How many blackbelts in your state?

"Shen, when were you in Wheeling and who was the blackbelt who was there? "

I was there for the Holidays. My aunt, uncle & cousin all live there & my Mom is in Ohio. (I'm in Los Angeles)

FreestyleJJ is right, I was just referring to myself. (& BTW, thank you for the invite Freestyle!)

Actually, my aunt was nice enough to cut-out an ad for an, I believe, "American Bu-jitsu" (?) school before I got there, just in case I wanted to do "martial arts" while I was in town. Lol. (Actually, it was very thoughtful of her).

BTW, is Liberty Gym a commercial "store-front" type school? Do you guys have a website? Just curious.

Thanks!

-Perry

Mamoth100...

Tyrone just went down to Texas (Dallas?) about a week ago and did a week long training stint w/ the Machado's. Said they put him trough the ringer. He is now a BB. Congrats to him.

I think 1 Gracie Barra black Belt in Columbia, SC. I am a 4th degree brown belt ubnder Relson in Georgetown,SC. There is also Jerry Brewer, brown belt and Pat Mcguigan in Charleston, and Shane Briggs in Myrtle beach. I think Jack Walker is a brown belt, dont know who under in Columbia. Thread doesnt deal with purple belts.

Add Adam miller to the Illinois list. He's a BB under Pedro sauer and has been training with Curran since Jeff started.

randmann, he is added.

gotta be WAY more then 50 in cali

a couple hundred at least

in NJ add Joe diamond, Tom Ellison, Jason Guerra, Marco Perazzo plus others

Also in NJ: Jamie Cruz, Alan Teo, Jamal Patterson, Carl Massaro, and Ricardo Almeida + his black belts.

im not sure the number in GA, somewhere around 5 or 6 maybe

Angelo,

Yep, heard him and Ryan went down in Feb. I'm glad he got his black. Very nice!

GA has at a minimum 10.

Diego
JR
Rhap
Paul C
Jacare
Traven
Jacao
Traven BB
Garth
Scott Devine
Bull
Steve Hedden
A couple at KU

Adam

Tennessee: Is Bruce Corrigan a black belt? If so, that would make 9 in Tennessee.

oh Ya I forgot Sam!

GA also has Eddie Camden, Steven Broughman, Byron Stone, Phillip Smith

Helio is in Kentucky

"BTW, is Liberty Gym a commercial "store-front" type school? Do you guys have a website? Just curious."

Not particularly a store front type place I guess, but we are a comercial gym. The gym is located @ a company called Liberty Distributing in Tridelphia, WV, 3 mi outside of wheeling. We've got a very small warehouse that was converted into a gym. It's not huge, but the entire thing is devoted just to martial arts. It also has gone by "Wheeling Bando/Boxing Gym" lately. The best pro boxers/kick boxers in the wheeling area all train there. In the last 6 months or so, I took my small jiu-jitsu club in with them and joined up as the jiu-jitsu coach. So it's definately the best place to train here in wheeling now.

Mike Napple, the head striking coach and some other people have just started getting into starting to promote mma events as well. They had the first one a few months ago "Hard Knock Fights" out in OH, about 20 min outside of wheeling.

Definately, any time you're in town, you're more than welcome. Just Let me know.

~FreestyleJJ

No website that I know of right now btw.

FL = about 100 gazillion lol

Iowa= Rodrigo Uzeda is the only one that I know of, but he just moved here.