How much MORE will the UFC have to PAY ASKREN?

CerroneWentFuryOnJurysAss - 
Chromium - 

How many casual fans even know who the fuck Ben Askren is?

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the UFC but the OP is using a pretty ridiculous premise.

How many casual fans still watch the UFC?

Generally, more than all other MMA promotions combined.

And Askren isn't even in Bellator anymore. He's a draw among messageboard nerds like us, that's it.

OneFC and Asian MMA in general really sets the standards for stringent drug testing. It's really a testament to their governing body that they have so many high level guys that are PED free. Phone Post 3.0

Seats Taken - OneFC and Asian MMA in general really sets the standards for stringent drug testing. It's really a testament to their governing body that they have so many high level guys that are PED free. Phone Post 3.0

True that.
And Askren himself once said he was tested for only 1 bellator fights. But putting that aside, he was an Olympian and historically nobody does steroids then takes part in the Olympic Games which really, sport-wise, is the pinnacle of pure clean competition.

Dreville79 - 
CerroneWentFuryOnJurysAss - Now that Askren is the top draw in the sport @ 170 lbs. other than GSP, how much more cash will the UFC end up paying him?

Also Bellator will be back in the mix for Askren, since the company isn't being run by Bjork any longer.

Unbeaten.

The best.

PED FREE.

The UFC made a major mistake here when they underestimated how badly they would need Askren @ Welterweight with all these guys dropping like flies.

Askren vs. Rory was a fight the fans have been asking for, it's not a fight that UFC wants or Canada needs, but it's the fight the fans and sport deserve.

Cutting Lombard would free up plenty of salary cap space too.

There's options for the UFC moving forward to right this wrong, but they all include paying a hell of a lot more than they were going to pay the first time.
Do you honestly believe that if there was a PPV with Askren v Lawler Headlining, it'd do more buys than Lawler v Hendricks/Rory?

If the co main and undercard were essentially non draw fights, you think Askren would pull figures? What people don't get is, 80% of fans are casuals, casuals think the UFC is MMA. They have no clue who Askren is past being a perma permed annoyance on Twitter. They've never seen him fight Phone Post 3.0

If it is marketed correctly I absolutely believe it could sell more. Right now maybe not but down the line and with some time in the market, absolutely. Love him or hate him he has a polarizing personality and knows how to get a rise out of and engage people.

If they really got his name out there to the casual fan and his name became more "household" they would love him or hate just like the people on this forum, he just has that type of personality. IMO, he is a lot more marketable than both Hendricks and Rory....he is much more engaging than those two.

If Rory and Askren were both pushed just as hard as the other, I think Askren draws way more viewers than Rory....same with Hendricks.

Enough is a enough guys. Give OP his meds back, things are getting out of hand. he may hurt himself.

I really like Askren.

That said Op, do you know what top draw means? Phone Post 3.0

Seats Taken - OneFC and Asian MMA in general really sets the standards for stringent drug testing. It's really a testament to their governing body that they have so many high level guys that are PED free. Phone Post 3.0

I know this post is sarcasm, but OneFC actually does blood testing and should be commended for that, even if I'm not aware of any OOC testing. As for the rest of Asia, um, lol.

CapnKindBud - They will be paying him zero.
He doesn't want to fight for the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
Stop it. You're not a bad guy. Phone Post 3.0