How is Sonnen the betting favorite vs. Shogun?

I am assuming a wrestling thing, but the line should be much closer

jmont - 
Leck Brosnar - Isn't this 5 rounds as it is the main event? Only thing that helps Sonnen if it is.

have you seen hendo vs rua? 5rnds favours shogun imo Phone Post

you have a very bad opinion then

LOL @ Shogun not being able to defend TD's! The man never even gave a F if he was taken down because he's so good on the ground with his sweeps. Yet the some ignorant posters ignore that data while both never contradicting it and continuing to post as such!

Shogun swept better. Coleman was swept more than 1 time. Fuckin Arona could not hold him down & his sweeps of Machida were great. His has used the deep half on a few fighters to get to his feet as well including Hendo.

Aaron Becker - 
jmont - 
Leck Brosnar - Isn't this 5 rounds as it is the main event? Only thing that helps Sonnen if it is.

have you seen hendo vs rua? 5rnds favours shogun imo Phone Post

you have a very bad opinion then

Who has outlasted Shogun ever? Who has more heart? I'm far from a fan but it is what it is. It is Shogun via stoppage, if it goes to the 5th, he'll stop him there too as there is no chance Sonnen will batter Shogun as Hendo did prior thus preventing the finish. It is Sonnen who will be battered! It's most likely a stoppage in round 1 or 2 though.

All Shogun needs to do is show TF up unhurt.

Lazer MMA -
LOL @ Shogun not being able to defend TD's! The man never even gave a F if he was taken down because he's so good on the ground with his sweeps. Yet the some ignorant posters ignore that data while both never contradicting it and continuing to post as such!

Shogun swept better. Coleman was swept more than 1 time. Fuckin Arona could not hold him down & his sweeps of Machida were great. His has used the deep half on a few fighters to get to his feet as well including Hendo.
Right....what kind of retarded thinking is it such that Shogun doesn't care if he's taken down? What planet are you on? He has a round and half of gas at max if he has to fight his way up from the ground. Phone Post 3.0

slamming - 
Lazer MMA -

Right....what kind of retarded thinking is it such that Shogun doesn't care if he's taken down? What planet are you on? He has a round and half of gas at max if he has to fight his way up from the ground. Phone Post 3.0

"Who has outlasted Shogun ever? Who has more heart?"

Waiting

Ignore that data on who Shogun has swept exactly whom are even better than Sonnen that I provided. Made some stuff up about what you say his gas tank will be and that is more meaningful then the data provided on actual fights. Then call retard LMFAO. DERP

Coleman was not the wrestker he used to be when they fought. Arona is great on the ground but I'm not sure he is as good as chael with keeping position.

There is a difference in cardio and heart. I doubt anyone can match Shogun in the having heart department but his cardio is always a question mark.

Chael has unproven cardio at LHW and he has admittedly said he finds ways out of fights but there is no denying he will go full throttle till he can't and that may take all the tools Shogun can win with. A gassed Shogun has been submitted before so let's not pretend Chael can't catch him in a choke later in the fight.

Close line and I'm pumped for the fight. Leaning on Shogun but Chael could just as easily win. Phone Post

It's weird how people resort to name calling others when they have a different opinion.

The betting line probably favors Sonnen because of his wrestling and Shogun has been taken down by lesser wrestlers than Sonnen is.

That is not to say Shogun can't submit or sweep Chael, but it's gonna be hard for him to do that, IMO.

Yeah and in Chaels last fight he was seconds away from winning the belt. We can all put stupid spin on stuff if we want. Take it for what it is. Two guys who are irrelevant but entertaining headlining a stacked card. Phone Post 3.0

I just don't see Shogun stopping the takedowns. He might still win, but I think Chael will secure every takedown he attempts against him.

Standup29 - 

Coleman was not the wrestker he used to be when they fought. Arona is great on the ground but I'm not sure he is as good as chael with keeping position.

There is a difference in cardio and heart. I doubt anyone can match Shogun in the having heart department but his cardio is always a question mark.

Chael has unproven cardio at LHW and he has admittedly said he finds ways out of fights but there is no denying he will go full throttle till he can't and that may take all the tools Shogun can win with. A gassed Shogun has been submitted before so let's not pretend Chael can't catch him in a choke later in the fight.

Close line and I'm pumped for the fight. Leaning on Shogun but Chael could just as easily win. Phone Post

I would guess Coleman when Shogun fought him, was better than Sonnen was on the very best day of his life in terms of being to hold down a guy. Arona too IMO BTW. Proven great fighters VS a guy that beat who, exactly ever in his life even? I hardly felt it was necessary to answer this it's so speculative and poor an argument.

LMFAO @ Sonnen subbing Shogun period. It will be Sonnen beaten to a pulp with no good wins in the division ever even that will be gassed and subbed if he is not KTFO prior.

RileyPust - I just don't see Shogun stopping the takedowns. He might still win, but I think Chael will secure every takedown he attempts against him.

& get swept and beaten to a pulp every time even as better have been.

Rambo John J -
Arlovskis Chin - Yeah and in Chaels last fight he was seconds away from winning the belt. We can all put stupid spin on stuff if we want. Take it for what it is. Two guys who are irrelevant but entertaining headlining a stacked card. Phone Post 3.0

What a shame that would have been,

An undeserved champion, winning an undeserved title shot, by getting his ass beat.

LHW division already lost months to the "Chael as a LHW" fiasco.

He has not beat a LHW in ages,
but gets fights vs. the Champ and another top 10 fighter.

Great talker and a good MW, but he has no business being in the LHW division with his resume.
Entirely true. Shame I think shoguns a spent force in general now too. I see this as more of a fun fight. Phone Post 3.0

I hate this thread.  But I am glad to see dudefromisrael back on the boards.  Post some vids!

I hate this thread.  But I am glad to see dudefromisrael back on the boards.  Post some vids!

eXtv -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Shogun can't defend takedowns and looks to be way passed his prime. Phone Post

The only guy to ever manage to hold Shogun down for an extended period of time is JBJ, and we all know JBJ is so much of a better fighter than Chael that it's not even funny.

I think people like yourself will be surprised at how Shogun is able to get the fight back to the feet using his crafty, unorthodox bottom game.

No won't be surprised at all. I actually am expecting a a dog fight that goes everywhere. Will be one of the best of the year imo. Phone Post

Shogun by leglock.

rasslin'

dudefromisrael - 

Sonnen's last win at LHW was against 17-6, coming off a loss Alex Stiebling in 2004. Phone Post

his last 3 loses were to Silva and Bones tho....

Pretty sure betting lines are less about who is going to win and more about vegas covering. The closest you'll see a line on who vegas thinks is going to win is on the initial opening line. But even then I'm not sure.