How protected was Chuck?

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - He fought the best the UFC had, they just happened to be grapplers that fit his style better. At least he fought the top competition in his promotion, unlike a guy like Wand who he'll always be compared to Phone Post 3.0

Rampage x2
Arona
Sakuraba x3
Cro Cop x2
Hunt
Hendo x2
Mezger

What a pussy.

Chuck was the man though. He was respected even back then as a guy that earned his way to the top. Phone Post

nyhcloyalty - Chuck fought EVERYONE. Fought Vernon White, as champion, for literally no reason.

Don't make em like that anymore. Phone Post 3.0
Chuck wasnt champ when he fought vernon white Phone Post 3.0

teamquestnorth - 
nyhcloyalty - Chuck fought EVERYONE. Fought Vernon White, as champion, for literally no reason.

Chuck was no 1 contender not wanting to just wait for tito. Fought Vernon, who i think wasnt even top 10 at the time, to make apoint.

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - He fought the best the UFC had, they just happened to be grapplers that fit his style better. At least he fought the top competition in his promotion, unlike a guy like Wand who he'll always be compared to Phone Post 3.0
Who did Pride protect Wand from? Mirko twice? Dan Henderson? Arona twice? Mark Hunt? I guess you could say Shogun or Lil Nog but dude fought everyone and even entered the tournaments both Middle and Heavy. Phone Post 3.0

angryguy - 
teamquestnorth - 

Chuck was no 1 contender not wanting to just wait for tito. Fought Vernon, who i think wasnt even top 10 at the time, to make apoint.

actual that was his fight to get a rematch with randy. he chose the hard road to get to tito

Chuck would have fought a fucking grizzly bear just to see who was better.
Well hell, maybe he has. I don't see any bears giving him any shit. Phone Post 3.0

MrFluffyHippo - Chuck would have fought a fucking grizzly bear just to see who was better.
Well hell, maybe he has. I don't see any bears giving him any shit. Phone Post 3.0
He paid khabib to protect him from bears

Chuck is an animal lover, he couldnt bring himself to do it. He considered getting a tattoo of his favourite animal but went even further and got gorilla belly implants.

Nice sentiment Phone Post 3.0

MrColdCock - 

Rampage x2
Arona
Sakuraba x3
Cro Cop x2
Hunt
Hendo x2
Mezger

What a pussy.

Chuck was the man though. He was respected even back then as a guy that earned his way to the top. Phone Post

Aroma x2

Randy absolutely dominated the first fight. Second fight could have been argued as a fluke. And then he fought Randy again.

The answer is zero.

Charlie has one of the most impressive resumes in MMA.

Other than a gift decision against Bustamante he earned all the accolades he receives.

Wanderlei in his Pride days would have fucked Charlie up, imo.

man meets fate - Just cause his record was padded with grapplers doesn't mean he was protected. Not history fault pride had all the legit talent

Also, I think after going to pride, it proved chuck was the 3rd best lhw. Maybe even fourth if you look at shoguns resume
But even that was dodgy considering how many pride guys were hived to fk, I can say with relative confidence that Chuck was clean his whole career, Pride while being the best promotion at the time was full of gear. Phone Post 3.0

Hived=juiced fkn auto correct Phone Post 3.0

went to fight prime Pele in Brazil NHB!

Bisping'sLazyEye - 
trblesum13 - Chuck was down as fuck! Phone Post 3.0
And down To Fuck. Phone Post 3.0

Not with Wandy though:(

FadeToBlack - ...on a scale of 1-10???

Fought a bunch of grapplers with limited striking and finally met Quinton, Rashad, and uh...Keith.
This thread screams that the op didn't watch Chuck, but read about him. If you watched Chuck, you'd remember he fought EVERYONE, and he fought hard to the end. Phone Post 3.0

"Who did Pride protect Wand from? Mirko twice? Dan Henderson? Arona twice? Mark Hunt? I guess you could say Shogun or Lil Nog but dude fought everyone and even entered the tournaments both Middle and Heavy."

He was supposed to fight Arona LONG before he did (Arona vs Ninja winner was supposed to get the title shot). Supposed to fight Rampage long before he did (Rampage/Randleman winner was supposed to get title shot). He only finally fought either of them when they met him in tournaments, meanwhile being booked against all kinds of other guys who had done absolutely nothing in the division.

Also never fought Rogerio.

Chuck was DTF!

Down to fight anyone Phone Post 3.0

Chack was legit.
The only time I really disliked him was when Dana brought in Horn so that Chuck could avenge his loss.
Chuck was the champion and Horn was nowhere in the top 5 at the moment.
Of course that wasnt really Chucks fault because he would have fought anyone.
But it was a bush league move by Dana IMO so I really wanted Horn to win to fuck Danas plans up!
Other than that I miss Chucks willingness to just fight. Phone Post 3.0

Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla - He was 37 when he fought Rampage for Christ sake. OP was still sucking on his Momma's titty then.
No, that was me sucking on OPs mama's titty at that stage. Phone Post 3.0

orcus - "Who did Pride protect Wand from? Mirko twice? Dan Henderson? Arona twice? Mark Hunt? I guess you could say Shogun or Lil Nog but dude fought everyone and even entered the tournaments both Middle and Heavy."

He was supposed to fight Arona LONG before he did (Arona vs Ninja winner was supposed to get the title shot). Supposed to fight Rampage long before he did (Rampage/Randleman winner was supposed to get title shot). He only finally fought either of them when they met him in tournaments, meanwhile being booked against all kinds of other guys who had done absolutely nothing in the division.

Also never fought Rogerio.

He also rematched both guys in non tournament fights. He also, as a standup fighter went up against three of the most dangerous violent HEAVYWEIGHT fighters ever in Hunt, Cro Cop and Yvel.

But he never fought Nog, so he must be a chicken shit. Interestingly enough, no champ has ever fought Nog despite him being in the top 10 for 10 years.

Wand bashing does not belong on this thread. Phone Post