How on earth did Faber think he won?

I wonder how many people actually paid attention to those "knock-downs," look at Cruz's legs when he gets "knocked down." In ALL those instances, he was off balance.
He was either on one leg or he was going backwards... those "knock-downs" were nothing more than Cruz being off balance.

Faber lost because he doesn't have his corn rows Phone Post

damane08 - I wonder how many people actually paid attention to those "knock-downs," look at Cruz's legs when he gets "knocked down." In ALL those instances, he was off balance.
He was either on one leg or he was going backwards... those "knock-downs" were nothing more than Cruz being off balance.

Impossible.

According to the UG, Cruz has amazing footwork. The best in MMA, in fact!

Cruz definitely landed more, but Faber seemed to have landed the harder shots. It was a close fight but don't see how Faber won 3 rounds

I want to see Miguel VS Faber.

The three knockdowns may not have been super great, but they were certainly more than Cruz ever accomplished in the fight.

Palmala Handerson - Cruz's style is ridiculous, it's engineered to stay outside of striking range and 75% of his shots don't even make contact, he might as well be in there by himself shadow boxing. It looks busy but accomplishes nothing and he shouldn't be awarded decisions because of it.

I thought Faber one cause he was the only one in there willing to fight, knocked him down a few times to boot. Dancing around like a queer while throwing shots that are at best a foot away from their target should not = win.

Rant over

Frankie Edgar started all of that. Once the judges gave him the 1st (he won the 2nd) fight with BJ, the door was wide open.

Honestly though, those knockdowns seemed more a result of Cruz's footwork rather than serious stunning shots. Cruz popped right back up, and 1 punch each round doesn't beat all the shots Cruz landed the rest of the rounds.

Faber kept waiting for the stars to align in order to generate offense. You have to make stuff happen in there, especially against a guy that moves like that.

Fightmetric showed Cruz outlanding Faber 97-58, plus he landed 4 times as many takedowns while maintaining a higher activity level. Faber didn't do enough....

None of those 3 "drops" look like drops, imo.