How much MORE will the UFC have to PAY ASKREN?

Shy Guy - 
Lick Boners -
Shy Guy - 
Phil999 -
Lick Boners - Hope Hieron signs with One FC and makes a poopoo on OP's face

It's been over 3 years since that fight.

Yep...Ben was in the sport for only 2 years and he beat a top 15 Jay Hieron, yet people bring that up like its a bad thing. Phone Post 3.0

Sure, but I haven't seen any magical super improvement from Askren, same old same old with a bit better GNP. Too bad that doesn't help him when Hieron stuffs some takedowns or scrambles back up and outstrikes Ben again
I can tell by your comment that you haven't watched enough Ben Askren fights to have an opinion on his skill or improvement. Phone Post 3.0

I've watched most his fights after Hieron. Can you teach me, oh wise master please?

Lick Boners -
Shy Guy - 
Lick Boners -
Shy Guy - 
Phil999 -
Lick Boners - Hope Hieron signs with One FC and makes a poopoo on OP's face

It's been over 3 years since that fight.

Yep...Ben was in the sport for only 2 years and he beat a top 15 Jay Hieron, yet people bring that up like its a bad thing. Phone Post 3.0

Sure, but I haven't seen any magical super improvement from Askren, same old same old with a bit better GNP. Too bad that doesn't help him when Hieron stuffs some takedowns or scrambles back up and outstrikes Ben again
I can tell by your comment that you haven't watched enough Ben Askren fights to have an opinion on his skill or improvement. Phone Post 3.0

I've watched most his fights after Hieron. Can you teach me, oh wise master please?
What fights have you seen?

If you can say that you haven't seen improvement in his game you are either A. lying and haven't been watching his fights or B. you don't know what you're watching. Phone Post 3.0

Most of his fights, can't even remember who he fought apart from Lima(who is a great fighter but lacks in wrestling). I've remember seeing him dominate lesser fighters with relative ease. Can you please point his magical improvements, maybe compare his takedown setups from the Hieron fight and now explain what he does differently etc.

Thanks

Koreshkov too to add

The funny thing is nick diaz is probably the biggest draw at 170. Phone Post 3.0

Why the fuck does everyone here think Ben Askren is like the best fighter in the world, that he can beat everyone in the UFC without even having a single fight there? Phone Post 3.0

Lick Boners - Most of his fights, can't even remember who he fought apart from Lima(who is a great fighter but lacks in wrestling). I've remember seeing him dominate lesser fighters with relative ease. Can you please point his magical improvements, maybe compare his takedown setups from the Hieron fight and now explain what he does differently etc.

Thanks
So you have watched 2 fights...cool.

His takedowns generally come from countering or from the clinch. When he can make body contact he has a very good single and very good inside and outside leg trips. Sometimes he will throw the overhand right and level drop for a single.

His Jiu Jitsu has improved in the cage quite a bit. I believe he was a purple belt back then and he is now a brown belt but he has been able to implement his BJJ into MMA much better and mixes it with his wrestling better than anyone I have seen in terms of positional control. His GNP is also MUCH better than it was back then and he is overall a much more aggressive fighter.

He still wins and dominates with wrestling and that's probably not going to change. Phone Post 3.0

FitchIsExciting - Why the fuck does everyone here think Ben Askren is like the best fighter in the world, that he can beat everyone in the UFC without even having a single fight there? Phone Post 3.0
Because a lot of people here are anti UFC and don't like Dana White. Phone Post 3.0

FitchIsExciting - Why the fuck does everyone here think Ben Askren is like the best fighter in the world, that he can beat everyone in the UFC without even having a single fight there? Phone Post 3.0
Who said he was the best fighter in the world? Most people just want to see him in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

Shy Guy - 
Lick Boners - Most of his fights, can't even remember who he fought apart from Lima(who is a great fighter but lacks in wrestling). I've remember seeing him dominate lesser fighters with relative ease. Can you please point his magical improvements, maybe compare his takedown setups from the Hieron fight and now explain what he does differently etc.

