How good are Eddie Bravo's students?

How well do Eddie's students do in tournaments?

Them Boys is Raw. From what I hear, I hear they got that fire.

you do realize that eddie teaches more than just rubber guard, right?

Its not like every single one of his students is going to be looking for gogoplata all the time.

Eddie seems like a great teacher who cares about his students (just look at the loyalty they have to him on the UG for an example).

I'm sure they are all skilled guys.

twelve guys from 10th planet competed at the recent best of west tournament a few weeks ago; eight of them medaled.

three guys competed at the grappler's quest event prior to best of the west, and two of them medaled.

Eddie was a black belt before his vids or books cam out. he knows his shit.

Remember he tapped Royler as a brown.

No, his students don't all roll just like Eddie does.
Joe Rogan has a super heavy top game, for example.

MasterDebater - Eddie was a black belt before his vids or books cam out. he knows his shit.

Remember he tapped Royler as a brown.

I call B.S..

When did that happen...?

Why doesn't anyone ever mention it then?

lol at some tapping a Gracie. never happened.

Last NAGA's I went to I saw about 5~10 10th planet guys. Of the matches I saw, I didn't see a single one of them getting rubberguard and all of them I saw lost their matches.

2TALL4BJJ - Last NAGA's I went to I saw about 5~10 10th planet guys. Of the matches I saw, I didn't see a single one of them getting rubberguard and all of them I saw lost their matches.

which naga event? where?

forumnewb - twelve guys from 10th planet competed at the recent best of west tournament a few weeks ago; eight of them medaled.

three guys competed at the grappler's quest event prior to best of the west, and two of them medaled.

what division are you talking about ? how many in the advanced ?

12 -
forumnewb - twelve guys from 10th planet competed at the recent best of west tournament a few weeks ago; eight of them medaled.

recent 10th planet results:

(i can't remember all of the weight classes, so some of them are missing from the list below)

gq event 05/03/08:

2nd place, men's executive advanced
3rd place, men's novice

best of the west 05/18/08:

3rd place men's novice feather-weight
3rd place men's executive beginner
3rd place men's beginner feather-weight
2nd place men's beginner open-weight
3rd place men's intermediate fly-weight
2nd place men's intermediate fly-weight
1st place men's intermediate super-weight
1st place men's intermediate middle-weight

forumnewb - 
12 -
forumnewb - twelve guys from 10th planet competed at the recent best of west tournament a few weeks ago; eight of them medaled.

recent 10th planet results:

(i can't remember all of the weight classes, so some of them are missing from the list below)

gq event 05/03/08:

2nd place, men's executive advanced

3rd place, men's novice

best of the west 05/18/08:

3rd place men's novice feather-weight

3rd place men's executive beginner

3rd place men's beginner feather-weight

2nd place men's beginner open-weight

3rd place men's intermediate fly-weight

2nd place men's intermediate fly-weight

1st place men's intermediate super-weight

1st place men's intermediate middle-weight

doing well for the time hes been open.

how many of the students are eddie's students fron start? I know a lot of good grapplers move there.

thelifecoach - After watching Epstein's terrible guard game in his fight on the Tapout show, I do wonder.

It's basically novelty grappling. You know, the kind of shit that would come out of Southern California.

His entire system has been one big empty promise.

thats hilarious, its all been very high percentage stuff for me.

as far as the tapout show goes, nothing works a 100% of the time, and if i remeber he won by triangle didn't he?

Shen - "I call B.S..
When did that happen...?"

IHMB

IHMB -Ich habe mich beschissen!!

(I-shat-meself . . . when I read that one!)

I'm 1-2 against 10th planet guys. Clearly, they suck. LOL Two of the guys worked RG in our matches and the other guy swept me with twice for the win but didn't work any RG that I could see. His guys have all seemed very cool but Bravo is such a dick on the mat coaching. I'm very bummed about losing to his guys and hope to better my record soon.

HBM

How is Bravo a dick coaching?

LOL I've honestly never heard that before. Laimon..... many times.