How much MORE will the UFC have to PAY ASKREN?

Now that Askren is the top draw in the sport @ 170 lbs. other than GSP, how much more cash will the UFC end up paying him?

Also Bellator will be back in the mix for Askren, since the company isn't being run by Bjork any longer.

Unbeaten.

The best.

PED FREE.

The UFC made a major mistake here when they underestimated how badly they would need Askren @ Welterweight with all these guys dropping like flies.

Askren vs. Rory was a fight the fans have been asking for, it's not a fight that UFC wants or Canada needs, but it's the fight the fans and sport deserve.

Cutting Lombard would free up plenty of salary cap space too.

There's options for the UFC moving forward to right this wrong, but they all include paying a hell of a lot more than they were going to pay the first time.

We saw what happened with Chael.

I called it years in advance with many mocking.

When a prophet speaks you should listen.

Let's make a hypothetical say GSP and Askren fight..What's your prediction?

*NOT SAFE FOR FRAGILE MENTALITIES*

I think...

Greasy St. Peezy gets beaten up pretty bad and POPPED by VADA after.

Uh, Askren is not the top draw in the sport @ 170. I saw one of his fights once cause I was too hung over to change the channel.

Ben Askren is the PERFECT return fight for GSP.

A guy that isn't too dangerous on the feet, but poses a definite threat to finish GSP with strikes from top position.

We saw Jake Shields had great success on the feet vs. GSP anyway, cutting him standing with an elbow.

GSP would lose convincingly but it could be blamed on ring rust and if he survives I think the fans would be interested in maybe a rematch with DIAZ or Condit while Askren goes on to win the title.

I will be UNJUSTLY frozen for this thought provoking and insight fulled thread.

As a martyr for the 1st Amendment I wanted to say thank you all for your kind thoughtfulness and understanding that Ben Askren would mount your favorite welter early and often before finishing him in the later rounds of a 5 round fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x01CodYG3Do

Askren should make a wsof run. become the lineal bellator, onefc, wsof champ heading into the ufc

Hope Hieron signs with One FC and makes a poopoo on OP's face

Askren is the top draw in the sport @ 170 lbs.?

I mean, I want him in the ufc too but i think we need to hold your horses a bit here. Phone Post 3.0

Everyone wanted Askren to fight the drug dopers they were so sure would beat him.

Now we see why they were so confident.

Pour out a bottle of deca for

Jon Fitch, Rousimar Palhares and Hector Lombard.

GSP we see you.

Stay retired and safe.

RockTheVote - Hi Ben. Phone Post 3.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WaT1884RfU

I feel like the troll became too obvious when you mentioned freeing up cap space. Phone Post 3.0

Lick Boners - Hope Hieron signs with One FC and makes a poopoo on OP's face

It's been over 3 years since that fight.

xsrg95 - Askren should make a wsof run. become the lineal bellator, onefc, wsof champ heading into the ufc

Bellator certainly owes it to themselves to properly respect and appreciate their Champion by signing him to a multi-million dollar contract.

I think one big way to build these guys as stars is to pay them accordingly.

Giving Ben Askren Rob Gronkowski money is how we complete the crossover to Ellen.

Phil999 -

Yep...Ben was in the sport for only 2 years and he beat a top 15 Jay Hieron, yet people bring that up like its a bad thing. Phone Post 3.0

SupesUp - I feel like the troll became too obvious when you mentioned freeing up cap space. Phone Post 3.0

Look I have never trolled and the moderator staff of mma.tv will tell you that politely and better than I ever could.

With all due respect stop with the false accusations, I am starting to feel like GSP.

Why so certain 'PED FREE'?
Hasn't he been fighting on Indian reservations and in japan his whole career?

SupesUp - I feel like the troll became too obvious when you mentioned freeing up cap space. Phone Post 3.0
I knew it was a troll when he said Askren. Phone Post 3.0

Shy Guy - 
Phil999 -

Yep...Ben was in the sport for only 2 years and he beat a top 15 Jay Hieron, yet people bring that up like its a bad thing. Phone Post 3.0

Sure, but I haven't seen any magical super improvement from Askren, same old same old with a bit better GNP. Too bad that doesn't help him when Hieron stuffs some takedowns or scrambles back up and outstrikes Ben again

fna - Why so certain 'PED FREE'?
Hasn't he been fighting on Indian reservations and in japan his whole career?
A decorated amateur wrestler juicing??
Unpossible Phone Post 3.0

Lick Boners -
Shy Guy - 
Phil999 -

Sure, but I haven't seen any magical super improvement from Askren, same old same old with a bit better GNP. Too bad that doesn't help him when Hieron stuffs some takedowns or scrambles back up and outstrikes Ben again
I can tell by your comment that you haven't watched enough Ben Askren fights to have an opinion on his skill or improvement. Phone Post 3.0