Thanks

His takedowns generally come from countering or from the clinch. When he can make body contact he has a very good single and very good inside and outside leg trips. Sometimes he will throw the overhand right and level drop for a single.

His Jiu Jitsu has improved in the cage quite a bit. I believe he was a purple belt back then and he is now a brown belt but he has been able to implement his BJJ into MMA much better and mixes it with his wrestling better than anyone I have seen in terms of positional control. His GNP is also MUCH better than it was back then and he is overall a much more aggressive fighter.

He still wins and dominates with wrestling and that's probably not going to change. Phone Post 3.0

Good points. Please do take account that all these improvements you see are done on very low level guys compared to a great all around fighter like Hieron.

I'd love to see a Hieron rematch, or Askren against WSOF guys like Shields, Fitch and Palhares. Too bad Askren wanted no part of WSOF and went to fight guys like Suzuki and Abbasov(who?) and probably fights Baroni soon(lmao)

How many fights left on his OneFC deal?  Do they have a champion's clause preventing him from becoming a free agent when his current deal expires?

Lick Boners -
Shy Guy - 

Thanks

Good points. Please do take account that all these improvements you see are done on very low level guys compared to a great all around fighter like Hieron.

I'd love to see a Hieron rematch, or Askren against WSOF guys like Shields, Fitch and Palhares. Too bad Askren wanted no part of WSOF and went to fight guys like Suzuki and Abbasov(who?) and probably fights Baroni soon(lmao)
Well, that's why I want to see him in the UFC. I want to see what he can do against the top ten. Lima is an excellent fighter and a legit UFC level talent so that's the closest fight we have to measure him but Lima also doesn't have a wrestling background (but very good bjj). Phone Post 3.0

I'd love to sees Askren fight Diaz though, Askren would make Nicky look silly

And yeah for sure I want to see Askren in the UFC 100%, I just think he will struggle against the top guys(he does beat Condit and Diaz atleast)

Lick Boners - And yeah for sure I want to see Askren in the UFC 100%, I just think he will struggle against the top guys(he does beat Condit and Diaz atleast)
Diaz whoops the shit out of him. Or subs him. Phone Post 3.0

NickDiaz4everIrrelevant - 
Lick Boners - And yeah for sure I want to see Askren in the UFC 100%, I just think he will struggle against the top guys(he does beat Condit and Diaz atleast)
Diaz whoops the shit out of him. Or subs him. Phone Post 3.0

Nick can't stop Askren from taking him down, and it'll be all turtle guard from then on. After the fight Diaz will point out there were spies in his camp and the time zones where out of whack

Personally, i think dana should bring him in. 

How many casual fans even know who the fuck Ben Askren is?

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the UFC but the OP is using a pretty ridiculous premise.

Chromium - 

How many casual fans even know who the fuck Ben Askren is?

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the UFC but the OP is using a pretty ridiculous premise.

How many casual fans still watch the UFC?

CerroneWentFuryOnJurysAss - Now that Askren is the top draw in the sport @ 170 lbs. other than GSP, how much more cash will the UFC end up paying him?

Also Bellator will be back in the mix for Askren, since the company isn't being run by Bjork any longer.

Unbeaten.

The best.

PED FREE.

The UFC made a major mistake here when they underestimated how badly they would need Askren @ Welterweight with all these guys dropping like flies.

Askren vs. Rory was a fight the fans have been asking for, it's not a fight that UFC wants or Canada needs, but it's the fight the fans and sport deserve.

Cutting Lombard would free up plenty of salary cap space too.

There's options for the UFC moving forward to right this wrong, but they all include paying a hell of a lot more than they were going to pay the first time.
Do you honestly believe that if there was a PPV with Askren v Lawler Headlining, it'd do more buys than Lawler v Hendricks/Rory?

If the co main and undercard were essentially non draw fights, you think Askren would pull figures? What people don't get is, 80% of fans are casuals, casuals think the UFC is MMA. They have no clue who Askren is past being a perma permed annoyance on Twitter. They've never seen him fight Phone Post 3.0