How protected was Chuck?

nice try OP. You must be a JBJ fan lol

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - He fought the best the UFC had, they just happened to be grapplers that fit his style better. At least he fought the top competition in his promotion, unlike a guy like Wand who he'll always be compared to Phone Post 3.0
This, Chuck was to Tito what Shogun was to Wanderlei Phone Post 3.0

Chuck wasn't protected. He fought what the UFC had. It's just that Pride had all the top LHW's outside of Chuck. It's not like at that time the UFC could have stolen those guys from Pride. Pride was the big show.

WhoShotYushinOkami - Chack was legit.
The only time I really disliked him was when Dana brought in Horn so that Chuck could avenge his loss.
Chuck was the champion and Horn was nowhere in the top 5 at the moment.
Of course that wasnt really Chucks fault because he would have fought anyone.
But it was a bush league move by Dana IMO so I really wanted Horn to win to fuck Danas plans up!
Other than that I miss Chucks willingness to just fight. Phone Post 3.0

That was fine. Its pretty standard even in boxing for dominant champs to get rematches to avenge an ealier loss. I still like those, it was also an excpetion like you said and he fought the best pretty much otherwise.

CanadianMMA94 - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - He fought the best the UFC had, they just happened to be grapplers that fit his style better. At least he fought the top competition in his promotion, unlike a guy like Wand who he'll always be compared to Phone Post 3.0
This, Chuck was to Tito what Shogun was to Wanderlei Phone Post 3.0

Whats with the bs about Wand not fighting the top guys in Pride? Yes, he fought a lotta JCans but he also fought Rampagex2, Aronax2, CCx2, Hunt, Saku (smaller but was still the best in the earlier part), Mezger, Hendox2....

Which other top Pride LHWs did he not fight aside from Rog and his teammates?

Nakamura was also legit during his Pride period. The only top guys Wand never fought in Pride were Lil Nog and then maybe Overeem who wasnt really an elite guy though. Wand also fought HWs in CCx2, Hunt and Fujita. He fought CC in a modified rules match that was more striking centric as well.

You need to respect the Wand.

Wasa-B - He wasnt

TTTeh

probably least protected champ and the champ who really would fight anyone in his division without batting an eye.

Protected the ice man was not.

Dude Chuck fought a lot of top competition, while Tito was champ effectively protecting him. Look at Titos defenses lol. Phone Post 3.0

Wasa-B - He wasnt
This

Say what you want about Chuck he fought EVERYBODY the UFC had to offer at the time. Also went over to Pride and fought in the most stacked middleweight(203lb) tournament eva Phone Post 3.0

0 Phone Post 3.0

OP is a maroon.

Wasa-B - 
WhoShotYushinOkami - Chack was legit.
The only time I really disliked him was when Dana brought in Horn so that Chuck could avenge his loss.
Chuck was the champion and Horn was nowhere in the top 5 at the moment.
Of course that wasnt really Chucks fault because he would have fought anyone.
But it was a bush league move by Dana IMO so I really wanted Horn to win to fuck Danas plans up!
Other than that I miss Chucks willingness to just fight. Phone Post 3.0

That was fine. Its pretty standard even in boxing for dominant champs to get rematches to avenge an ealier loss. I still like those, it was also an excpetion like you said and he fought the best pretty much otherwise.

It wasnt fine IMO but yeah, even though I was hoping Horn would pull the upset, I didnt really hold it against Chuck.

Just Dana.

Chuck, like always just was fighting whoever was put in front of him.

It wasnt his fault Dana was being a fucking bushleague amatuer promoter and putting a guy in a title fight who at the time had no bsuiness being there.

FadeToBlack - I'm a douche. He even fought Mezger.

tucks
Hilite reel ko Phone Post 3.0

MrColdCock - 
orcus - "Who did Pride protect Wand from? Mirko twice? Dan Henderson? Arona twice? Mark Hunt? I guess you could say Shogun or Lil Nog but dude fought everyone and even entered the tournaments both Middle and Heavy."

He was supposed to fight Arona LONG before he did (Arona vs Ninja winner was supposed to get the title shot). Supposed to fight Rampage long before he did (Rampage/Randleman winner was supposed to get title shot). He only finally fought either of them when they met him in tournaments, meanwhile being booked against all kinds of other guys who had done absolutely nothing in the division.

Also never fought Rogerio.

He also rematched both guys in non tournament fights. He also, as a standup fighter went up against three of the most dangerous violent HEAVYWEIGHT fighters ever in Hunt, Cro Cop and Yvel.

But he never fought Nog, so he must be a chicken shit. Interestingly enough, no champ has ever fought Nog despite him being in the top 10 for 10 years.

Wand bashing does not belong on this thread. Phone Post

If that was all orcus could bring...............it's not even really worth a response.

How do you "protect" a striker by feeding him grapplers? I thought UFC 1 cleared this up.

Chuck would have fought his mom on 24 hour notice! FACT! Chuck didnt give a fuck!

Ik chucks been talking some shit lately about jones but the dude was down all the time. Think about his "easiest" opponent was jardean. And at the end he was feed to the wolves... Phone Post 3.0

They let chuck bang bro!!!! Phone Post

Chuck was not protected he fought the best guys the ufc had at the time. You a noob bro? Phone Post 3.0

octagon 11 - Lidell Is Ok.Not Worst Not The Best.He Defeated Randleman For Sake.Rid Of TitoOrtiz.Thanks Chuck!Almost Lost To Metzger,Pele.Brave Dude.They Put Him With Monsters Monson,Couture,Rampage At Time Most MMA Declined Matches
What the fuck kinda language was that?
Shut the fuck up and never post again. That was just nonsense typed out "Like A High School Girl Talking To Her Friends On Msn Messenger Ten Years Ago"

I fucking hate you now. Phone Post 3.0