How good was Marvin Hagler?

Guy was a murderous puncher who dominated the middleweight division for the better part of 10 years and, imo, was robbed in his last fight vs Leonard.

Where do you guys have him on an all-time list?

Hard to compare eras and fighters from different weiht classes.
But, Hagler was certainly a badass, with an iron chin and will.
One of my fav fighters to watch.

He was a natural right-hander who fought out of a left-handed stance, a veteran of the brutal gym wars in Philly, a rock, determined and relentless.

He's in the top five all-time at middleweight.

Best MW boxer i have seen

one of my absolute favorites

Has to be top 5 all time in a pound for pound list.

Just remember, when you talk all-time greats at middleweight you are talking about a list of greats that include the following:

Jake LaMotta
Carlos Monzon
Harry Greb
Dick Tiger
Bob Fitzsimmons
Bernard Hopkins
Sugar Ray Robinson
Charley Burley

and more that I can't think of right now. There have been some great, great middleweights.

Hagler was the shit and the only reason that the Sugar Ray fight with as close as it was is that Leonard's camp waited for Hagler to get older and slow down before they would take the fight. In fact I think it was Leonard doing play by play ringside of the Roldan fight when this came about.
But either way he was awesome I put him top 5 in his weight class all time, some might put on top 10, others higher than that but I don't care what those people think. Phone Post

He was marvelous. Phone Post 3.0

Hagler lost 3 fights in his career. He was robbed vs srl IMO. He lost an early fight on like a weeks notice I believe. He Kod 52 of his 62 wins. He was very feared for many years.

Lets not forget some of those right hands he walked through from Mugabi. That dude was 26-0 with 26 knockouts going into that fight, and Hagler ruined him!

Malvert the Janitor - He was marvelous. Phone Post 3.0

In with a shout for goat mw.

That guys training regime was fucking crazy. He used to do crazy shit like run backwards uphill in heavy boots in snow - or something like that!!! Phone Post

Herecomesthejester - In with a shout for goat mw.

That guys training regime was fucking crazy. He used to do crazy shit like run backwards uphill in heavy boots in snow - or something like that!!! Phone Post

That's that old school training regimen. Fighters back then cared about their legacy. Phone Post

awesome. I agree that he is top 5 all time. iron chin and insane KO artist.

sgotwalks - 

Lets not forget some of those right hands he walked through from Mugabi. That dude was 26-0 with 26 knockouts going into that fight, and Hagler ruined him!

this.

incredible.

Arguably the best Mw ever 

Chaelismyhero - I love the old school hard ass fighters like Hagler,Monzon,Duran ect.

I would say he is top 5.

Who do you think wins,Monzon vs. Hagler?

I'll go will Carlos in a close fight.

I take Hagler.
Anything less would be uncivilized. Phone Post

grady - incredible.

Man, what happened to boxing? That was great.