilled to me by Eddie Bravo right there in Hollywood. You are very lucky to be so close! Gerald Strebendt

ttt for eddie bravo

eddie for president

"Out of 8 wins I have 8 finishes."

I'm getting excited here. My first and only fight ended by sub, and I plan on keeping that up, despite all my martial arts background being stand-up so far. An aggressive BJJ styling geared towards that type of on-my-feet aggression is exactly what I want.

Gerald, I look forward to meeting you, bro.

"eddie for president"

If I, Eddie Bravo, were president I would _________________. (fill in the blank)