How much do you stretch for your BJJ?

Would you guys say that you see flexible guys or inflexible guys get injured more in training? Pulling muscles, etc.

I would say probably the inflexible guys. If I hear a scream, it's probably one of them. lol Not all the time, though.

And I stretch before starting warm-ups in class. I'm flexible in BJJ ways (going inverted, etc.), but not really overall.

Inflexible.

william795 - Would you guys say that you see flexible guys or inflexible guys get injured more in training? Pulling muscles, etc.

I would say probably the inflexible guys. If I hear a scream, it's probably one of them. lol Not all the time, though.

And I stretch before starting warm-ups in class. I'm flexible in BJJ ways (going inverted, etc.), but not really overall.

To answer your question, I see people of all types get injured. But if I had to put them in groups, it would be those with obvious muscle imbalances evident by their posture.

But for the sake of argument, let's say it's simply the guy who is inflexible. Why is he inflexible? How will he get more flexible?

william795 - Would you guys say that you see flexible guys or inflexible guys get injured more in training? Pulling muscles, etc.

For me it's not even close: flexible guys, and guys who rely on a flexibility-based guard game, get injured much more. More to the knees, more to the back, more to the groin.

I really can't think of ever seeing somebody get injured in jiu-jitsu from not being flexible enough.